Sign in to follow this  
LogoMark

Detroit Lions Tweak

This is just a tweak to the current Lions uniform set. Overall I like the current jerseys, but I felt like I was missing the white on the color jerseys, pants, and helmet. I was also shooting for striping consistency. The current number typeface felt a little too rounded so I made something a little more classic.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'd prefer the away stripes a little thicker, but I see the consistency. Overall, these are excellent

I think it works well on the away whites, but not as well on the home blues.  I get you are going for consistent striping similar to U. of Florida, but not sure that the two thin stripes separated by a thick blue stripe works as well on the blue jersey. 

I think it looks better than what they currently have, but I’m just not a fan of the thicker blue stripe they use.  They just need to go back to the Sanders era striping on the pants and helmet, and figure out the sleeves for the newer cut.

Some about going with another type of number font other than "Motor" block font bothers me, for a football from a city that is nicknamed the Motor City. But that's just me

striping on the helmet looks much better than the stripes on the shoulders/pants to me

I would outline the grey nameplate if you want to keep that color.  Name plate is definitely lost on the white jersey and close to be on the blue. Overall - nice concept - love the striping.