NBA Uniform/Logo Concepts - The End

edjb93

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lakes jersey has an interesting feel too it. I get the inspiration is from the logo fro Bde Maka Ska, but it doesn't really feel like the Twin Cities or Minneapolis. I definitely understand the Native American design, but the jersey itself has an almost southwest design to it, rather than a Midwestern... The colors aren't great either, and really don't mean much to Minnesota. I would use more of a sky blue and more forest green. Almost similar to the KG era colors, with a little lighter blue.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

The Lakes jersey has an interesting feel too it. I get the inspiration is from the logo fro Bde Maka Ska, but it doesn't really feel like the Twin Cities or Minneapolis. I definitely understand the Native American design, but the jersey itself has an almost southwest design to it, rather than a Midwestern... The colors aren't great either, and really don't mean much to Minnesota. I would use more of a sky blue and more forest green. Almost similar to the KG era colors, with a little lighter blue.

Hi, thanks for giving your honest opinion on this matter. Like I said in the post, I really had a hard time on what should be the primary design for my T-Wolves city uniform concept. Plus, I really have a small knowledge on city/state history and culture. I just come up from what I truly know so far.

I also thought of translating a throwback Minnesota Twins uniform into a basketball jersey, probably going with the sky blue roads. This route could be similar to my Nets statement concept.

The time has come.

Since I'll be posting my Seattle SuperSonics concept after this, I have finally unveiled the conference realignment. Here are some points:

• Each conference reverts from three to two divisions each:
    • Eastern Conference: The Southeast Division has been removed (its current teams are distributed to the remaining two divisions), while the Atlantic and Central Divisions remain.
    • Western Conference: The Midwest Division returns (comprising of majority of teams from the Northwest and Southwest Divisions), while the Pacific Division is still here to stay.
  • Distribution of teams per division:
    • Atlantic: Five teams from the real-life version remain, three teams from the Southwest Division (Miami, Orlando, and Washington) return.
    • Central: Current lineup remains intact, Atlanta and Charlotte are back, Memphis joins the Eastern Conference and will be placed in this division due to geographic location (has closest proximity to both Atlanta and Charlotte).
    • Midwest: Four remaining teams from the Southwest Division and four geographically-innermost teams from the Northwest Division (basically all teams except Portland) comprise this division.
    • Pacific: The all-California team lineup and Phoenix remain, Portland returns, Seattle is also brought back via expansion.

Please proceed to the very first page to see the realignment.

SEATTLE SUPERSONICS

Ladies and gentlemen, the Seattle SuperSonics are back...at least in this concept world of mine. It's very obvious in my profile that I absolutely love the 1995-2001 logo, so it's no surprise that I made a logo set based from that. I would love to bring back red here, but I understand the opinion of the majority that the Sonics are a green-and-yellow team, thus the simplified colors here. I made some changes to the Space Needle to simplify things a bit, and I also brought back the orbit-S logo. Something that is new here is the Seattle skyline logo, which is an homage to a long-time fan-favorite logo from the mid-70's up to the mid-90's.

KCEjGW0.png

The association and icon uniforms utilize the modified version of the primary logo as the front wordmark, since I want to capture the design I liked so much from the 90's. The side panels from these uniforms contain a sublimated pattern to form the Space Needle, much like what I did to my Golden State Warriors association and icon uniforms (used the Bay Bridge's eastern span tower).

Meanwhile, the statement uniform design is taken from the arch that dominated the design from the mid-80's up to the mid-90's and again from 2001 up to 2008. I have seen so many concepts utilizing the arch as the primary design element, so I went with the bandwagon to jive in.

