NBA Uniform/Logo Concepts - The End

edjb93

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's kinda disheartening that the recolored logos got the more love than what I originally had. After all, that's what the majority said, and I gotta respect that. Anyway, here's my version with the modified colors. I changed the "sunset" color to a standard orange, but it's much brighter than the recolored version above. The rest are taken from the current color palette, while the additional royal blue is just an accent to the clouds.

hFaX6ie.png

The association and icon uniforms are centered on navy, orange, and white. I initially tried inserting strong blue to the uniforms, but the results did not turn out well. Thus, I relegated that color to the statement uniform. After all, navy and orange worked out pretty well back then, though it was too simplistic and uninspired. Not to mention, NBA has never had a full-time navy-and-orange team before.

FXnCpnV.png

crd2rml.png

WZ6tMgU.png

On 8/22/2020 at 11:45 AM, edjb93 said:

Well, it's kinda disheartening that the recolored logos got the more love than what I originally had. After all, that's what the majority said, and I gotta respect that. Anyway, here's my version with the modified colors. I changed the "sunset" color to a standard orange, but it's much brighter than the recolored version above. The rest are taken from the current color palette, while the additional royal blue is just an accent to the clouds.

hFaX6ie.png

The association and icon uniforms are centered on navy, orange, and white. I initially tried inserting strong blue to the uniforms, but the results did not turn out well. Thus, I relegated that color to the statement uniform. After all, navy and orange worked out pretty well back then, though it was too simplistic and uninspired. Not to mention, NBA has never had a full-time navy-and-orange team before.

FXnCpnV.png

crd2rml.png

WZ6tMgU.png

I didn't liked the "Thunder" white, i prefer orange and in Association Jersey, would be perfect if the Thunder would be white with contorn White. Like Oklahoma City Thunder wordmark?

18 hours ago, Ukyo said:

I didn't liked the "Thunder" white, i prefer orange and in Association Jersey, would be perfect if the Thunder would be white with contorn White. Like Oklahoma City Thunder wordmark?

Um, may I know what's "contorn white"? The reason I went with a white wordmark for the primary logo is because, honestly, my eyes could not handle the orange wordmark, especially that specific shade of orange. It really needs something that would make a better contrast and won't kill the viewer's cornea. I respect your opinion of liking the first recolored version, but I won't change my recolored version, because I'm already satisfied with it.

By the way, I haven't started your request for a new Clippers uniform and a different Hawks set. In my opinion, the Clippers should stay as a red-and-blue team, if not powder-blue-and-orange. I can use black, but this color should remain as either an accent or an alternate (preferably in the city uniform). As for the Hawks, they got a really good uniform set starting next season, so I'm gonna make my own flavor, probably taking some elements from my city uniform concept.

After these, the next team will be the Charlotte Hornets. The team has teased a pinstripe return recently, so it's a great time to conceptualize what would the Hornets wear next season. Plus, I've been wishing for a NASCAR-inspired city jersey, given that I became a fan of the sport last year. To all racing fans out there, do you prefer an overall NASCAR look or something inspired from a specific NASCAR driver?

As always, stay tuned!

11 hours ago, edjb93 said:

After these, the next team will be the Charlotte Hornets. The team has teased a pinstripe return recently, so it's a great time to conceptualize what would the Hornets wear next season. Plus, I've been wishing for a NASCAR-inspired city jersey, given that I became a fan of the sport last year. To all racing fans out there, do you prefer an overall NASCAR look or something inspired from a specific NASCAR driver?

I've been really enjoying these concepts! I agree with you on the Thunder wordmark, having that in orange would be murder. As for the Hornets City jersey, something related to NASCAR itself would be better than a specific driver, given that the sport itself is essentially based here and not too many drivers are actually from Charlotte. If you were to do a driver-related one, something inspired by Dale Earnhardt, Sr. or Richard Petty would be the way to go, both are relative locals and are well-known.

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 6/29/2020 at 11:23 PM, edjb93 said:

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS

In my opinion, the current primary logo is a downgrade, although the current logo set still follows the motif used since 2003. As you can see on my profile, I'm a big fan of the LeBron James era logo, and for my Cavs concept, I drew inspirations from that particular logo, while signifying a "changing of the guard" throughout the team's rebuilding stages. In fact, this was the very first logo that I conceptualized few years ago. The two crossed swords were taken from the center court logo during the first post-LeBron years.

lKw36m1.png

I initially made the association, icon, and statement uniforms follow the theme of the 2019-20 city uniform, but eventually, I thought that it might not have enough color distribution on the first two uniform editions. So, I decided to follow the design of the current uniforms and make some modifications, like the sublimated pattern on the side panels, which was taken from the current statement uniform. You may not see it from afar (especially with the wine-colored ones), but the numbers on the first three uniforms are beveled. Based from @_DietDrPepper_'s suggestion, the numbers are no longer beveled, and the font I selected for numbers that is close to the wordmark font is the one used by the Wisconsin Badgers. The statement edition is just basically the 2019-20 city uniform, but with the new logos, wordmark, and numbers, not to mention a new collar design.

