NFL Concepts by mcrosby - Sep.26 updates

mcrosby

Back in 2018 I completed a big ol' NFL rebranding project. That project was all logos and then I added in some helmets. Like many of you, I've got a lot of free time these days. I thought I'd use that free time to work up some uniform concepts. Some logos will be redone as well. I haven't done uni concepts in a long time, and I've taken some liberties with NFL uniform rules. I've altered a template by @mattwillcox for these concepts. Here's the first batch. 

Arizona Cardinals

I've leaned full on into the desert cardinal theme, mostly because I think that bird is far more unique and fitting of the region the team has called home for 30+ years. The helmet stripe is taken straight from the state flag, and that theme carries throughout the unis. 

TtnymUD.png

Atlanta Falcons

I don't hate their new uniforms as much as everyone else seems to, in fact I quite like them. I followed their lead with a few minor changes, namely the red wedges on the sleeves that show better than the side stripe of the recent redesign. 

VMUi9MT.png

Baltimore Ravens: 

My previous thread had the iridescent helmet for the Ravens, and I leaned into that even further here. The Oregon Ducks have used green iridescent numbers before, and despite them beating up on my Badgers in the Rose Bowl, those unis have always been a favorite of mine. I went real wild with the entirety of the alt uniform in iridescent fabric. 

feuHgA9.png

Buffalo Bills: 

I used the motion stripe from the logo as the main design element of these unis. The blue is toned down into a nickel blue to better represent the Nickel City. The alternate uni has a sublimated flag with the stars and lightning bolts of the Buffalo city crest. 

zlLPCiD.png

Carolina Panthers: 

Last one for this first post, the Panthers in plum. I don't dislike much about the current panthers look, so the updated logo, new colors, and a few adjustments here and there is all I've done. The alternate uni is all plum with some Carolina racing checkers. 

1TmBrpz.png

I've got a few more finished but will save them for a future post. I'll try to go in alphabetical order but might skip around as I find inspiration. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkpiranha

Best Cardinals concept I've seen in a decade.  Still Cardinals, but 100% fresh and new and appropriate for the region.  I'd kill to see that third jersey in the real world.

Excellent! Cardinals and Ravens are my standouts atm (that number finish is slick for Baltimore)... but something about the panthers looks a little unfinished. I think either add outlines to the numbers, or take the outlines away from the helmet stripes and make them just navy. Super pumped to see the rest! 

The Panthers unis are something I want to hate, but just can't. These are all so great! Still not a fan of replacing black with plum, but I can live with it. The primaries are great updates of their current look and the nice striping they use. These others I'm less sold on, the Bills primaries are fine but that alt is a miss for me, the Ravens are missing purple, the Falcons look better with the wedges on the sleeves but the gradient jersey just doesn't look good, and the Cardinals' alt doesn't really need those metallic accents. Making them flat would probably look better.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Chicago Bears: 

I went with the Cincinnati Reds font because I feel it fits the wishbone C much better than their current font, otherwise these are pretty straightforward looks for da Bears

HjjROEq.png

Cincinnati Bengals: 

Everyone hates the Bungles uniforms, so this was a challenge. Joe Exotic made me want to stick with the tiger stripes, so here they are. 

d6oIObS.png

With the Bears, I guess I'm just used to the current don't, so I'm conditioned not to like this. I think their throwback don't would have worked better. This is a great design though. On the home jersey, I would have made the GSH white, but it makes sense in not having it stand out. 

18 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Buffalo Bills: 

I used the motion stripe from the logo as the main design element of these unis. The blue is toned down into a nickel blue to better represent the Nickel City. The alternate uni has a sublimated flag with the stars and lightning bolts of the Buffalo city crest. 

zlLPCiD.png

Carolina Panthers: 

Last one for this first post, the Panthers in plum. I don't dislike much about the current panthers look, so the updated logo, new colors, and a few adjustments here and there is all I've done. The alternate uni is all plum with some Carolina racing checkers. 

1TmBrpz.png

I've got a few more finished but will save them for a future post. I'll try to go in alphabetical order but might skip around as I find inspiration. 

That Bills alternate uniform kinda gives a vibe of DC Defenders, especially with the design on the pants.

As for the Panthers, I think that should be the basis of the possible overall redesign of their uniforms, not straying too much from their traditional design.

Great job on this series.  LOVE the use of the Pyrrhuloxia Cardinal instead of the Northern... Makes so much more sense. 

