MLB Uniform Tweaks and Redesigns

zussmandesigns

Hello everyone! Due to this quarantine, I have decided to start back up a Baseball Concept Uniform Tread! Each team will have at least one home alternate and road alternate uniform, and one spring training uniform. C&C is always appreciated, so please give your feedback! I will start with the American League then move to the National League. I hope you enjoy!

BALTIMORE ORIOLES:

The Orioles have some of the nicest uniforms in the league, in my opinion. The black and orange work really well together. I wanted to make the Orioles a primary orange team(which is what they should always be), so I added a orange hat to the road uniform, road alternate uniform 1, and the Spring Training uniform. I added another black uniform using the "O's" logo, maybe a jersey they wear on special occasions on the road. 

HOME:

spacer.png

ROAD:

spacer.png
HOME ALT:

spacer.png
ROAD ALT 1:

spacer.png

ROAD ALT 2:

spacer.png

SPRING TRAINING:

spacer.png

Marlin.png

BOSTON RED SOX:

The Red Sox are such a classic and historic franchise, and it is almost impossible to change their look. I went ahead and added the piping down on all uniforms, not just the classic home. I also added the secondary logo as the patch in the sleeve of the jersey. I feel like small, subtile changes improve this already classic set. 
HOME:spacer.png

ROAD:

spacer.png
HOME ALT:

spacer.png

ROAD ALT:

spacer.png
SPRING TRAINING:

spacer.png

Marlin.png

For the two teams that you have, I generally feel that playing it safe and not straying too drastically from the Red Sox and Orioles was the right move. For the Orioles, I think that you should have kept the trim-color hat that they have for both the home and road, although I do think you had the right idea for having orange and white for the home jersey colors and black and gray for the road jersey colors. I think that the orange and black checkered pattern on the sleeves is unique, and could work. For the Red Sox, I do like how you gave them consistent piping on both the home and road jerseys, and that putting "Boston" in red and trimmed with navy blue is better than the all-navy blue "Boston" that they sometimes have for some reason. The only thing I would change is make the belts either navy blue or red throughout. Again, I think that white and red for the home jersey colors and gray and navy blue for the road jersey colors was the right call. Strong looking set overall, however! 

NEW YORK YANKEES:

When you ask someone who doesn't know anything about the MLB, most people will think about the Yankees. They are the most iconic team baseball, and have arguably the most classic and untouchable uniforms in the sport. But I thought that they could use a little work. The hats on every uniform changed to their older NY logo. I used their very underused word mark for the Away uniform and the Home Alt Uniform. 
HOME:

spacer.png
ROAD:

spacer.png

HOME ALT:

spacer.png

ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

SPRING TRAINING:

spacer.png

Marlin.png

6 hours ago, ChiCity95 said:

The unis look okay, but I think the Yankees could use a throwback uniform as an alternate set. Maybe their 1927 unis?

spacer.png
Here is the away jersey from the 1930 season. This would be a nice away jersey on a Sunday afternoon game, in my opinion. 

Marlin.png

TAMPA BAY RAYS:

Tampa is in need of a redesign. I also think that they could get away with some crazy designs, so I tried to make them as unique as possible. I lost the yellow color, and used a salmon color as their third color. I used totally different logos, but kept the ray while just changing the color. I feel like all powder-blue's are some of the best in baseball, and the Rays are in need of one. I added a salmon jersey to the set, as a home afternoon game. I feel the rebrand should be coming with the new stadium that they are having in a couple of years.

HOME:

spacer.png

ROAD:

spacer.png

HOME ALT 1:

spacer.png

HOME ALT 2:

spacer.png

ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

SPRING TRAINING:

spacer.png

Marlin.png

TORONTO BLUE JAYS:

The Blue Jays changes they made in 2012 was a great choice for the entire franchise. The blue is a great shade of blue, and the new Jay is a good looking logo. I couldn't change their look too much, but I had to change something. I used their Leaf logo, and I put the logo on the sleeve. I think small, subtile changes to the entire set will really improve the overall look for the team. 
HOME:

spacer.png

ROAD:

spacer.png

HOME ALT 1:

spacer.png

HOME ALT 2:

spacer.png

ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

SPRING TRAINING:

spacer.png

Marlin.png

CHICAGO WHITE SOX:

The Sox have been a classy team for so long, and I think they need to go back to the red, black, and white look. It adds so color to their set, and makes the set look more lively. I brought back the scripts from the 1987-90 seasons for the home and road wordmark. I dropped the pinstripes for their regular home uniform, and now used it as an alternate uniform. I also brought back the old "C" logo from the 1987-90 season.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Marlin.png

Whitesox looking good! I’ve always wanted them to add red as an accent and your concept uses it right. Only suggestions would be to add some red to the pinstripe set and maybe some white on the aways 

CLEVELAND INDIANS:

After the whole Chief Wahoo fiasco, the Indians went to the boring Block C that needs fixing up. I do like the current Indians wordmark, so I kept that and used the "I" logo as their new primary logo. I brought back the Cleveland wordmark from the early 2010's, and brought back the all red throwback from the 1970's. 

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Marlin.png

• 2 weeks later...

DETROIT TIGERS:

I feel like the Tigers could do a lot more with their uniforms. I went a little out of the box, adding tiger stripes to all of the sleeves. I added the "Tiger" wordmark script to the set, as I think it works well with the home and home alternate. I think the overall set improves the current set greatly. 
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Marlin.png

Archived