MLS 2022 by Hawkeye15 (Keeper Kits and Extras)

Hawkeye15

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think the front of the home jersey is missing the snow caps that are on the back. 

That's intentional. A sideview of the sleeve would show a vertical line splitting blue from white.

Colorado is tight, I dig bringing back the flag second kit. Class.

One thing I would say, I'm not a huge fan of their white-sleeves look irl, such that whenever they dig more into the powder blue I always love the look way more. Sort of that Villa / West Ham look that I think is just so clean looking. It's tight as is, don't get me wrong, but personally I think powder blue sleeves is a dream look for them that I wish they'd actually do for real. 

Also, perfect choice for their sponsor. Logo works with every kits color scheme, esp the second, so good work with that, hard to nail down the right one for the look but I think you hit that one perfect.

spacer.png

k1RbySn.png

FZbe4Nr.png

qoOTxpg.png

5YN0A5a.png

• The primary is meant to be a classic look with the darkened gold for the Timbers and has a sublimated tree stump circling the shirt logo.
  • I paired the rose city red with white instead of black with a bit of an Ajax look with red shorts. The red stripe on the chest is bordered by rose thorns.
  • The third pulls colors from the Portland flag.

AlLMdpx.png

I feel like you could have done more with the flag kit. The Portland flag has that cool stripe design that you could have incorporated into the home kit, but I really like the ripple design on the home.

The tree stump on the home is really cool and both of the other kits look great. It does seem like there could be a cool striping pattern on the flag kit, however.

the user formerly known as cdclt

I agree that I could have done more with the Portland third. Maybe I'll tweak it at the end. Thanks for the feedback on that.

HDT2Mj6.png

X1f3cx3.png

4HZd6ix.png

Zyy5IJv.png

• Both the home and third kits feature honeycomb-resembling patterns on the sleeves, since Utah is the beehive state.
  • RSL is best with blue sleeves and blue shorts. They've been a red shorts team for a while now, but that ought to change. The home kit and the pattern on the sleeves and shorts stripe is meant to give them a regal look, as their name suggests they ought to have. Here's a close up of the pattern on the home kit:

2ABCBWW.png

• The secondary takes colors from the Salt Lake City flag and the mountain imagery to go along with it.
  • The third leans into the beehive state motif and embraces how popular RSL's brief yellow kits were.

OO7fDke.png

Like how you put the blue sleeves back on RSL. Third kit is solid.

Took me a second to see it but I love the change kit. I love the pattern and the colors, tight. also love how the fade leads into the shorts as it gets more solid. Clean touch, big fan. Looks tuff.

With Portland, dig the home strip but the Green and Gold is class by itself, like the simplicity and the wood-grain around the crest is nice without being too much. I do think the away kit if it had black instead of white would be rad, as is kind of looks just like if Nike made Ajax kits. Which would be tight, but the red and black was such a sleek look for them. Third kit I love the idea, and I don't know the Portland flag *super* well, but if you put the cross-section of the flag where the crest is that could be a clean look, also fits with the crest-centric design on the home strip.

So love all of RSL's, and Portland's are super clean with high potential.

Loving this series, makes me dream of the league with actual variation in the kit manufacturers. Also, all of Nike's NWSL kits have been tight this year, at least the ones they've announced, and if they went that hard in MLS, damn man that would be class.

spacer.png

As an RSL fan, I really love all the design choices you made. The blue sleeves and shorts make a huge difference on the primary and provide better balance. They’re referred to as “the claret and cobalt”, but they’ve been a bit too “claret” lately. This evokes the reference much better in terms of the colors’ balance. 

I love that the second kit is based on the SLC flag; the flag’s design itself isn’t good, but the flag’s colors are great and I’m glad to see them nodded to (some could point out that RSL plays in nearby Sandy and not SLC, but you know what? Doesn’t bother me at all, the colors are too good to pass up and still have meaning :) )The mountain gradient design is excellent too! It altogether just looks like a really solid Wasatch inspired kit.

And of course, the bee/beehive inspired third is very fitting and well done. I’ve wanted RSL to explore that route more in a third or secondary kit, and I think you’ve presented a great, clean, classy option.

This RSL fan approves! Great work!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

jENIOU9.png

uMYZJFX.png

Fq1Ayp3.png

sNxNltw.png

• I actually like the Sounders home shirt this season, though I think it could be toned down. So I went with some water-colored waves that are a little bit more subtle on the home shirt. I find it odd that the Sounders have never designed anything in the direction that embraces that they are called the Sounders.
  • The secondary is a salmon and navy kit with a fish scale pattern on the cuffs and shorts stripe.
  • The Sounders black and neon kit was a hit a few years ago, so I did an updated version of it for the third kit.

WNDGdRV.png

Final team! I'll try some revisions on certain kits and I'll also share some goalkeeper kits as well.

EEJmhyq.png

hIUpHyU.png

me3BbNo.png

SY4zr5W.png

• I stuck with a traditional look for the Whitecaps home kit with the big blue stripe and some small mountains forming the light blue outline.
  • I went out on a ledge with a nod to the Vancouver Grizzlies on the secondary kit.
  • The third kit is a brown and blue kit similar to what the Caps wore a few years ago.

HPJry0r.png

Im crying over here that this is all coming to an end. This has been a 10/10 concept series. Presentation, template, those little schedules, it's all been amazing. Definitely going to be on the lookout for new series from you. Great work!

Way to end on an absolute banger. I've enjoyed this series so much that I literally ranked every team 🤣. Top 5 is Miami, NYRB, Vancouver, Colorado, and Phoenix. I got the whole ranking if you care enough to see it hahahaha

Archived