Remember the CavFanatic jerseys? Those jerseys are mashups of different eras, and for my city uniform, I decided to go for a CavFanatic route. During the first post-LeBron season, the Cavs wore the 2005-2010 navy alternates in 90's colors. Those navy alternates are a fan-favorite, so I couldn't hesitate to make 'em the basis of my city uniform concept. Stating the obvious, the front script is taken from the inaugural uniforms, but it spells "Cleveland" instead, to highlight the "city" aspect.

g9pLJu2.png

8K25FEa.png

ZmTVued.png

s3j9Kza.png

Nice job but on the first and second jerseys I would edit the font on the front.

2 hours ago, QCS said:

If you were to do a driver-related one, something inspired by Dale Earnhardt, Sr. or Richard Petty would be the way to go, both are relative locals and are well-known.

A.K.A. Jimmie Johnson's 2020 Southern 500 paint scheme. 😎

On 8/26/2020 at 11:23 PM, edjb93 said:

Um, may I know what's "contorn white"? The reason I went with a white wordmark for the primary logo is because, honestly, my eyes could not handle the orange wordmark, especially that specific shade of orange. It really needs something that would make a better contrast and won't kill the viewer's cornea. I respect your opinion of liking the first recolored version, but I won't change my recolored version, because I'm already satisfied with it.

By the way, I haven't started your request for a new Clippers uniform and a different Hawks set. In my opinion, the Clippers should stay as a red-and-blue team, if not powder-blue-and-orange. I can use black, but this color should remain as either an accent or an alternate (preferably in the city uniform). As for the Hawks, they got a really good uniform set starting next season, so I'm gonna make my own flavor, probably taking some elements from my city uniform concept.

As always, stay tuned!

Oh, understood what you said about Clippers. And true about the OKC logo... Seeing your answer about this, now i can agree about your recolored version. Your recolored version is cool! 

About Charlotte Hornets, did you saw the spoiler about 2020-2021? I think it would be perfect for City Edition or even a Classic Edition. 

And yeah, Hawks have a better jersey for this new season. I think your jerseys concepts will be really good!

• 5 weeks later...

CHARLOTTE HORNETS

After quite a hectic time due to work and other commitments, I'm back! And yes, during that time, the Hornets released their new association and icon uniforms. I'm glad that the pinstripes are back, but the guys from the team and Nike missed a great opportunity to incorporate more purple accents, so the new unis are a swing-and-a-miss for me.

For my concept, I incorporated more purple, and the outcome resembles the team's set from 1997-98 up to 2001-02. I extended the pinstripes to the shorts, even if it's somehow a mismatch due to spacing, and the pinstripes, besides paying tribute to the 1997-2002 double pinstripes, are also an homage to the alternating pinstripe colors from the final uniforms of New Orleans Hornets. The association, icon, and statement uniforms all follow the same design, just the way it should be.

Like I said on my previous replies, my take on the city uniform pays tribute to Charlotte's history with NASCAR. I had two design inspiration choices then: NASCAR's logo and that of Speedway Motorsports (owner and operator of Charlotte Motor Speedway). Eventually, I ended up going with NASCAR's logo to represent the whole sport, with the yellow, red, and blue stripes adorning the jersey and the shorts. The front jersey number is enclosed in a black circle, to evoke motorsports number designs (similar to what the Indiana Pacers did). This design element is also implemented on the shorts, with one side having the Hornets' alternate logo and the other having the player's number. Lastly, instead of 'CHA', I went with 'CLT', which, according to @QCS, is the locally accepted abbreviation of Charlotte. It's a great timing to conceptualize this kind of uniform, given that team owner Michael Jordan has become a NASCAR team owner as well.

BXpHkNU.png

6rjDuCo.png

FFnMPWs.png

EsIuPkX.png

I love it! The colorful pinstripes look great and I love the City jersey! My only nitpick (and this is more of a personal preference anyway) is the logo on the shorts, I've personally never liked it but it works well here. I really wish I had more to say, but these are so well-designed I really can't!

(As a quick aside, it's not just me who says that CLT is the abbreviation of Charlotte, the city government does as well. The Twitter handle of the city is @CLTGov and the mayor is @CLTMayor.)

the user formerly known as cdclt

Archived