NBA Uniform/Logo Concepts - The End

edjb93

very nice, I really enjoy just the clean white one the best. I love the phantom side panels and the focus on the all navy elements, it allows those stripes to really pop. I think the white and navy piping just looks super classy. Overall well done 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEW ORLEANS PELICANS

Before creating this concept set, I went to my routine of looking for inspirations. Most of the concepts feature the wrought iron decorations found in the French Quarter. I went with a simple version of that, so as not to over-decorate the regular uniform editions (association and icon). For the icon uniform, I went with a red side panel instead of gold, to follow the pattern on the association uniform and to introduce more colors while eliciting simplicity. The statement uniform is a modified version of the current uniforms. Basically, I extended the side panel design to the ends of the jersey and the shorts, and I added a fleur-de-lis pattern on the navy portion of it.

I initially thought of a Saints-inspired city uniform, but the first three editions already have a plenty amount of gold, and I think it would be an overkill to extend it to the city edition. So, I went with the sleeve striping pattern of the Saints from the 70's to the early 80's (the ones with the gap between the black/white and gold), but incorporating a Mardi Gras color palette. The side panel design is also a subtle tribute to the city's ABA team, the Buccaneers. As far as I can remember, the Pelicans rarely use their Crescent City Basketball logo, and thus, I made it the star of the show at the front, with a minor change: I replaced the ball with a simple circle, so that the player's number can be placed there. Adding to the wackiness of my city uniform is the half-purple-half-green treatment, inspired by the final Mardi Gras uniforms of the team when they were still known as the Hornets.

RYVewqJ.png

DTx9nyS.png

fVXa9c9.png

wCAjAqD.png

That's a wrap. The Pelicans are the final team I've conceptualized in this topic, although I'm open to revise some of my concepts.

I would like to revise my Blazers concept, since I'm not fully satisfied with it. There were also some requests that were left out because I would like to finish all teams, but I think I could do them in the coming days. If there are other concepts in this topic that you would like me to revise, comment down below.

Thank you very much for your support in this topic. I truly appreciate 'em. 🙏

Can you try to photoshop some of the jerseys on the players? And can some People Bootleg this and make money off of this?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

11 hours ago, Blindsay said:

Can you try to photoshop some of the jerseys on the players? And can some People Bootleg this and make money off of this?

That's a skill I'd probably like to have, but it really needs A LOT of Photoshop proficiency. As for bootlegging, I'm not sure about it, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 11:28 AM, edjb93 said:

I would like to revise my Blazers concept, since I'm not fully satisfied with it.

Yep, I'm doing exactly what I wished.

First, I decided to make the outlined pinwheel logo the primary instead of the one without the outline, since the previous sorta lacked color balance.

DKBEJHa.png

The association and icon uniforms remain the same, but the significant changes are made on the statement and city uniforms. The sash has been the Trail Blazers' signature element for a long time, but I have never seen any uniform where a wordmark is placed on the sash. Not anymore. I put the retro Blazers script on the sash for a change of pace, while the sash and the striping on the shorts feature 10 sublimated lines as a tribute to the pinwheel logo. The city uniform also receives the sash treatment, but this time, it's in the colors and pattern of the flag of Portland, Oregon. 'PDX' finally makes its debut on a Trail Blazer uniform, and it's in a retro font. I'm not sure if the flag colors can be brought to life, since the palette contains green and gold (a nod to the Sonics, the team's rivals in the Pacific Northwest).

4Aj6vt1.png

zavd6IK.png

P1NJz80.png

T9VzfNa.png

I think I'm satisfied with my revision, let me know what you think! 😉

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I can't believe that my last concept post was from a month ago as of the day I was writing this. Anyway, I'm closing this topic, and I'm no longer pursuing for a 32-team NBA. I truly appreciate all your comments and suggestions.

I'm actually thinking about making WNBA uniform concepts, especially now that each team have unique looks, something that wasn't done from the beginning of the league.

Once again, thank you so much for following this topic, and you can look forward to my next concepts! 😉

3 hours ago, edjb93 said:

Wow, I can't believe that my last concept post was from a month ago as of the day I was writing this. Anyway, I'm closing this topic, and I'm no longer pursuing for a 32-team NBA. I truly appreciate all your comments and suggestions.

I'm actually thinking about making WNBA uniform concepts, especially now that each team have unique looks, something that wasn't done from the beginning of the league.

Once again, thank you so much for following this topic, and you can look forward to my next concepts! 😉

I would love to see your take on the WNBA

spacer.png

13 hours ago, edjb93 said:

Congrats about finishing these concepts! You managed very well and there are best concepts i've see. 

Also about WNBA is really very good idea, if you want to, of course! I would love to see Chicago Sky with your concept design. 

On 4/10/2021 at 4:47 AM, Blindsay said:

Also can someone PLEASE put these uniforms in 2K??

For those who can put my uniform concepts in NBA 2K or NBA Live, I'm giving 'em my permission.

Archived