MLS 2022 by Hawkeye15 (Keeper Kits and Extras)

Hawkeye15

Was really looking forward to Austin and you didn't disappoint. Love the use of the Bullock Museum star in the secondary as it makes it feel very Texas-like. Plus it's my future home team so of course I have a bit of bias, but I would love if these were the kits.

spacer.png

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HTvDSQr.png

wUhGZ6z.png

s8dTCzb.png

DWCbtnT.png

• The primary keeps FC Dallas in hoops, but goes big with it. It's a similar idea to how teams that use stripes can take it to the max with a half-and-half jersey. This is the same idea, just rotated.
  • The secondary brings back more traditional hoops with FC Dallas' typical blue secondary colors, but brings a brick look to give it some character.
  • Dallas Burn fauxback!

q8UOiVq.png

REally love that home strip. Though I picture it with white shorts or blue shorts and I think that locks in the look (but it'd also probably be fairly garrish). 

Really love the Burn-era throwback, always forget how dope that color scheme was. Only thing is that I'd say would be either do the kit with no sponsor, or sublimate the stallion pattern. Since they're both sort of wire-frame thin, they kind of run into one another and neither component is like clear. I think if you did the sublimation on the old chest logo, the colors themselves are enough of an obvious nod-of-the-hat without needing the stallion center stage in full color.  But that's just me.

This series has been super dope so far. Excited to see how LAFC shapes up, and really all of the Western teams too.

spacer.png

R6PT98b.png

d0mNkZW.png

pdorXYX.png

7nZjBy3.png

Bjq7Krc.png

Thank you for all the comments so far.

Just the shade of orange alone is enough to make a simple Dynamo home kit POP. Looks awesome. Love love that away set too !! Light blue number looks a little out of place, but that tequila sunrise Astros type stripe is clean as hell. Really jumps off the all black set. Love this series 

AMb5io0.png

2bJF2rp.png

HsTaFzm.png

y0SpLVN.png

• I don't love much about SKC's identity, from the logo to the colors. But their rebrand coincided with an incredible growth in interest in the club as well as a new stadium, so it's gonna stick whether it has any character at all. Anways, this was their best look: https://fox4kc.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2014/06/zusi-besler-mls-cup-1.jpg?w=2560&h=1440&crop=1. They should embrace the asymmetric kit where the navy blue side panel is integrated into the logo. I go with navy shorts to get the kit more balance and differentiate their look even more from NYCFC.
  • Argyles have almost become a design feature at this point for SKC. I stick with the chrome argyles on a white kit, but bring in iridescent blue as well to give it some real character.
  • KC Wiz fauxback!

jNC27zH.png

I had limited myself to the idea that the diamonds in the argyle ought to fit in between the logos and the sponsor before I had varied those colors to blue... which means I can make the diamonds bigger and still see the sponsor and the diamonds separately. So thanks for the suggestion, I'll update it at the end and see what it looks like.

St. Louis was a fun concept for me because it's the only club that lacks any identity at this point. So my concept is completely from scratch. I'll take you through the process. I started with the idea that red/blue/yellow in some combination would be the way to go. The club's preliminary branding seems to lean that way, heavy leaning on the flag imagery. But I opt for royal blue as the primary color for a couple reasons. It gives them some variation from FC Dallas, a divisional team. It also gives them variation from the rest of the league, since a lot of clubs use red as a primary but only SJ and Montreal use royal blue, and both of those two rely heavily on black with it. So the royal blue can be a unique look for St. Louis. From there, the emphasis on the colors goes blue, red, white, and yellow in that order. I played around with some Crystal Palace-like color schemes, where red and blue play a similar role and yellow is an accent color. But I really want to feel like the shirts I make in this series are something I would wear myself in public, and those colors are just too much all together.

For the logo, I wanted the arch and Fleur de lis to be the centerpieces, while bringing in the waves form the STL flag. I hope the shape is unique as well. It's the recent I didn't use an oval.

cq6tqFx.png

And after seeing the logo, I hope the rest of the design elements for STL fall into place.

pv188J9.png

qAnlzlb.png

tLZHh4u.png

oYjvNx3.png

• The blue/blue/red matches the look of the logo (and the red/red/maroon does this as well). I debated a blue/white/red kit, but ultimately decided against it.
  • The yellow kit again pulls from the logo with the red on the bottom of the cuffs and the blue wave on top.

xn9tSc2.png

I personally think with STL that the home kit would look better with red shorts, the yellow with blue. And the third is kind of what I imagine Sacramento's kits being like.

So STL I think is rad but some things I'd do different.

SKC is about the most perfect set in the whole series. Home kit is nice, secondary is clean, and the third kit is tight as :censored:. Wish they would just do exactly what you did with their kits.

spacer.png

Love the Phoenix logo you got.

Personally something always set me odd about their logo. It was like too narrow, the phoenix ball never quite fit it, and the font is not my jam. Yours literally addressed every part I didn't like about the crest: I like the font way better, I like how the gold is almost more like desert-sun than pure gold, and the phoenix-ball actually fits in the crest well. Super excited to see the kits for them.

Sacramento also tight, love how you kept the tan and brown but added that extra red. Looks *super* clean, will be fascinating to see how it looks on the kits.

spacer.png

Archived