NBA Uniform/Logo Concepts - The End

edjb93

43 minutes ago, QCS said:

I love it! The colorful pinstripes look great and I love the City jersey! My only nitpick (and this is more of a personal preference anyway) is the logo on the shorts, I've personally never liked it but it works well here. I really wish I had more to say, but these are so well-designed I really can't!

(As a quick aside, it's not just me who says that CLT is the abbreviation of Charlotte, the city government does as well. The Twitter handle of the city is @CLTGov and the mayor is @CLTMayor.)

Thanks for pointing that out. I first knew from you that locals prefer 'CLT' more than 'CHA'. I definitely think it's high time for 'CLT' to be used more in sports, aside from UNC Charlotte 49ers.

Also, during the initial stages of the city uniform design, I thought of the firesuits worn by NASCAR on-track officials, but I retracted from that, since their firesuits are mostly white-and-black, plus the current Cup Series logo is also white-and-black.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/12/2020 at 11:07 PM, Ukyo said:

I have a suggestion about Atlanta Hawks: I prefer the classic jersey from 80's. You could update the jersey from 80's and turning it a "Classic Edition" or so Statement Edition. Or maybe even a Icon, Association?

@Ukyo, your wish is my command. The association and icon editions are a mashup of two different eras: the Dominique Wilkins era and the throwback era beginning 2021. The overall design is a modified version of the 80's uniforms, while the numbers, script, and logo are inspired by the 2021 uniforms. To add more throwback flavor, I added a vertical script running down on one side of the shorts, while the other side features the current Pac-Hawk logo.

For the statement, I took the design from my first Hawks concept and made it reminiscent of the team's 2004-2007 alternate jersey, with the fonts retaining the throwback flavor and having the drop shadow removed.

I went for a different spin in my city uniform, where I took the triangular pattern from the red-and-volt era and making it fade from black to anthracite, as a tribute to the gradient road uniform from the 90's. Like my previous rendition, the supporting colors are taken from the 70's. The front script is an abbreviated version of the one I previously made, which, in case y'all have forgotten, was taken from the front steel columns of State Farm Arena. As for the side panel design, it was taken from the 2021 uniforms.

d6je0bA.png

iPGdCi8.png

cnKPVo4.png

wWhy8y6.png

21 hours ago, Will94 said:

can I request:

Seattle Supersonics

Buffalo Braves

Thanks for giving me the hint of what I'm about to do. 🙂

One is for future consideration, while the other is intentional. Guys, I'll let you guess which is which.

17 hours ago, edjb93 said:

One is for future consideration, while the other is intentional. Guys, I'll let you guess which is which.

No doubt in  my mind you're making a Super Sonics concept, also these have looked really great, well done!!

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

22 hours ago, edjb93 said:

22 hours ago, edjb93 said:

Thank you 3x times man i knew. I had to ask you. Keep doing your thing!

spacer.png

On 10/4/2020 at 11:46 AM, edjb93 said:

@Ukyo, your wish is my command. The association and icon editions are a mashup of two different eras: the Dominique Wilkins era and the throwback era beginning 2021. The overall design is a modified version of the 80's uniforms, while the numbers, script, and logo are inspired by the 2021 uniforms. To add more throwback flavor, I added a vertical script running down on one side of the shorts, while the other side features the current Pac-Hawk logo.

For the statement, I took the design from my first Hawks concept and made it reminiscent of the team's 2004-2007 alternate jersey, with the fonts retaining the throwback flavor and having the drop shadow removed.

I went for a different spin in my city uniform, where I took the triangular pattern from the red-and-volt era and making it fade from black to anthracite, as a tribute to the gradient road uniform from the 90's. Like my previous rendition, the supporting colors are taken from the 70's. The front script is an abbreviated version of the one I previously made, which, in case y'all have forgotten, was taken from the front steel columns of State Farm Arena. As for the side panel design, it was taken from the 2021 uniforms.

d6je0bA.png

iPGdCi8.png

cnKPVo4.png

wWhy8y6.png

woah, that's nice!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I'm bumping this thread to let everyone know that it's still alive.

