2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

Schedule is out, draft is in the books, and time will tell if we actually have a season this year. Might as well get this up and running. Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me at least 24 hours from the completion of the game to make any corrections as I am normally not at a computer to make changes during the game itself. Also please don't post if the combo actually worn is that what is already posted. It is totally unnecessary and just adds to what already is a large thread of posts.

HOF Game Cancelled
Preseason Week 1  Cancelled
Preseason Week 2  Cancelled
Preseason Week 3  Cancelled
Preseason Week 4  Cancelled

Regular Season
Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5

Week 6

Week 7

Week 8

Week 9

Week 10

Week 11

Week 12
Week 13
Week 14
Week 15
Week 16
Week 17

Post Season
Wildcard Round
Divisional Round
Championship Round
Super Bowl LV

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

These are my guesses for the teams in 2020. A few teams have new uniforms, and we have know idea how things will go, so I'll leave those ones out.

Arizona Cardinals - They wear the black color rush, the one with red coloring, for Thursday night games. This year their Thursday night game will be on the road though, at Seattle. It's anyone's guess what game the black color rush will be. The normal black alternate, the one with white coloring, is usually worn in the middle or beginning of October. This year their only home game in October is home to Seattle, and the Cardinals don't wear the black alternate against the Seahawks.

Atlanta Falcons - Since moving to Mercedes Benz Stadium, the Falcons use up their allotment for the black throwbacks before December comes. They will still wear the black throwbacks, but since they have another alternate jersey now, the red alternate, they'll have to make room for the new alternate. One of those will be worn twice, and the other once. My prediction for the Falcons black throwbacks is the Raiders game. Atlanta has worn them for every last November game from 2017-2019 (Buccaneers 2017, Cowboys 2018, and Saints 2019). I'm guessing the other black jersey appearance will be either Chicago or Carolina.

Baltimore Ravens - Black alternates are worn for prime-time games most of the time. But the Ravens also wears them for daytime games, like the 49ers game last year for instance. So it goes either way regarding night or day time games. I predict the Chiefs game and maybe the Cowboys game. Baltimore has worn their purple color rush for their last November home game the last two years, Oakland Raiders (2018) and the Los Angeles Rams (2019). I predict the Tennessee Titans game for the color rush, especially since they lost to them in purple in the recent playoff game. The Ravens wear white for home openers, but have had years where they did not. Last couple of years they have. Baltimore will wear their white jerseys for their home opener against the Browns. Teams have worn their white jerseys against the Cowboys on purpose, just to make Dallas wear their blue jerseys. Will the Baltimore Ravens be one of those teams?

Buffalo Bills - White, the regular one, for the Jets game. Wore their regular white uniforms for their home opener the last two years. Red color rush for the Steelers game. Buffalo has worn the red color rush for the second to last home game, the 7th game, since 2017. Hard to make a call on the white throwback uniforms. They wear them any time in the month of October or November. 

Carolina Panthers - White for the Raiders and Cardinals. Blue for the Bears and road game at Tampa. Carolina usually likes to get the alternate blue jersey games out of the way, and as early as possible, before going to their black jerseys, especially when it's still warm in October. So that's why the white uniforms only appear at home twice or once now, compared to years past.

Chicago Bears - Wears an alternate/throwback uniform around Halloween, before or after. They'll have the orange jerseys and perhaps the return of the Monsters of the Midway uniforms. I'm guessing one for the Saints game and the other for the Buccaneers. Chicago lost last year to New Orleans in their regular navy jersey, and the game with Tampa Bay is a prime-time game with Tom Brady in town. Are the Bears bringing back the Monsters of the Midway uniform? 

Cincinnati Bengals - Wore black, the all black combination, on the home opener against the 49ers, despite it typically being the stretch of the season where its warmer, and the team wears white for those games. Was that a Marvin Lewis thing? Did that change under Zac Taylor? The color rush uniform was worn more than the orange jersey last year. I'm guessing the white color rush for the prime-time game on at Cleveland. The Bengals wore the white color rush for big national games last year like at Pittsburgh and the London game against the Rams. I'm guessing the Jaguars or the prime-time game against the Steelers for the orange jerseys. Like Baltimore, Cincinnati is the other AFC team who has Dallas on their schedule, and has worn white at home. Will the Cincinnati Bengals be one of those teams?