The city uniform is a mish-mash of several things that define Seattle. First, the uniform base (especially the darker shade of green) is based from the 90's uniforms with the side panel on only one side. Second, the "Emerald City" wordmark (as well as the front and back numbers) is taken from the "Public Market Center" signage at Pike Place Market (sort of). Third, the aqua color and the waves on the side panel are taken from the city flag. Finally, the neon green is added as an accent color that pays tribute to the Seahawks and the Sounders. Originally, I planned that the city uniform should be navy blue, to jive with the rest of the major sports teams in the city (MLB's Mariners and NHL's Kraken), but I thought that it could defeat the purpose of the nickname on the front, so I went with the darker green.

q2v04er.png

16LqGzD.png

RzpeoRU.png

kBbljdq.png

Love it, can't go wrong with green and yellow. The sonics have one of the best brands in basketball history in my opinion, they've always had clean uniforms, and this continuation is no different. Logos really pop with the simpler color scheme. I'm also a huge fan of that city jersey, beautiful homage to the great city of Seattle without being too over the top. Very nice job

PHILADELPHIA 76ERS

For me, the current look of the Sixers are already perfect. So much so, I only made few tweaks. Remember the time when the Sixers had a red uniform that had a different ending on the shorts compared to the blue and white ones? I applied that different ending to all three uniforms (association, icon, statement). The garter for these three uniforms receive a striping similar to the sleeve and collar trim as well. As a tribute to the jerseys from the 80's, the front wordmark and numbers gain outlines. I also retained the number of stars like what they have now (7 on one side, 6 on the other), although you can only see one side.

I've also noticed that the "76ers" wordmark from the logo has never been utilized on a jersey. Not anymore. That wordmark becomes front and center on my red statement uniform. Similar to the current ones, blue is the primary accent color, and the front number is placed at the top of the wordmark for space balance.

Onto the city uniforms. If the team is going to go for a black uniform, they should go full Allen Iverson mode or shouldn't at all. Though the new city uniforms are good and has the seal of approval from The Answer himself, they're not as good as the original. And so, I made the city uniforms exactly like the original, but made some few mods to pass as a "new" uniform. I added side striping on the shorts, as well as the aforementioned number of stars beside the striping. Since this is a city uniform, it's an unwritten rule to have the city name on the front. With that, I went with the "Phila" script from the forgotten red alternate uniform during the final two seasons of the black-and-red era, albeit the star becomes gold instead of silver.

tl8gLLA.png

KiBBMVD.png

tMjtv9i.png

eaOnjMp.png

I like it except for the red jersey, I think that wordmark on the jersey, especially with that number up top, looks way too clunky. I'd keep it consistent and go with the Arched Sixers, or if anything, maybe utilize the current script word mark they use on the red, I think that looks solid

22 hours ago, jaytavo305 said:

I like it except for the red jersey, I think that wordmark on the jersey, especially with that number up top, looks way too clunky. I'd keep it consistent and go with the Arched Sixers, or if anything, maybe utilize the current script word mark they use on the red, I think that looks solid

Since you mentioned the red jersey, I admit that the output is not the one I expected. With that, here's a quick turnaround. I went with the full city name this time and used a cursive font. I know the script is a tad small, but that's how the 2019-20 city jersey looked like.

4zGD37x.png

ORLANDO MAGIC

As one song would say, it's the most wonderful time of the year! And it's just fitting that I'm going to post a concept set for the Magic, which, in full honesty, lost the magical element in the uniforms: the cartoonish script logo with the star(s) on it. Essentially, I'm bringing back this logo used from 2000-01 to 2009-10 as the primary, since it has more character than the current one. I can't believe that the present logo has already become one decade old. Anyway, onto the uniforms...

When I first saw the leaked 2020-21 earned uniform, I thought to myself, "replace the logo with a wordmark on the jersey and vice-versa on the shorts, slather some pinstripes on it, make a blue version of it, and we got a winner." That's exactly what I did. The star field pattern on the side panels are retained, and I added sublimated pinstripes on both association and icon uniforms. The biggest upgrade that I made is the front jersey script on each of the first two editions, in which I patterned from the early 2000's uniforms. While the "Magic" wordmark already has something that I can recreate, the "Orlando" script took more effort since the italicized version is the only one available. Not bad, eh?

