Jump to content

Big Little League: What if the MiLB had Class? (Rocket City added)


Bruins

Recommended Posts

Either that, or your buddy tells you about when he went up north the other weekend and almost bagged a deer, or something of the like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

Well, it's been a while. I spent so many months on the Suns and this next entry that they almost feel like real teams to me. I imagine the next club up will take less than 9 months to complete, but who knows I guess I like to take my time with these. Labors of Love, they are. 

 

It's a very clean, rewarding feeling to take a crack at scrubbing the baseball world of a team like the next target, the ohmygodpleasestop brand known as the Rocket City... *sigh* Trash... Trash Pandas, there. This is my attempt at providing Rocket City baseball with some dignity, much in the vein of this series, and that starts with removing Rocket City from their moniker.

Let me know what you think of this proposal for the Trashies replacements, a little CCSLC C&C always makes my day. Thanks!

 

CUCUZc4.jpg

bCtb5C7.jpg

ylRqcYR.jpg

gBBDVJc.jpg

BP1yxkX.jpg

IYl0S90.jpg

5r1HVWy.jpg

klsAcBu.jpg

DdjksVs.jpg

uJcubSX.jpg

g60ZKQr.jpg

Mg2rugF.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Random thoughts...

* You had me at Tom Corbett, Space Cadet.

* Huntsville Rocketeers just screams of the nation's fixation with the space race in the late 1950s and throughout the 1960s.  

* Who knew that one of Abraham Lincoln's descendants made it into the U.S. space program? 😉   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love damn near everything about this.  My only nitpick is that the ROCKETEERS wordmark is way too gorgeous to only be one one jersey.

EDIT: In hindsight, I didn't drool enough over your raygun.  I honestly want a hat with that on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to this! One comment on Jacksonville - the S logo on the hat could be confused with an L. 

 

I LOVE the Trash Pandas! Such a unique name and logo, but as a HUGE fan of the film, Rocketeers works too! Kudos!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Not sure why I move at such a molasses pace w/ this series, but hello again.

 

On 1/9/2021 at 4:19 PM, coco1997 said:

Badass. Love the 1950s sci-fi look. 

 

My only gripe is the trim on the away silver and away blue jerseys are basically invisible. Other than that, love everything about this concept. 

 

Glad to hear it!

Yeah, so the jersey striping was honestly the trickiest part of this team. IRL my idea would be to have the trim slightly reflective, to achieve a kind of futuristic glow effect, but that doesn't translate here, so your criticism's more than fair. I almost went with pure California Golden Seals style football stripes for accent, but they never looked quite right solid. Thank you as always Coco!

 

On 1/9/2021 at 11:34 PM, Brian in Boston said:

Random thoughts...

* You had me at Tom Corbett, Space Cadet.

* Huntsville Rocketeers just screams of the nation's fixation with the space race in the late 1950s and throughout the 1960s.  

* Who knew that one of Abraham Lincoln's descendants made it into the U.S. space program? 😉   

 

*wink* *finger guns*

That's very good, it felt right right away and all the way through.

Ha! I see it, I see it.

 

Thanks Brian 😁

 

On 1/10/2021 at 4:29 PM, NicDB said:

I love damn near everything about this.  My only nitpick is that the ROCKETEERS wordmark is way too gorgeous to only be one one jersey.

EDIT: In hindsight, I didn't drool enough over your raygun.  I honestly want a hat with that on it.

 

That's a nice problem to have! My original set only had 4 uniforms, but when I realized none had the wordmark I shoehorned in a 5th. I tried every which way to slap the wordmark on either the home or road, but the H just looked so much better on each.

 

Thank you! A raygun logo was a necessity.

 

On 1/11/2021 at 4:13 PM, jbird669 said:

I'm looking forward to this! One comment on Jacksonville - the S logo on the hat could be confused with an L. 

 

I LOVE the Trash Pandas! Such a unique name and logo, but as a HUGE fan of the film, Rocketeers works too! Kudos!

 

I think that would be a problem only if the tail extended a little further.

 

😄 Oof, agree to disagree but I appreciate it!

 

 

Anyone have opinions on who the next team should be?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bruins said:

Anyone have opinions on who the next team should be?

  • Gwinnett Stripers?
  • Lehigh Valley Ironpigs?
  • El Paso Chihuahuas. Definitively 
  •  Binghamton Rumble Ponies.
  • Amarillo Sod Poodles
  • Fort Myers Mighty Mussels
  • Vermont Lake Monsters
  • Norwich Sea Unicorns 
  • Rocky Mountain Vibes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.