NBA Uniform/Logo Concepts - The End

edjb93

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far, we have a tie. Both options A and C have three votes, while option B got none, and therefore, the icon uniform inspired by the image below is out of the equation. Keep the votes coming!

jan-2002-guard-jason-terry-of-the-atlant

On 5/30/2020 at 9:06 AM, edjb93 said:

T84egNr.png

That rocket logo looks familiar...

https://htownmark.wixsite.com/website/rockets

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

anyways, I'd go with A, but get rid of either make the stroke thicker or completely get rid of a color (preferably white). Right now, the inner stripe looks more like piping than it does a real outer stripe, which gives the entire look a dated feel. Plus, I think a red/gold/black look would be pretty cool, and would offer a lot of flexibility in terms of uniform designs. I think a non-white jersey would be interesting, and definitely possible to pull off with that color set.

ATLANTA HAWKS

After careful consideration of the replies, I have decided to go for option C, since it's more visually pleasing in my opinion. I took hints from the Calgary Flames, with red as the primary accent color for the association uniform, and black for the icon. I retained the triangular pattern the Hawks have been using since 2015, as well as the fonts used for the wordmark and the numbers. And like what I mentioned before, volt is now being replaced with gold, which is much better looking.

The statement uniform's overall design was taken from their uniforms during the mid to late 90's, as well as from @72freebie's extra bold 90's series version. During the design stages, I was comtemplating on whether to use a gradient or not. Eventually, I settled on solid black, since the overall design is already aggressive in its own. In place of the full-body hawk are hawk wings on the side panels, both on the jersey and the shorts.

Nostalgia is the name of the game for my city uniform concept, taking a page from the blue-and-green era. I initially went with a navy blue jersey, as a tribute to the era before the blue-and-green and the team's playoff stretch during the late 2000's and the majority of the 2010's. However, when I switched to white, it became much cleaner, so I went to it. If there was a mashup between the blue-and-green uniforms and the ones from the Dominique Wilkins era, you're looking at it. One interesting element in the overall look is the script at the front, which is a straightened version of the "ATLANTA" frame on the exterior of State Farm Arena. The vertical script on the shorts follows the same motif.

VuGiMxL.png

PRg9kxQ.png

XPEQFju.png

gFtgCMd.png

• 2 weeks later...

DALLAS MAVERICKS

It's not a coincidence, given that I posted my Hawks concept uniforms before this (Trae Young and Luka Doncic). The Mavs have one of the most modern logo sets in the NBA today, despite being used for less than 20 years. But when I saw a concept logo back then, I thought that this could be a basis once the team (or Mark Cuban, probably) decides to revamp their overall look. I took the stylized "M" from the aforementioned logo, but since many people are clamoring for the cowboy hat "M", this new "M" wears one, and like the inaugural logo of the franchise, this one is behind a basketball. I love the double-blue color scheme of the team, thus, I retained this color scheme. I also made two additional alternate logos, one is the new "M" behind a star, and the other one is Dallas' triple-D logo, but with the star, instead of leaves, as the additional accent. If SMU did it before, why don't the Mavs?

bzVsHLZ.png

The overall design for the association and icon uniforms is inspired from the bottom of the new "M" and the lines found on the wordmark above. I chose navy over royal blue as the icon uniform color, because it looks better, plus, navy blue wordmarks on a royal blue background tend to be unreadable from afar, and it's also an homage to the early years of the double blue era in which Dirk Nowitzki earned a name for himself. Ever wonder why the jersey scripts are italicized? They're inspired by the wordmarks found on the courts the team used during their stay at Reunion Arena.

I went with a fauxback when it comes to my statement uniform concept, which is a simple royal blue uniform patterned after the blue-and-green era jerseys but with a v-neck. Since the font used all throughout won't fit (I tried it, but it came out either really small or just indescribable, you can refer to the Warriors' Copperplate font fiasco), I decided to go for a western-themed font. To be specific, I used the NOB font of Texas Rangers.

The "Diddy uniforms" have been considered fan-favorites, with the original green version being the most popular. This specific version became the foundation for my city uniform concept. There are several differences between mine and the original uniform. First, I reduced the color palette to just navy blue, green, and white, with a touch of silver as an accent. The shades of navy blue and green that I used came from the ones used during the blue-and-green era. Second, I used "Dallas" instead of "Mavs" to highlight the "city" aspect of the uniform. Third, though the overall design is different, it follows the same motif as the originals. Finally, the triple-D logo makes its way onto the shorts, for the same reason as the second.

xOgPvBj.png

GSRHVwe.png

f1NEIa8.png

WBrIrKU.png

8 hours ago, Krz said:

I like these, especially the statement. But I think the majority of fans won’t be happy unless green is back full time.

I might consider putting up a blue-and-green version of what I have created.

Not feeling the M in the Mavericks logo...just seems similar to the Bucks' M logo, but beveled (and I'm not the biggest fan of beveling). The D-Star logo is cool, and would even be a cool alternate for the Cowboys with a couple alterations. 

The Hawks unis are excellent, and the black jersey is a great alternate. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 6/12/2020 at 11:02 PM, edjb93 said:

ATLANTA HAWKS

After careful consideration of the replies, I have decided to go for option C, since it's more visually pleasing in my opinion. I took hints from the Calgary Flames, with red as the primary accent color for the association uniform, and black for the icon. I retained the triangular pattern the Hawks have been using since 2015, as well as the fonts used for the wordmark and the numbers. And like what I mentioned before, volt is now being replaced with gold, which is much better looking.

The statement uniform's overall design was taken from their uniforms during the mid to late 90's, as well as from @72freebie's extra bold 90's series version. During the design stages, I was comtemplating on whether to use a gradient or not. Eventually, I settled on solid black, since the overall design is already aggressive in its own. In place of the full-body hawk are hawk wings on the side panels, both on the jersey and the shorts.

Nostalgia is the name of the game for my city uniform concept, taking a page from the blue-and-green era. I initially went with a navy blue jersey, as a tribute to the era before the blue-and-green and the team's playoff stretch during the late 2000's and the majority of the 2010's. However, when I switched to white, it became much cleaner, so I went to it. If there was a mashup between the blue-and-green uniforms and the ones from the Dominique Wilkins era, you're looking at it. One interesting element in the overall look is the script at the front, which is a straightened version of the "ATLANTA" frame on the exterior of State Farm Arena. The vertical script on the shorts follows the same motif.

VuGiMxL.png

PRg9kxQ.png

XPEQFju.png

These are great! Only thing I would change, is outline the wordmark and number font in black on the red jersey, and reverse the wings on the black alternate jersey.

Like what I've mentioned before, I prefer the double-blue scheme, but to somehow satisfy fans of the old colors, I present to you my take on a blue-and-green Dallas Mavericks. Yes, I didn't take away the silver, but it's now limited only to the logos. Blue is still the main color.

vr6obeN.png

I initially thought of the front script and the numbers (association and icon) having the same outline style, but I went with green numbers instead, for uniqueness from the script. The statement uniform is a fitting tribute to the old green uniforms, while the city uniform was inspired by the second iteration of the Diddy uniforms, which features the double-blue scheme. One not-so-obvious fact: the silver I used for the city uniform is the same shade used by the Cowboys for their mismatched primary light uniform.

32hcBLO.png

nKFDPHL.png

dZZTzeW.png

BWvjYL7.png

Archived