Sign in to follow this  
JQK

Quarantine Boredom: OKC Thunder

Image may contain: outdoor

This is incredible. It immediately replaces arguably the worst branding in the NBA with something unique while paying respect to the region's Native American culture.  I think it's fantastic.

Perfection.

Tremendous work. A lot of logos are rounded at the bottom, but this flips that on its head and makes it unique. The colors are balanced so well. The basketball is hidden enough to not be the primary feature of the logo. All around great job.

5 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Perfection.

Ditto

Posted (edited)

Reiterating what others said previously, that logo is great. Simultaneously references the team's name and visually evokes Native American culture that's so prominent to Oklahoma City. While completely unique, it also evokes the old Buffalo Braves. Overall, it has a great sense of balance.

Edited by BayBaseballFan

Agreed with others that this is fantastic! A GREAT example in my opinion of how to honor Native American culture with a team without crossing over into offensive territory. It's easily noticed as representing a basketball franchise without the basketball being too prominent and the half roundel with with the feathers coming down gives it a pretty unique profile. The colors all work together well in the design; I really have nothing critical to say of it. Well done!

I don't love the thunderbolt.  The dream catchers is really nice, especially with the feathers, but for some reason, the thunderbolt just seems forced.