chrispw12

Right team, wrong home arena or stadium

A few more late season call ups like Dawson, Thomas and Hrbek in the last year of a stadium were Lance Berkman with the 1999 Astros in the Astrodome, Mike Mussina with the 1991 Orioles at Memorial Stadium and Chase Utley with the 2003 Phillies at Veterans Stadium.

Along the lines of not feeling as right Darrell Green actually played six seasons at Fed Ex yet I think of him mainly as an RFK guy and similar to Brady only starting 8 games at Foxboro Stadium but having the memorable playoff moment there, Roberto Clemente only played his last three years at Three Rivers but had the memorable 1971 World Series and got his 3000th and final hit there 

On 5/24/2020 at 1:27 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

Larry Fitzgerald started his career at Sun Devil Stadium (and in the previous uniform, as well):

spacer.png

I didn't realize that helmet style co-existed with those uniforms.

main one I can think of for the Mets is Jon Niese, who pitched in exactly two games at Shea.

For the Knicks Walt Frazier, Bill Bradley and Phil Jackson  played their rookie years at the old Madison Square Garden

In his 17 year career in the NFL for Baltimore, Ray Lewis only spent his rookie and sophomore seasons at Memorial Stadium.

spacer.png

Here's a good one.  The swirl-P Phillies uniforms are associated completely with their days at the Vet, but they were actually used one season before moving to the greatest stadium of al time, back when they were still at Connie Mack Stadium.  It's really strange to see these uniforms on a grass home field:

It also looks like there's no NOB - I didn't know they ever had that with these.

maxresdefault.jpg

On 5/25/2020 at 6:43 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

Lawyer Milloy played one season in Gillette Stadium during his 7 years with the team which was 2002.

spacer.png

Totally off topic, but look at how bright that metallic silver looked back then....

18 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

In his 17 year career in the NFL for Baltimore, Ray Lewis only spent his rookie and sophomore seasons at Memorial Stadium.

spacer.png

...Boy, football pads sure have come a long way, since the late '90s, haven't they?

On 6/11/2020 at 5:54 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

Here's a good one.  The swirl-P Phillies uniforms are associated completely with their days at the Vet, but they were actually used one season before moving to the greatest stadium of al time, back when they were still at Connie Mack Stadium.  It's really strange to see these uniforms on a grass home field:

It also looks like there's no NOB - I didn't know they ever had that with these.

maxresdefault.jpg

I wish they would go back to some kind of modernized version of this uniform with maroon as the main color.  It would be pretty unique to have that old phillies color in MLB since nobody else uses it.  Red, white, dark navy and blue is so played out in MLB.

Can't find any pictures, but Hines Ward played his first three seasons at Three Rivers Stadium (1998-2000). 

On 6/11/2020 at 8:54 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

The Phillies had no names on the back as late as 1974.

2291030efb3684461e7881acf6aa93ca.jpg

Ken Griffey Jr., as a Mariner, will be associated with the Kingdome. Its successor, Safeco FIeld/T-Mobile Park, on the other hand, in which he spent half of one season (1999) and one and a half more after a sojourn with two teams (2009-10)? Not quite.

Same applies to Alex Rodriguez, who spent one and a half seasons @ at the Safe as well.