Dallas Cowboys - Blue jerseys, with white pants, for the home game against Arizona. White color rush for the 49ers game and other big games. Dallas wore blue over white for night games against the Titans (2018) and Vikings (2019) in the middle of the season. They wore color rush against the Saints in 2018, which was a home game at night late in the season. I also predict they'll wear them for a road game.

Denver Broncos - Navy blue alternate against the Bills. Denver has worn the alternate navy for their first December home game since 2015. The other navy blue game is in October. I will say Miami. They avoided wearing them against Kansas City last year, and lost to them wearing those jerseys/uniforms the year before.

Detroit Lions - Either the gray color rush or blue throwbacks against the Texans? The other one for a selected opponent.

Green Bay Packers - All white color rush is worn for prime-time games. Maybe against the Falcons because it's a MNF game just like Detroit last year? Maybe at San Francisco for better luck? 

Houston Texans - All white for Baltimore Ravens. They don't have a consistent pattern on the battle red or color rush jerseys. It's anyone's guess what games those will be.

Indianapolis Colts - Will they wear white at home, do the white out at Lucas Oil Stadium again? All blue color rush in the middle of the season, October or November, like the last two years.

Jacksonville Jaguars - Do the Jaguars want to wear black at Tennessee? If not, the Jags will do what other teams have done, wear their lighter more cooler jerseys in the heat. Also, like the Panthers, Jacksonville will wear their alternates for home games when it's still warm in October, before going to their black jerseys/uniforms. They'll wear teal against the Dolphins and Lions for sure. Wear white for the home opener against the Colts.

Kansas City - Usually wears the all red combination for night games. But didn't against the Packers. Probably because they weren't lucky the last two times they wore them?

Las Vegas Raiders - Wears the color rush uniform with silver numbers for Thursday night games. Will wear them against the Chargers again, who they host on Thursday night again.

Miami Dolphins - White for the Bills, Seahawks, Chargers, and Rams. No idea about the aqua throwbacks.

Minnesota Vikings - Brought back their color rush last year. But their Thursday night game is on the road this year. It has to be a home game somewhere.

New Orleans Saints - Maybe the white color rush against the Chargers? They wore white against the Redskins in 2018, and Cowboys in 2019, both night games, that took place once the season was well underway.

New York Giants - White color rush against the Buccaneers. The Giants wear their color rush for a night game. The Pittsburgh game is also a night game, but it would be too soon to bust out the color rush uniform.

New York Jets - Last two years wore white, did a white out, for the third home game. All white against the Cardinals? No idea about the black uniforms.

Philadelphia Eagles - All black for two of the Giants, Cowboys, and Seahawks games.

Pittsburgh Steelers - Color rush against the Ravens. No idea about the throwback jersey.

San Francisco 49ers - Wears the all white color rush for their last October game (Rams 2018, Panthers 2019). The Rams again? The Dolphins would be a good candidate too.

Seattle Seahawks - Usually wears the wolf grey against Arizona. The lime green color rush for a night game.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - White jersey/uniform for the Panthers and Chargers.

Tennessee Titans - White for the Jaguars and Steelers. Columbia blue alternates for the Texans and Colts.

Washington Redskins - Likes to force Dallas in their blue jerseys. Wears their throwback uniform in either October or November.

I think the Ravens will go for 3 games wearing black. They've done it the last two seasons. Interesting enough, in 2018, they wore it for 2 day games and the Week 17 late-afternoon match since they had all their primetime (road) games finished by the end of Week 4. My prediction for the three this year will be Chiefs (with purple pants), Cowboys (all-black), and Giants (with white pants). Also, I guarantee you they'll still wear white for the home opener vs Cleveland. I think they do it to take advantage of the fairly warm conditions assuming it's sunny that day.

On the flipside, I think Pittsburgh will unleash their throwbacks vs the Ravens on Thanksgiving, the Giants will wear color rush in Philly (all their CR games have come vs Philly or Dallas...maybe one vs the Skins, but I can't remember).

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

That was a solid breakdown above, but here are some of my thoughts:

Hopefully the Rams and Chargers ditch white at home in the indoor stadium, though I could see the Rams wearing the bone jersey in Week 1 vs. Dallas.

