Minor League Spins on MLB Identities

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/17/2020 at 12:57 AM, sportsfan7 said:

My favorites have to be the Indianapolis Indians who've had the name since 1902 and were only affiliated with Cleveland for 5 yrs in the 50s, and the Spokane Indians who've had the name since 1940 and were never affiliated with Cleveland. As far as I can tell, they are the only MiLB teams to share a nickname with a MLB team they aren't affiliated with.

Ha!  I was today years old when I realized that the Indianapolis Indians were not affiliated with the Cleveland Indians.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 2 months later...

Surprised that the Cardinals AAA team has not been mentioned. The old Louisville Redbirds were their team from 1984-1997

spacer.png

Then, when AAA expanded, the Cardinals wanted to be with the new team in Memphis, so the Memphis Redbirds were born. This was their original look:spacer.png

Later, they updated their wordmark, going to a script but keeping the single bird: spacer.png

Later, the Cardinals purchased the team and turned them into a Cardinals clone (Similar to their Palm Beach and Springfield affiliates):

spacer.png

The Cardinals sold the team, and the franchise wanted a more "Memphis" themed look, but kept the colors and went to their current look (Which includes the amazing M as a music note as the alternate hat):

spacer.png

As part of their current set, they wear these BEAUTIFUL powder blue alternates on Sunday, which they actually introduced BEFORE the Cardinals got their current powder blue set.spacer.png

The yellow kinda creates a 'glow' from the lights.  I like it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Obviously the Dodgers' AAA club (owned by the parent club) branded to match but there's a bit of consistency in the use of alternates/the incorporation of the red front number.

oaks.jpg

OKC-Dodgers-Uniforms-Ray-Dozier.jpg

md20180813-90876.jpg

SPORTS_150509502_AR_0_CAYNXEDEXAKJ.jpgGould.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEuvKm_fOnckht6PQuuHf

AkFYTOGwMCvbZH1IzlJT2hmapnreWDo_fZgZ81hz

73718-20Fr.jpg

91754-9700615Fr.jpg

article.213658.large.jpg

article.227686.large.jpg

VmWIn6B.png

Archived