Big Little League: What if the MiLB had Class? (Rocket City added)

Bruins

4vFgCDl.jpg

Well, hello again everyone! Somehow it's been almost a year since I've posted a concept here, and I wanted to come back with something special.

For those of you who followed my Little Big League "Brandiosing" of the MLB, this Big Little League is a sister series to that, and it's exact opposite.

As I started to want to really focus on making portfolio-worthy concepts, I didn't want to put too much time into a novelty series where I was copying someone else's style.

So although that series isn't dead it is on life support unfortunately 😕. (link in my signature if you'd like to check it out btw)

But one day I had the idea, what if instead of putting Brandiose into the MLB, I took it out of the MiLB? An un-tackification of Minor League Baseball if you will.

This provides an outlet to make fun, unique, non-gaudy minor league concepts where I can showcase my own design style instead of mimic another.

The first concept is a new look at Jacksonville baseball, which took me quite a while to finish, but I'm really proud of how it turned out.

I'm super excited about the possibilities here, so I hope you enjoy and let me know what team you'd like to see next (along with c&c of course).

Thanks guys!

YzL55Sr.jpg

FocMqtg.jpg

VKkdQZ5.jpg

L2qwh3K.jpg

uuymGFL.jpg

GJ82b09.jpg

EqLX3Vy.jpg

WIhTNx3.jpg

0NvPz6A.jpg

gpCayr2.jpg

umv774X.jpg

ASFJoK9.jpg

30WB2aU.jpg

f8xkND3.jpg

yrSkenX.jpg

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simply incredible presentation, pure class and it matches the feel you're going for. The home and road jerseys look fantastic, the stacked lettering of the road is something I didn't know looked awesome. Not bullish on the black alt, I can't help but think of some legibility issues with both the wordmark and number. I'd also like to see you use either a script "J" or the sun logo for the road cap, I don't really like the disconnect between the S for "Suns" while the jersey reads "Jacksonville". Your logo suite at the bottom is nothing short of fantastic and I can't wait to see how this series continues!

the user formerly known as cdclt

The logos and presentation are off the charts as usual, my only complaint is that it needs a grey road set and a less out there alt. The logo set is fantastic and you make orange gold and black work much better than I've ever seen it work!  *cough Anaheim *cough* 

I'm excited to see what else you have in store! 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

This could be the best MILB redesign I have ever seen on this site.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

This is off to a great start! As others have said, the presentation and history behind the design is great, and it’s a great tribute to Jacksonville and its history in film.

As for the logos and uniforms themselves, you’ve done a great job here too! I love the home script, and the “S” insignia that doubles as a J is simply inspired. I would probably thin down the line-work on the sun logo, as something about it looks a little “creepy” right now, if that makes sense. I might try to take some inspiration from some of the Suns’ prior logos, while integrating them into your brand. I’m not as huge on the “Jacksonville” stacked wordmark, though with such a long city name I’m honestly not sure what else you could do. I also think a gold road uniform can work (see Florida State’s Sunday golds) but I think the shade you’ve gone with here might be a little too saturated. I love the “Night Show” uniform, as that would be a perfect uniform to watch under the lights.

It truly is a shame that Jacksonville switched to the Jumbo Shrimp, but you’ve brought them back to their previous glory, and then some! Great job!

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

This is off to a great start! As others have said, the presentation and history behind the design is great, and it’s a great tribute to Jacksonville and its history in film.

As for the logos and uniforms themselves, you’ve done a great job here too! I love the home script, and the “S” insignia that doubles as a J is simply inspired. I would probably thin down the line-work on the sun logo, as something about it looks a little “creepy” right now, if that makes sense. I might try to take some inspiration from some of the Suns’ prior logos, while integrating them into your brand. I’m not as huge on the “Jacksonville” stacked wordmark, though with such a long city name I’m honestly not sure what else you could do. I also think a gold road uniform can work (see Florida State’s Sunday golds) but I think the shade you’ve gone with here might be a little too saturated. I love the “Night Show” uniform, as that would be a perfect uniform to watch under the lights.

It truly is a shame that Jacksonville switched to the Jumbo Shrimp, but you’ve brought them back to their previous glory, and then some! Great job!

Can see why you say it looks creepy, looks like a cartoonish smile someone would have if he/she was plotting something evil

I get the reference to the old-timey moon face, but right now the sun looks like it just ate an entire pan of pot brownies.  I don't really know how to fix that, maybe the eyes or the general expression on his face, but having him look less high is probably a good idea.  Overall, though, I can tell you've put a good deal of thought into making a coherent identity, which I appreciate, and I look forward to seeing what else you have in store for us. 

Archived