I'd say after the Jets got shut out last year on MNF vs. NE in green, they certainly go with black this time on MNF, and possibly for the Week 4 TNF game vs. Denver. Hoping the white out game is Buffalo Wk 7 rather than Arizona Week 5.

Really curious to see how the Falcons break up their alternate jersey games, especially with no home primetime games.

Also curious to see if the Bucs wear white at home early in the season. They didn't have a 1pm home game til Week 10 last season, so it wasn't clear if that was still a thing or that ARI game in white at home was a coincidence or something. Hoping they don't ruin any good matchups with the pewter alt. Use that for SNF against NO and maybe KC since they are red-heavy.

Safe to say Miami will wear the aqua throwback for one of the three home games in the stretch from Week 13-15 (vs. CIN, KC, NE). The white one could be worn vs. BUF in Week 2 once again and maybe vs. LAC in Week 7 for a nice Throwback style pairing. I pray that they bring the aqua pants for their west coast trip at SF and then wear them in Denver as well the following week.

Would love to see Seattle wear neon green vs. NE on SNF Week 2. Hoping they don't wear it against MIN in Week 5 for the third season in a row. Should also wear it Week 11 vs. ARI on TNF.

San Fran has several primetime home games, one of which they will likely wear the throwback for. I hope its the Ram game. They tried to do this for SNF in 2018, but it got flexed out. I don't like seeing teams wear white at home vs. opponents that rarely come to town.

Could we see NO wear Color Rush in Week 3 vs. GB or would that be dumb to let them march into town in their green and gold? Or maybe Week 5 like the post above suggests

I'm hoping the Titans wear some sort of blue for Week 5 vs. Buffalo. This exact matchup had them in white, but the season starts a week later this year, so hopefully we don't see BUF in blue again in TEN for the third time since 2015. Would've been nice to see TEN in light blue vs. PIT, but maybe light blue pants with white tops is a more realistic wish.

Wondering if the Bengals go white at home Week 1 in the late window or go black like the home opener last season.

Would love to see Dallas in navy at home vs. PIT and/or NYG for a change. The Arizona MNF game would be nice too, which is more likely, or maybe even Week 15 vs. SF.

Really hope the Lions don't ruin what could be a nice Thanksgiving matchup by wearing gray vs. Houston.

8 minutes ago, FSUViking said:

I'll be honest...I was really hoping to see a newer, fresher template this year. 🤷‍♂️

Give it a year.  The rumour being is that teams are apparently switching to the template that the Oregon Ducks wore this past season.

Seahawks Uniform Schedule Prediction 

Seahawks combo vs. opponent combo

Jersey color/ pant color/ standard socks unless otherwise stated

Preseason Week 1: vs. Raiders 

Blue/blue vs. white/silver

Preseason Week 2: @ Texans

White/grey vs. blue/white

Preseason Week 3: vs. Chargers

Blue/blue vs. white/white

Preseason Week 4: @ Vikings

White/blue vs. purple/white

Week 1: @ Falcons 10:00 FOX

White/blue vs. black/black

Week 2: vs. Patriots SNF

Blue/blue vs. white/blue (I think pats will wear white pants in this game if they add them)

Week 3: vs. Cowboys 1:25 FOX

Blue/blue vs. cowboys color rush 

Week 4: @ Dolphins 10:00 FOX

Blue/grey vs. white/white

Week 5: vs. Vikings SNF

Green color rush vs. white/purple

Week 6: BYE

Week 7: @ Cardinals 1:05 FOX

Grey/grey vs red/white

Week 8: vs. 49ers 1:25 FOX

Blue/blue vs. white/gold

Week 9: @ Bills 10:00 FOX

Grey/grey vs. blue/blue

Week 10: @ Rams 1:25 FOX

White/grey vs. royal/royal

Week 11: vs. Cardinals TNF

Green/blue vs. white/white

Week 12: @ Eagles MNF

White/white vs. black/black

Week 13: vs. Giants 1:05 FOX

Blue/blue vs. white/grey

Week 14: vs. Jets 1:05 CBS

Blue/blue vs. white/green

Week 15: @ Redskins 10:00 FOX

White/blue vs. red/white

Week 16: vs. Rams 1:05 CBS

Blue/blue vs. bone/bone

Week 17: @ 49ers 1:25 FOX

White/blue vs. red/gold

On 6/4/2020 at 7:29 PM, tohasbo said:

Give it a year.  The rumour being is that teams are apparently switching to the template that the Oregon Ducks wore this past season.

