2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve really tried to see what’s so great about Cleveland’s orange pants, and I’m just not seeing it. White pants make for a much more balanced and easier-on-the-eyes combo with the brown jersey by a mile. 

If they have to be worn, they should be worn with the white jersey and socks only. That’s a much less garish combo.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

17 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I’ve really tried to see what’s so great about Cleveland’s orange pants, and I’m just not seeing it. White pants make for a much more balanced and easier-on-the-eyes combo with the brown jersey by a mile. 

If they have to be worn, they should be worn with the white jersey and socks only. That’s a much less garish combo.

Agreed. The brown jersey with white pants is a classic NFL look. I like the orange pants but would rather see them as a limited option. Makes them seem special instead of just loud.

3 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

just saw on Twitter from the official Saints feed - gold britches it it! Rejoice! 

Now if we can just get gold pants with striping that matches that of the helmets.  I’d love to be surprised by this today!

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

The Browns have reported that they will now wear brown over orange today.

The Saints clearly were lying when they said white over black and wanted the gold pants to be a surprise. Now can we see them wear the gold pants with the black jersey in the playoffs please?

Also, back in Week 11, the Ravens reported purple jerseys all week and then "surprised" everyone with black jerseys.

There may be more examples of this, but I find it rather odd and unprofessional. If you want it to be a surprise, how about just don't announce anything all week rather than being dishonest or trying to trick the fans?

How bad did this hurt you that they fibbed about what pants they were gonna wear? Gtfo with that.

The Chargers are closing the season with white over gold in KC:

Gonna be an absolutely gorgeous looking game. Nice to see the Chargers breaking out the gold pants this time around after going all-white at home in the earlier matchup this season:
spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Orange pants are better than the brown pants simply for the fact that the striping on the brown pants suck. They had one job to match the striping to the white & orange pants and couldn’t even do that.

spacer.png
spacer.png

Not that I like the brown pants, but one could argue that the striping does match the white pants with the Orange/Brown/Orange pattern. I also think it can only work with the white jersey because the striping could be viewed as B/O/B/O/B just like the white jersey/sock striping. 

4 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

just saw on Twitter from the official Saints feed - gold britches it it! Rejoice! 

Great - now they just need to base a new set off of the throwbacks, with a darker gold helmet to match.

j7YKPBO.jpg

22 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Orange pants are better than the brown pants simply for the fact that the striping on the brown pants suck. They had one job to match the striping to the white & orange pants and couldn’t even do that.

One could make the argument that the brown pants actually do match the white pants perfectly: if you filled in the color of the brown pants to be white, except the stripes, you would get the exact pattern of the white pants. The stripe on the brown pants also matches the striping on the white jersey and socks magnificently, in my opinion.

As always, there are multiple ways to match striping patterns across different jerseys, pants, and socks.

Edit: Yep, @shstpt1 beat me to the punch.

11 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

Not that I like the brown pants, but one could argue that the striping does match the white pants with the Orange/Brown/Orange pattern. I also think it can only work with the white jersey because the striping could be viewed as B/O/B/O/B just like the white jersey/sock striping. 

I see your point and it makes a lot of sense. However, in my line of thinking, the brown pants should have O/W/O to match the O/B/O (white) & B/W/B (orange)

or

the white pants need O/W/O & the orange pants need B/O/B to match the brown pants O/B/O

The former option is the better of the two, IMO

8 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Great - now they just need to base a new set off of the throwbacks, with a darker gold helmet to match.

j7YKPBO.jpg

One could make the argument that the brown pants actually do match the white pants perfectly: if you filled in the color of the brown pants to be white, except the stripes, you would get the exact pattern of the white pants. The stripe on the brown pants also matches the striping on the white jersey and socks magnificently, in my opinion.

As always, there are multiple ways to match striping patterns across different jerseys, pants, and socks.

Edit: Yep, @shstpt1 beat me to the punch.

Gold pants don't work currently. Love the saints gold pants but unless someone else manufactures them they can stay in the closet. Add stripes to the white and black pants and that'll suffice for now.

5 hours ago, bbush24 said:

Unless I'm mistaken, which is very possible, I believe this will be the first non-preseason game since 2017 that the Saints will wear white over gold.

They wore them last in week 2 last season against the Rams when Brees injured his thumb. Which is why some people think they bagged them because they are "bad luck."

Just now, ThePhishFromVermont said:

They wore them last in week 2 last season against the Rams when Brees injured his thumb. 

According to GUD, that was black over gold. That's still frustratingly the last time the Saints wore the gold pants, the last time they wore white over gold in the regular season/playoffs was Week 17 of 2017. The Saints have such potential, but two factors are holding them back: 1) their refusal to wear gold pants and 2) Nike's refusal to make good-looking gold pants.

the user formerly known as cdclt

16 minutes ago, ThePhishFromVermont said:

The key to the Bring Back The Gold Saints Pants Twitter campaign was tagging Sean Payton in every post and then the team captains after he said to do so and clever hashtags. 

Hmm worth a shot, thanks! Sadly Belichick doesn’t have Twitter haha.

Archived