2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I don't think there's a particular issue with the Lions' and Bucs' jerseys being dark enough. There's plenty of contrast between those colors and white IMO. 

My issue with those two color rush monstrosities is that they're both hideous.

I disagree, there was plenty of contrast issues. It would have been like a team wearing white and playing the Seahawks when they wear their wolf grey uniform

43 minutes ago, dont care said:

I disagree, there was plenty of contrast issues. It would have been like a team wearing white and playing the Seahawks when they wear their wolf grey uniform

Seahawks wolf grey is a lighter shade of gray than the Lions so that's why it is considered a light jersey. The game just looks bland though when one team wears all gray and another in white so the team the Lions face should wear color to make it contrast more such as how the falcons went with those ugly red gradient jerseys against the Lions.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

There is no "wolf grey". That's just the same old gray the Lions and Giants wear as their primary pants. The Lions and Bucs ugly color rush uniforms are noticably darker.

Since they both wore them this week, let’s discuss it. Who has the better all purple, non-Color Rush uniform: Vikings or Ravens? (SN: These images are not from this weekend)

spacer.png

spacer.png

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I think the Vikings flows better but needs contrasting socks. We’re used to seeing the Vikings in purple pants so it doesn’t look that weird. Purple pants are a newer combo for the Ravens so it looks a bit strange to me. I prefer their black socks, though, instead of going all purple. Between that Ravens look, and other alternates, I prefer when they wear purple and black and also their Color Rush all purple with a little bit of gold pop.

4 minutes ago, Chawls said:

Since they both wore them this week, let’s discuss it. Who has the better all purple, non-Color Rush uniform: Vikings or Ravens? (SN: These images are not from this weekend)

spacer.png

spacer.png

I love the Vikings richer purple, but I gotta go with Baltimore. What helps them is they have a black helmet and use the black socks. What hurts the Vikings is they have ONLY purple socks. white socks would hurt the overall look and yellow socks (big yikes) would be an eyesore.

18 hours ago, DNAsports said:

What I mean is their navy uniforms are barely used in comparison to the whites. At this point, the navy is just on alternate status and the whites are just the primary uniform. If Dallas has to be like this, maybe the whole NBA style uniform naming system brought up earlier should be considered. Obviously Dallas doesn’t follow the standard Home/Away/Alt(s) template like the other 31 teams. At least try to act like the navy uniforms are an option.

There's no reason for the cowboys to even acknowledge the navy exists nor should it even exist its the worst out of the set. There's also no reason for the cowboys to be forced to wear colored top at home. If teams wanna invoke the curse and force the cowboys to wear dark tops thats fine.

I dont mind them adjusting the shades of the royal and green silver pants to match better to the helmet (id also slightly lighten the helmet logo) that's fine. But the cowboys should always be a white jersey team. Full stop.

3 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

There's no reason for the cowboys to even acknowledge the navy exists nor should it even exist its the worst out of the set. There's also no reason for the cowboys to be forced to wear colored top at home. If teams wanna invoke the curse and force the cowboys to wear dark tops thats fine.

I dont mind them adjusting the shades of the royal and green silver pants to match better to the helmet (id also slightly lighten the helmet logo) that's fine. But the cowboys should always be a white jersey team. Full stop.

It’s pretty dumb to invoke some special rule where Dallas and only Dallas doesn’t need a dark jersey. I never said anything about forcing the Cowboys to wear navy at home. What I’m getting at is how ridiculous it is that they somehow get away with wearing the whites way more than the navys and the league just doesn’t seem to care.

The Cowboys' white jerseys are one of the ugliest in the league, filled with way too much garbage that shouldn't be there. Black outlines of the sleeves, 4 different shades of blue, nothing matching, it's ridiculous. The navy jerseys are much, much better. 

the user formerly known as cdclt

11 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

There's nothing wrong with the cowboys deciding to wear white at home it's just their dark jerseys are currently way superior and there is no consistency between the white and dark uniforms regarding the shades of silver and blue used. 

Agreed. Another example of this is the Rams 2018-19. 2 different shades of blue & gold plus different helmet decals. The team knew the royal blue throwback turned primary was the best of the set, but they didn’t suffocate the whites.

Comparison:

Rams

2018- White (10) Royal (7)

2019- White (10) Royal (5)

Cowboys

2018- White* (15) Navy (3)

2019- White* (8) Navy (8)
2020- White* (13, Proj’d 15) Navy (1)

*- Including CR.

At least 2019 was a good representation of navy for Dallas, but 2018 & 2020 have been completely lopsided.

Archived