For the past weeks, I have been overly preoccupied (primarily due to work), but the next team I'm conceptualizing is almost finished. That team is the Detroit Pistons. I'll give you a hint on what would my Pistons concept would look like: the return of the "horsepower".

Stay tuned!

DETROIT PISTONS

The horse is back! I'll be very honest, among all the Pistons' logos, I love the one with the horse, which was introduced in the 90's, where out-of-the-box logos in the major leagues took over, plus I'm a 90's kid so, yeah. But the blue-and-red variety of it won a championship, and so, I brought it back with some clean-ups, especially with the horse. The DP monogram is also back, but I did not bring back the horse-ball logo without the wordmark. Taking its place is the famous two words in the team's home game intros, in the style of the current logo.

uhneGdg.png

For starters, the association and icon uniforms are just the conventional ones (originally inspired by the Bad Boys era duds), but I modified the collar a bit. The traditional positioning of colors on the association uniform side panels is back as well (red on the front, blue on the back). The big change can be found on the icon uniform where, for the first time since 2001, white wordmark and numbers adorn the usual dark-colored uniform. If you look closely, the side panels feature a sublimated pattern that resembles tire treads. It might be ironic to use another part of an automobile instead of the team nickname, but come on, both pistons and tires are equally important car parts. The statement uniform also takes the similar design as the two previously mentioned uniform editions, but I went with the horse wordmark to highlight the "statement" label.

The city uniform is heavily inspired by the 90's era look. Teal, black, red, and a pinch of yellow...they're all there. For years, "Motor City" has been adorning this uniform edition, but for my concept, I went against the flow and resorted to another nickname of Detroit, "Motown". Given how colorful some albums from Motown Records during the 60's and 70's were, I think it's a good idea to have teal as the base uniform color. Plus, that cursive Motown script gives off a Motor City vibe even without the actual use of the name on any part of the uniform. I also added a modified version of the DP monogram, aside from the recolored Detroit Basketball logo, to jive with the rest of the uniform.

BQT26xR.png

WQ3RMYv.png

feATZVp.png

OGbe3zD.png

On 10/10/2020 at 1:26 AM, Ukyo said:

Also is possible to have Indiana like 85~98? And Phoenix Suns with legendary jersey of 2000... (Steve Nash era) 

Thanks for giving me a hint on which team I should do next! 🙂

PHOENIX SUNS

If I'm gonna have a Phoenix Suns logo era bias, it's the one from the 90's, when we were introduced to the streaking sun. Its corresponding uniformsGlorious. But I know that as times change, so do design perspectives. And while the current logo goes through the simple route, the lack of purple might be its Achilles' heel. Meanwhile, the logo preceding it is just too much to handle. With all that being said, I picked the 2000's era logo, removed all the clutter⁠—shadows, grey container, 3D-esque design⁠—and made it similar to the 90's logo. I also retained the firebird logo, but this time, it's a mashup between the old and the new, with the font matching the one on the primary.

MDBjE7L.png

The association, icon, and statement uniforms are basically modified versions of the uniforms from the 90's. The streaking sun on the jersey is now a sublimated design element, while the design which was used to be on one side of the shorts is now on both sides, with the wordmark still positioned like the original, and sublimated streaks being added as well.

With "The Valley" uniform leaking, I thought it would make a great moniker not just only for Phoenix but probably for the entire state of Arizona. While the leaked design is over-the-top, I thought that there could be wackier (in a good way) than that. Initially, I agonized on which color should be the base for the statement uniform and which should be for the city edition. Eventually, I thought of the state flag (a frequent motif for Arizona-based team uniform concepts, including my Cardinals concept) which can be properly represented in a lighter color, thus, I made the statement uniform black and the city uniform orange. What better way to support the sun rays of the state flag than a desert landscape! Below the desert is a convergence of colors representing the sunset (also applied to the shorts' side panels). The retro font used for the script and the numbers is taken from the team's first logo. Finally, the garter "buckle" features the establishment year of the Suns. I gotta say, this has to be the craziest city uniform design I have ever done.

sFYDMcU.png

HEgxMLj.png

0oAmzYc.png

4e72T2S.png

Archived