I initially thought of having a black version of the earned uniform as my statement uniform, but I'm really sure that the fans miss the giant star on the shorts. Nevertheless, I also like to capture the elements from the early 2000's uniforms, as well as the space flavor from the 2018-19 city uniform and the current icon uniform. Voila, my statement uniform for the Magic is the result of this mashup.

Thinking about the city uniform, I searched upon other concepts revolving around the same theme as the 2019-20 and 2020-21 city uniforms: Florida's orange-growing industry. I admit that it was hard to think about a concept without copying others. And so, I went with a different inspiration: orange juice branding. Usually, it contains green as an accent color to orange, while white is mostly used by orange juice companies as the base color. However, I would like to stray away from white as the base, since it's already used by the 2020-21 city uniform. I wanted orange to be front and center, but I have no idea on what to put on as the additional decor. Thanks to the orange juice branding, the side panels feature a green banner with curved white ends, and I also slathered some pinstripes on the uniform base as well. Finally, I went with "Orange County" as the front wordmark to represent Orlando's entire county (no other town should be left behind), with the "O" having leaves to evoke the fruit itself.

DY7jJMD.png

VXOmFD4.png

watA1fh.png

a7mDKxl.png

5 hours ago, sportsfan7 said:

I know its been awhile, but I think you should put the Wolves in the Central instead of the Grizzlies. The Grizzlies are already near NOLA, Houston, Dallas, OKC, and San Antonio, while the Wolves are on an island out West.

Now that you said that, I looked upon the current map of NBA teams, and you're right. Minnesota is WAYYYYY far from the other Midwest teams. 😆 I'm probably going for another realignment. Thanks for pointing that out! 🙂

Love the magic. They've always been a cool team to me, with a lot of great uniforms and branding to draw from, but their current uniforms are incredibly bland, especially now that they wear the black full time. I've always loved the Tracy McGrady era uniforms, and these are a dope refresh of those. Love that statement jersey as well, everything looks super nice here. 

UTAH JAZZ

Well, this is my first concept set for 2021, and if I'm gonna be honest, I think the Jazz already nailed the uniform game (except for the statement uniform). Therefore, I retained the majority of the current design, while I made tweaks on all the clothing trims (collar, sleeves, hem on the shorts, and garter). The number font that I used is not the exact one the team currently uses, but it's quite similar.

As mentioned earlier, the statement uniform isn't that good in my opinion. And so, my take on the statement edition features major changes. While the manner of cutting the striping on the side panels remain the same as the association and icon's, its overall design is different. This was taken from the four-colored striping found on the 90's uniforms. Personally, I absolutely love the mountain range logo era, so I brought back the wordmark from that era and put that on my statement uniform. Don't worry, this will be the only holdover from the 90's, as the rest of the uniform remain in the same current theme.

Finally, who doesn't love the Jazz's city uniforms? Whether it's the original version or the "dark mode" one, I am a fan of those uniforms. With that being said, I modified the "dark mode" city uniforms by having the gradient on both sides of the shorts, since the actual one is asymmetrical, and extending the gradient to the back. While my original plan is to retain the front jersey wordmark, one thought instantly came to me. What if instead of "Utah", why not feature the actual inspiration of the city uniforms front and center? I'm talking about the Delicate Arch. This geological wonder is already featured on the Jazz's city uniforms, but I made it the primary accent to the gradient on the tops, to evoke the sun "touching the arch". Meanwhile, the state map basketball logo on the shorts also follow the silhouette motif.

AV03VcY.png

C7y6etA.png

8uZRqpX.png

wTfZDkO.png

I've always been indifferent on the Jazz gradient uniforms. I don't like teams going out of their color scheme but the uniform could've been worse and I'm glad it wasn't a one and done uniform. But I'm not as much of a fan of the black, I think it's much more bland. Maybe make it a dark red to make it more unique, I think the same affect will be had too. 

As for the rest or the set, I've been in love with the Jazz uniforms since their most recent redesign, so I'm a big fan of this as well. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived