Quarantine project: NBA Redesign

Krz

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next, the clippers. I tried to start new, with a cursive font but one that is different than the one used in the sterling era. The light blue jersey has the LAC flags, and the city jersey is inspired by the LA flag. Finally the throwback is to the 80s.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Excellent!

On 5/9/2020 at 2:50 PM, Krz said:

Here’s the Magic @jaytavo305!

I wanted to return the team to pinstripes, but personally I’ve always had a hard time reading the retro font. I decided on a new font, with stars in the a’s. The city jersey is Disney inspired, and I chose to throw back to the TMac era jersey.
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’m quite late on this, but anyway...

I don’t like the removal of silver, both from the logo and the uniforms. However, if it has to go on the main 3, it should be kept on the city alt for the name/number, and maybe something like the “pixie dust” trail over the castle.

I really like the wordmarks. The star being inside the A rather than replacing it entirely is a great touch, and modernizes the original script nicely.

The home is good. I’d be interested in what it would look like with blue numbers, but overall it’s a nice look.

I like that you brought back blue for the primary away, and I like the jersey overall, but I would recommend changing the numbers to white.

The alt is the weakest of the three. I think that all blue and white should be inverted, except for the pinstripes - white name, star, and “MAGIC” (I’d like to see it with Orlando on the front, but that doesn’t really matter), and blue numbers/trim.

All in all it’s pretty good. I’d still like to see silver somewhere, but the uniforms don’t need it to look nice.

ExJworW.png

4 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I’m quite late on this, but anyway...

I don’t like the removal of silver, both from the logo and the uniforms. However, if it has to go on the main 3, it should be kept on the city alt for the name/number, and maybe something like the “pixie dust” trail over the castle.

I really like the wordmarks. The star being inside the A rather than replacing it entirely is a great touch, and modernizes the original script nicely.

The home is good. I’d be interested in what it would look like with blue numbers, but overall it’s a nice look.

I like that you brought back blue for the primary away, and I like the jersey overall, but I would recommend changing the numbers to white.

The alt is the weakest of the three. I think that all blue and white should be inverted, except for the pinstripes - white name, star, and “MAGIC” (I’d like to see it with Orlando on the front, but that doesn’t really matter), and blue numbers/trim.

All in all it’s pretty good. I’d still like to see silver somewhere, but the uniforms don’t need it to look nice.

Thanks for your critiques! I’ll have an update up tomorrow. In the meantime I have the pacers. 

I chose to modernize the classic 80s uniforms. Also for the city jersey I chose a Indiana Flag/ Circle City themed jersey. Finally I chose the ABA throwbacks.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Excellent!

On 5/29/2020 at 2:45 PM, Krz said:

Next, the clippers. I tried to start new, with a cursive font but one that is different than the one used in the sterling era. The light blue jersey has the LAC flags, and the city jersey is inspired by the LA flag. Finally the throwback is to the 80s.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Make the team colors light blue and orange and you have a winner.

My next team is the Brooklyn Nets. I honestly struggled with this one because of their complicated history but ultimately settled on a somewhat black and white version of their 2000s jerseys. For the city jersey I did a pigeon themed jersey, and for the throwback I had to show some love to the Swamp Dragons.

Excellent!

The Nets look great, but is that a second swoosh in the Swamp Dragons uniform?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Only a few left, todays team is the pistons. I tried to make this a jersey someone would wear, and I took inspiration from the No Limit/Pelicans jersey released earlier this year, as well as the classic bad boys jerseys, and the retro lightning bolt Jerseys. I’m satisfied with it, but it might be a little too much. My city jersey is inspired by the spirit of Detroit jersey and the throwback is obviously the real horse jersey. Let me know what you think!

Excellent!

Next, the Cavs. I decided to modernize the early Lebron jerseys, with stripes on the sides. The city jersey is Lebron themed but would ideally be worn after his retirement. Finally the throwback is the early 80s stripe jersey. C&C is appreciated!

Excellent!

My last (current) team, the 76ers. Not many changes on the home and away except now the away says sizers. The alt has their playoff logo and the city is brotherly love themed. Finally the throwback is to the 70s. 

Excellent!

Forgive me if it's already been asked, but why are your fonts so fuzzy? Are you copy/pasting them from an existing image rather than typing them on?

XcryMwi.png

On 6/3/2020 at 1:11 PM, Krz said:

Next, the Cavs. I decided to modernize the early Lebron jerseys, with stripes on the sides. The city jersey is Lebron themed but would ideally be worn after his retirement. Finally the throwback is the early 80s stripe jersey. C&C is appreciated!

spacer.png

For the black uniform, put LeBron's logo in place of Nike. Also, on where the LeBron logo currently is, put some Cavs logo in there. Other than that, I like what I am seeing.

2 hours ago, HRC4 said:

Forgive me if it's already been asked, but why are your fonts so fuzzy? Are you copy/pasting them from an existing image rather than typing them on?

In some cases, yes because I couldn’t find the exact font that I want to use, so I took them from an image (particularly for numbers). However on the sizers uniforms this problem seems to be really bad across the board, maybe due to the quality or something went wrong when uploading. I’ll try to submit it again today sorry.

Excellent!

1 hour ago, PepMan33Conde said:

For the black uniform, put LeBron's logo in place of Nike. Also, on where the LeBron logo currently is, put some Cavs logo in there. Other than that, I like what I am seeing.

I tried this as well but decided against it because the Lebron logo didn’t seem to work where the Nike logo is. Also I didn’t want it to be too similar to their current alts, so I decided to put the Lebron logo on top of the numbers as if the numbers are wearing a crown.

Excellent!

Ok next, my final team, the SuperSonics. Their home and away are really modernizations of their classic 80s jerseys, but I decided to continue the flow of the stripe all along the jerseys rather than the previous double arch look. The city jersey is coffee/Starbucks themed. Finally, as this would be for the Sonics return, I decided to throwback to their inaugural uniforms. (Also a new logo is included at the bottom of the images).

Thank you everyone for giving feedback and paying attention. I know my work can sometimes lacks craftsmanship wise, which I am definitely working on. This was my first real concept posted here, and y’all really made me feel accepted.

Excellent!

Archived