What? That's not what I meant.

People are using lots of cool renderings and templates in the Concept forum. Was hoping for something new and fresh to make into this thread. I'm not talking about the actual NFL jersey template.

On 6/5/2020 at 10:43 PM, FSUViking said:

What? That's not what I meant.

People are using lots of cool renderings and templates in the Concept forum. Was hoping for something new and fresh to make into this thread. I'm not talking about the actual NFL jersey template.

Ah gotcha

On 5/29/2020 at 7:08 AM, gothedistance said:

Houston Texans - All white for Baltimore Ravens. They don't have a consistent pattern on the battle red or color rush jerseys. It's anyone's guess what games those will be.

The texans usually wear red around either early December or their 7th game, so my guess is either the Colts week 13 or the Bengals week 16, I'm predicting the Bengals.

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

Packers Uniform Combination Predictions

Week 1 @ Vikings: White/Gold vs Purple/Yellow

Week 2 vs Lions: Green/Gold vs White/Silver

Week 3 @ Saints: Green/Gold vs White/White Color Rush

Week 4 vs Falcons: White/White vs Black/White (seems to wear all white in a home night game now)

Week 5 BYE:

Week 6 @ Buccaneers: White/Gold vs Red/Pewter

Week 7 @ Texans: White/Gold vs Navy/White

Week 8 vs Vikings: Green/Gold vs White Purple

Week 9 @ 49ers: White/Gold vs Red/Gold

Week 10 vs Jaguars: Navy/Gold Throwback vs White/Black (Green Bay tends to wear throwbacks vs an AFC team)

Week 11 @ Colts: White/Gold vs Blue/White

Week 12 vs Bears: Green/Gold vs White/Navy

Week 13 vs Eagles: Green/Gold vs White/White

Week 14 @ Lions: White/Gold vs Gray/Gray (Got a gut feeling the Lions will switch things up here)

Week 15 vs Panthers: Green/Gold vs White/White

Week 16 vs Titans: Green/Gold vs White/Navy

Week 17 @ Bears: White/Gold vs Navy/White

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

I did a little slideshow of what the season looked like uniform-wise if each team wore the same combination as the previous year's game. Hard to explain, but here's an example.

Green Bay Packers

Home Game 1 2019: Green/Gold vs Vikings:                                         Home Game 1 2020: Green/Gold vs Lions

Home Game 2 2019: Navy/Gold vs Broncos                                          Home Game 2 2020: Navy/Gold vs Falcons

Home Game 3 2019: Green/Gold vs Eagles                                          Home Game 3 2020: Green/Gold vs Vikings

Home Game 4 2019: White/White vs Lions                                            Home Game 4 2020: White/White vs Jaguars

Home Game 5 2019: Green/Gold vs Raiders                                         Home Game 5 2020: Green/Gold vs Bears

Home Game 6 2019: Green/Gold vs Panthers                                       Home Game 6 2020: Green/Gold vs Eagles

Home Game 7 2019: Green/Gold vs Redskins                                       Home Game 7 2020: Green/Gold vs Panthers

Home Game 8 2019: Green/Gold vs Bears                                            Home Game 8 2020: Green/Gold vs Titans

I basically did that for all 32 NFL teams, home and away, and I made some adjustments so the teams with new uniforms would have them in my presentaion.

Check it out if you want to: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1PfM9tsERJXm6jaESwHgzswCLDMhOOyTRAi5ngqNljbg/edit?usp=sharing

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

3 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

Packers Uniform Combination Predictions

Week 1 @ Vikings: White/Gold vs Purple/Yellow

Week 2 vs Lions: Green/Gold vs White/Silver

Week 3 @ Saints: Green/Gold vs White/White

Week 4 vs Falcons: White/White vs Black/White (seems to wear all white in a home night game now)

Week 5 BYE:

Week 6 @ Buccaneers: White/Gold vs Red/Pewter

Week 7 @ Texans: White/Gold vs Navy/White

Week 8 vs Vikings: Green/Gold vs White Purple

Week 9 @ 49ers: White/Gold vs Red/Gold

Week 10 vs Jaguars: Navy/Gold Throwback vs White/Black (Green Bay tends to wear throwbacks vs an AFC team)