Only complaint, and not so much a complaint as a general comment - that ATL primary logo reminds me sooo much of Soundwave's cassette bird Laserbeak from the original

'Transformers' and I just can't unsee it lol...

All in all very nice work.

canada.png

Cleveland Browns: 

Their recent redesign is great. I've made just a few alterations and added an alternate fauxback that would be paired with a faux leather helmet a la Washington's 2012 helmet. 

khPcn3q.png

Dallas Cowboys: 

The Cowboys now have only one blue and one silver/blue-green. I've matched striping on home and away and ramped up the size of the star on the alternate. 

pxjY3v2.png

Denver Broncos: 

I've tried to take the unique mid-60s sleeve and adapt it to the modern cut. Something in me still loves the side-stripe look, so I've included a simplified version of this as the alternate. 

vL36csO.png

Detroit Lions: 

The Lions are given muscle car striping on the helmet and uniforms. A silver alternate with sublimated racing stripes completes the set. 

FEqY1c0.png

On 4/25/2020 at 11:37 PM, mcrosby said:

Arizona Cardinals

I've leaned full on into the desert cardinal theme, mostly because I think that bird is far more unique and fitting of the region the team has called home for 30+ years. The helmet stripe is taken straight from the state flag, and that theme carries throughout the unis. 

TtnymUD.png

Phenomenal... absolutely phenomenal.

This makeover checks all the boxes. It retains the team nickname that has adorned the franchise for 99 of its 100 seasons in the NFL, while adopting a species of its namesake mascot that fits the market which the team has called home for the last 32 years. It dares to be bold, yet manages to feel timeless. Perhaps most impressive to me - someone who normally looks askance at the necessity of alternate uniforms - it includes a third set that is so striking and perfect for the market, I would buy the jersey in an instant.      

To my mind, this is an all-time great concept in the history of this community. Outstanding work!    

2 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Cleveland Browns: 

Their recent redesign is great. I've made just a few alterations and added an alternate fauxback that would be paired with a faux leather helmet a la Washington's 2012 helmet. 

khPcn3q.png

Dallas Cowboys: 

The Cowboys now have only one blue and one silver/blue-green. I've matched striping on home and away and ramped up the size of the star on the alternate. 

pxjY3v2.png

Denver Broncos: 

I've tried to take the unique mid-60s sleeve and adapt it to the modern cut. Something in me still loves the side-stripe look, so I've included a simplified version of this as the alternate. 

vL36csO.png

Detroit Lions: 

The Lions are given muscle car striping on the helmet and uniforms. A silver alternate with sublimated racing stripes completes the set. 

FEqY1c0.png

I'm a Broncos fan and I welcome these changes with open arms! 

N3d5IIl.png

8 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

Phenomenal... absolutely phenomenal.

This makeover checks all the boxes. It retains the team nickname that has adorned the franchise for 99 of its 100 seasons in the NFL, while adopting a species of its namesake mascot that fits the market which the team has called home for the last 32 years. It dares to be bold, yet manages to feel timeless. Perhaps most impressive to me - someone who normally looks askance at the necessity of alternate uniforms - it includes a third set that is so striking and perfect for the market, I would buy the jersey in an instant.      

To my mind, this is an all-time great concept in the history of this community. Outstanding work!    

To be honest, I've had this Cards concept in mind since my original post in 2018. It's the real reason I started this whole topic. The rest of the unis are just fluff. 

Green Bay Packers: 

The Packers have as close to perfect of a set in all of sports. I've made a few minor strip adjustments, made the green a bit more blue, and used a stencil font a la the Pack wordmark. The alternate is a throwback to 1935. 

SLYAXBK.png

Houston Texans: 

Last time around I got ride of red/white/blue for the Texans. It's an overdone scheme. Here's a burnt orange, brown, and cream set. The helmet has a leather finish. The home and away are simple, with a bit of a western vibe and the alternate is a nice, spacey, orange jumpsuit that brings back the blue. 

aFB3Ahc.png

Indianapolis Colts: 

The Colts accomplished a lot with their recent redesign, and I didn't stray too far from that. I brought the 'grommets' from the logo into the stripes throughout the set. The alternate has a brick pattern, perfect for late August near the Brickyard. 

TmbCIVP.png

18 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Cleveland Browns: 

khPcn3q.png

If you're going with an original NFL team, I'd go with the Canton Bulldogs, who were bought out by the Cleveland Indians football team and moved to Cleveland. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived