Quarantine project: NBA Redesign

Krz

Started this a couple of days ago. I’m planning to do all NBA teams. (These are all from my Instagram btw (@mdesigns22))

So to start I chose the Atlanta Hawks. The Home, Away, and Alternate are inspired by the Dominique Wilkins era jerseys, but the number font is from the powder blue throwback and G League team. City edition is inspired by the 1996 olympics, and I also chose the gradient Mutombo era jerseys to throwback to. 

C&C appreciates, also let me know what team you want to see next. Credit to Daniel Ramone for the templete.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Excellent!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so here’s the second team, the Washington Wizards. Home and Away are an updated version of their current set, but with brighter colors and the stripes are replaced with the DC flag. The City jersey is inspired by the cherry blossom season in washington. And the throw back is to the Jordan era jersey.spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

Excellent!

Both teams look great so far, what if you made that alt. for Washington red instead of black. But wow, the city editions for both teams are sick, I really like what you've done for both teams so far. 

22 hours ago, jaytavo305 said:

Both teams look great so far, what if you made that alt. for Washington red instead of black. But wow, the city editions for both teams are sick, I really like what you've done for both teams so far. 

Thanks so much! Here's a red alternate, heavily inspired by the DC Defenders.

Next team should be up today, and feel free to request teams and give C&C

spacer.png

Excellent!

Those City Jerseys For Atlanta and Washington are 🔥 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Atlanta and Washington are amazing. It feels like the hawks should have had that all along and the wizards look like you have taken what they have now and just made it 5 times better. The cities are amazing. Great work. 

The t-wolves feel weird to me. The tree trim feels put of place on the home and away. The tree trim works a lot better on the third but the blue number doesn’t. Make it white and I think it will work better. The city is probably my favorite out of the bunch and the classic is solid. 

Good work!!

14 hours ago, rknig1010 said:

Atlanta and Washington are amazing. It feels like the hawks should have had that all along and the wizards look like you have taken what they have now and just made it 5 times better. The cities are amazing. Great work. 

The t-wolves feel weird to me. The tree trim feels put of place on the home and away. The tree trim works a lot better on the third but the blue number doesn’t. Make it white and I think it will work better. The city is probably my favorite out of the bunch and the classic is solid. 

Good work!!

Thank you so much! I did struggle with how to incorporate the tree trim, because I really wanted to include it. I’ll keep working on this one, but team #4 should be up latter today.

Excellent!

Team #4, the Miami Heat. After lots of thinking I decided to go all in on the vice color scheme because for one, it's unique, and secondly people seem to like it more. I made the alt a complete neon jersey, and the city jersey was made for the large Cuban population. Also I decided to include the Shaq/Wade throwback.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Excellent!

1 hour ago, Krz said:

Team #4, the Miami Heat. After lots of thinking I decided to go all in on the vice color scheme because for one, it's unique, and secondly people seem to like it more. I made the alt a complete neon jersey, and the city jersey was made for the large Cuban population. Also I decided to include the Shaq/Wade throwback.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Oh man, that neon one is the bomb!

N3d5IIl.png

Oh my dear lord that Miami Neon is pure flame. The Cuban one looks awesome too. Not totally sold on the home and away, not bad, but I tend to prefer the actual vice ones that they dropped, I think the smaller piping looks cleaner than what you got. It's not bad by any means, I think a start would be to remove the logo in between the stripes on the shorts. I love the idea for Minnesota, and I think the blue away set is honestly pretty perfect, but on the rest, the color balancing is kinda off. The home needs more black in my opinion. I love the series so far, definitely interested in what you have to offer for the rest of the league, I think a few tweaks to Miami and Minnesota would make it damn near perfect. Can't wait to see what you do with the magic, they have so many great sets over the years and so much potential but their current uniforms are super bland to me. 

3 hours ago, Krz said:

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

I think going with this color scheme was the way to go!! That neon one is amazing and the Cuba one is executed beautifully. 

Here’s the Magic @jaytavo305!

I wanted to return the team to pinstripes, but personally I’ve always had a hard time reading the retro font. I decided on a new font, with stars in the a’s. The city jersey is Disney inspired, and I chose to throw back to the TMac era jersey.
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Excellent!

Archived