Week 11 @ Colts: White/Gold vs Blue/White

Week 12 vs Bears: Green/Gold vs White/Navy

Week 13 vs Eagles: Green/Gold vs White/White

Week 14 @ Lions: White/Gold vs Gray/Gray (Got a gut feeling the Lions will switch things up here)

Week 15 vs Panthers: Green/Gold vs White/White

Week 16 vs Titans: Green/Gold vs White/Navy

Week 17 @ Bears: White/Gold vs Navy/White

As a Packers fan myself:

That game in Tampa is gonna be gorgeous. I haven't seen Green Bay in white vs. Tampa in that version of red in my lifetime. Please keep the all pewter on the shelf.

Really hope Tennessee wears light blue bottoms for that Week 16 game. Would look amazing on SNF.

I read somewhere that the Pack won't be wearing any throwback uniform this season but will be getting a new one next season.

A lot of us seem to think the all white will be worn vs. ATL, but I think the Thursday nighter in San Fran is another possibility, especially since they annihilated us twice last season in white over gold.

I think Houston could be in Color Rush or red for the Week 7 game based on the placement right in the middle of the season and the lack of primetime home games, but it could go either way.

The Steelers usually wear their Color Rush uniforms for prime-time games, so I agree that Thanksgiving vs. the Ravens is probably the optimal date for them. This is the only night game they have at home this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see the throwbacks either @ Dallas (assuming the Cowboys wear white) or during a divisional game like the Browns or Bengals, both at 1:00pm. 

Also wouldn't be surprised to see the Ravens wear all-black against the Steelers, as they have had a tendency to so. The Jaguars also wore teal against the Steelers last time they played in Jacksonville. Granted, that was supposed to be a night game coming off both team's successes the previous year, so who knows. Also don't really know what to predict with the Browns, especially since they have their new uniforms. 

1 hour ago, ~Bear said:

The Steelers usually wear their Color Rush uniforms for prime-time games, so I agree that Thanksgiving vs. the Ravens is probably the optimal date for them. This is the only night game they have at home this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see the throwbacks either @ Dallas (assuming the Cowboys wear white) or during a divisional game like the Browns or Bengals, both at 1:00pm. 

Also wouldn't be surprised to see the Ravens wear all-black against the Steelers, as they have had a tendency to so. The Jaguars also wore teal against the Steelers last time they played in Jacksonville. Granted, that was supposed to be a night game coming off both team's successes the previous year, so who knows. Also don't really know what to predict with the Browns, especially since they have their new uniforms. 

I hope Pitt wears an alternate vs. the Eagles in Week 5, especially if we're stuck with Philly in all white. We see that exact pairing every preseason already.

I would guess Jacksonville wears black vs. Pittsburgh this time since they seem to reserve the teal for October home games and national TV games.

15 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I hope Pitt wears an alternate vs. the Eagles in Week 5, especially if we're stuck with Philly in all white. We see that exact pairing every preseason already.

I would guess Jacksonville wears black vs. Pittsburgh this time since they seem to reserve the teal for October home games and national TV games.

I'm hoping the Cowboys wear their blue jerseys at home vs. the Steelers, since the last 16 meetings between the two have been white vs. black. You have to go back to 1969 when the Steelers wore white at home vs. the Cowboys to find that particular matchup.

spacer.png

Here are my predictions for Week 1:

HOU white/navy at KC red/white

MIA white/aqua at NE navy/navy

CLE brown/white at BAL white/purple

OAK black/silver at CAR white/white

NYJ green/white at BUF white/white

IND blue/white at JAC white/white

GB white/yellow at MIN purple/white

SEA white/navy at ATL black/black

PHI white/white at WAS burgundy/white

CHI white/navy at DET blue/grey

LAC white/white at CIN black/white

TB white/white at NO black/black

ARI white/white at SF red/gold

DAL navy/silver at LAR bone/bone

PIT white/gold at NYG blue/white

TEN white/navy at DEN orange/white

Week 1 is usually easier to predict since there are often limited alternate jerseys and certain teams tend to wear white at home. I think the biggest question marks for jersey color would be CIN and LAR, and several teams' pant colors are a toss-up - MIA, PHI, BAL, TEN. Other than that, I'd guess at least 9-10 of these will be spot-on.

Archived