2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

2 hours ago, _J_ said:

And even the Steelers, who wore white as a SB host, would be third on this list(Feb 2006) if hosting the super bowl counted in your list.

The Broncos, who were a host in SB 50, would be further down, if we did it differently and counted more.

We could extend it and include more teams. But it would get too much and probably boring. The next team after the ones I mentioned are the Patriots in 2011.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

The Broncos, who were a host in SB 50, would be further down, if we did it differently and counted more.

We could extend it and include more teams. But it would get too much and probably boring. The next team after the ones I mentioned are the Patriots in 2011.

Pats wore their home navys in 2011. They chose white in 2017 against the Eagles though (which meant they wore white in the Super Bowl three years in a row 🥱)

23 hours ago, gothedistance said:

I hope Green Bay wears the all white against Tennessee. They do well under the night lights.

I hope we wear our Green over Gold uniforms like we always should at home. We do pretty well in that combo too 🙂

It's where I sit.

18 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Pats wore their home navys in 2011. They chose white in 2017 against the Eagles though (which meant they wore white in the Super Bowl three years in a row 🥱)

New England wore white at Gillette against the Cowboys in 2011.

1 hour ago, throwmesomepics said:

Some packers uni tracker on Twitter confirmed green over gold for this week. He said the packers are discontinuing color rush.

Oh really?

3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Saints are in fact wearing Color Rush. Surprised they're wearing white again at home vs. Minnesota after the playoff game. 

This is now the fourth meeting in a row at the Superdome that the Vikings have worn purple.

BLIZZARD game we're going FROSTY the SNOWMAN on em ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Nah but really it's a Christmas game so all-white is fine with me for once

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

I miss when the Titans looked like this:

Packers will have some trap games in 2016 - Page 3

Old uniform + the navy helmet would be perfect

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

This is close enough to that, but the organization would rather be a navy team like a quarter of the league already is.

At least the Lions seem to be a full-time light blue pants team now.

Ryan Tannehill has every Titans QB before him beat in one category

Actually I like these pants more than the old ones. The sword slash looks good imo and any innovation of the pants stripes that isn't a disaster (see: the Broncos player in the background) is just fine by me. Ditch the pit stains and it's a damn fine uniform

9 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Saints are in fact wearing Color Rush. Surprised they're wearing white again at home vs. Minnesota after the playoff game. 

This is now the fourth meeting in a row at the Superdome that the Vikings have worn purple.

If you include the 2019 preseason meeting, it would be 5 straight trips to NO in purple.

The 2010 NFC championship game and 2004 are the only games that Minnesota wore white when visiting the Saints at the Superdome since the league realignment.

Every year when Minnesota has been designated to play at New Orleans the Vikings were forced to wear purple; 2002, 2008, 2014, and 2020. This is 4th cycle of the scheduling formula that began in 2002. The 2002 game Minnesota wore purple when the Saints wore their gold jersey.

1 hour ago, throwmesomepics said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJKNvWagja4/?igshid=9a08cmfm6fq

Oh no. NFL promos get the uniforms right and this suggests that Lions Bucs will be mono grey vs mono white.

Remember when the Panthers (2018) and Bears in 2017 had to wear their dark colors when the Lions busted those out when these teams visited? What happened to that?

I don't know how the NFL allows teams to be in their white while the Lions are in the gray or whatever color you want to call the color rush. 

On 12/21/2020 at 5:13 PM, gothedistance said:

After Atlanta wore white at home this season, here are the teams who have the longest drought of not wearing white for a home game since they last did it. Teams who wore white as a Super Bowl host count here, when they last did WAH at their own stadium and city.

1. Minnesota Viking (1964)

2. Pittsburgh Steelers (1969)

3. Denver Broncos (2003)

4. Kansas City Chiefs (2006)

5. Arizona Cardinals (2009)

The listed teams are more than 10 years.

Fun fact: The Seahawks have never worn white at home in their entire 45 years of being a franchise.

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

Archived