CDMX Jags

DaBestoftheWest

Last fall, I saw a concept on here about a Dolphins redesign, but his presentation was one I had never seen before. I honestly don't even remember the thread otherwise I would link it in here. The owner of the design implemented it into Madden 19 or 20, and that was a big reason for getting me into modding Madden on my PC. I learned photoshop basics, and learned how to import custom uniforms and fields into the game. This is one of the changes I will be making in the early 2020's of my Steelers franchise after the release of a franchise file with updated rosters (including draftees) and simmed through 2019.

With an uncertain future in Jacksonville brewing for the last handful of years, the Jaguars sought a move abroad. Most assumed London would be the location for the Jaguars, but the NFL changed their mind at the eleventh hour behind the scenes, forcing the Jaguars to consider the homeland as well as other foreign sites. Oklahoma City, Monterrey, Mexico City, and even San Diego were tossed around. In the end, the Jags wanted an NFL-ready stadium, leaving San Diego and CDMX. The divisional set up made the most sense geographically for the team to choose the Mexican capital, and they did.

Without further ado, I present to you the Mexico Jaguars, or Los Jaguares de Mexico. The logos aren't anything new but I added red eyes for the Jaguar, as Mexico is red and green.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Here are the wordmarks, first in English"

RVhW8I4.png

Y en español:

SJ9XwAS.png

The team has also revealed their fieldart for the upcoming season,

spacer.png

The team has not announced a timeline for new uniforms at this time, but have updated their social media handle to reflect the move. 

DfXzVqs.png

Let me know your thoughts. I know this isn't some crazy detailed redesign, but I'm proud that I've even gotten to this point with my graphic work.

I had never really thought of this (I think a team in Mexico City could definitely have success, but I had always thought that the Jags would move to London, not Mexico), but it would make sense. Probably more so than London. Plus, the team name readily translates into Spanish. 

spacer.png

@DaBestoftheWest I'm not really seeing a lot of conceptual work here aside from basic recolours to part of the current Jags logo set. The field work is interesting, but again I'm not seeing much conceptual work. I'm going to leave the thread open to give you the chance to create something unique with the uniforms but as of now? Nothing here really warrants a thread. So if there aren't unique logos or unis incoming? I'm going to have to shut it down.

1 hour ago, IceCap said:

@DaBestoftheWest I'm not really seeing a lot of conceptual work here aside from basic recolours to part of the current Jags logo set. The field work is interesting, but again I'm not seeing much conceptual work. I'm going to leave the thread open to give you the chance to create something unique with the uniforms but as of now? Nothing here really warrants a thread. So if there aren't unique logos or unis incoming? I'm going to have to shut it down.

I appreciate you doing your job, @IceCap. Next time I start a thread I will make sure I have more conceptual ideas completed upon posting.

That being said, uniforms are in the works and I have a helmet to share very shortly. 

For the helmets I wanted something with distinct flair, representing Mexico and the Jaguars simultaneously. I know the jaguar-spotted helmet isn't super original for a Jags concept, but it feels artistic and over the top which I think represents a city like CDMX quite well. I added on an Aztec design for the helmet stripe and placed the Mexican flag on the rear of the helmet. For the helmet logo, i swapped the typical Jaguars logo on the helmet for the shield to make it easier on the eye, and I love the way it looks against the spots. For the front bumper, i felt CDMX worked well instead of "JAGS", and for a team using the same name as a relocaiton franchise, I felt the importance to use the new location often; therefore the CDMX typefaces are used often.

GviHBdJ.png

ahgvfGI.png

15 hours ago, DaBestoftheWest said:

For the helmets I wanted something with distinct flair, representing Mexico and the Jaguars simultaneously. I know the jaguar-spotted helmet isn't super original for a Jags concept, but it feels artistic and over the top which I think represents a city like CDMX quite well. I added on an Aztec design for the helmet stripe and placed the Mexican flag on the rear of the helmet. For the helmet logo, i swapped the typical Jaguars logo on the helmet for the shield to make it easier on the eye, and I love the way it looks against the spots. For the front bumper, i felt CDMX worked well instead of "JAGS", and for a team using the same name as a relocaiton franchise, I felt the importance to use the new location often; therefore the CDMX typefaces are used often.

GviHBdJ.png

ahgvfGI.png

I'd probably make the spots lighter so that they don't get sucked into the logos. I'd also shrink the logo as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 hours ago, DaBestoftheWest said:

GviHBdJ.png

ahgvfGI.png

I like it, but I would remove the logo on the helmet. The spots and the Aztec design along with the logo makes the helmet look busy.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

On 4/26/2020 at 8:03 PM, DaBestoftheWest said:

I appreciate you doing your job, @IceCap. Next time I start a thread I will make sure I have more conceptual ideas completed upon posting.

That being said, uniforms are in the works and I have a helmet to share very shortly. 

Sorry for the late reply. 

Anyway no problem! The best advice I can give is to do your best with unis and present them. Even if they're not perfect. The process of putting your ideas on (virtual) paper and getting constructive feedback will help you get better. 

Archived