2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

16 hours ago, 61woods said:

Welp, and my Saints will definitely be in all-black.

I would have loved for TB-NO to look like this:

spacer.png

I suspect that there will be a lot of bad uniform matchups this season.

I can imagine how horrid ATL-NO will look.

The teams in the NFC south, with the exception of the Falcons, will look good wearing the right combos. Too bad they will hardly ever do that.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Ravens in white jerseys this week.  I didn't seen a mention of the pants, but they have frequently worn all white for their home opener.

spacer.png

I would bet on all white but last year for their home opener the went with the purple pants so who knows?

1 hour ago, aaa333bbb said:

Don't think I saw this posted on here yesterday but here's the Giants. Nothing surprising since the Bengals and Bucs released their schedules earlier.  

I'd consider Week 4 a pleasant surprise, given that the Chargers are still a white at home team in the LA stadium, but the Rams don't seem to be. They wore white at home in Week 6 last season.

Thought I’d put this in the week by week thread since it appears to be just for week one. Not a uniform change but a field change.

14 year old Ravens super fan Mo Gaba passed away earlier this offseason. He was both blind and diagnosed with cancer. He was heavily involved with both the Ravens and Orioles and even announced one of the Ravens draft picks in Braille.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/29/us/baltimore-ravens-mo-gaba-death-trnd/index.html

Today the Ravens announced “Mo’s Rows” which is a whole section of seating with cardboard cutouts of him and one of his mom in the center. Additionally, they’re painting the “MO” in “Baltimore” gold with the rest of the word white. A touching tribute. Who is slicing up onions here?

On 9/9/2020 at 4:22 PM, dont care said:

sun gets in, but I don’t think they wanted an astrodome situation where they had to go to turf because the grass was dying in patterns where rafters and stuff blocked the field.

Sorry, but you're reaching with that response.  It's not a dome, it's a transparent canopy, and the both the sun and air gets in there.

No way the grass dies, can't see it ...

Can't compare it to the old Astrodome as no sun or air from outdoors got in there.  That was totally different, and I wonder how they didn't see that coming upon constructing it in the mid 60s.

49 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Chargers vs Dolphins is going to look great.

Wish the Chargers would chosen the powder blue in the game against the Bills instead of the navy. That would have been outstanding.

In the 61 year history of the Chargers vs Bills rivalry, the Chargers have NEVER worn their power blues in Buffalo.

Buffalo in the all-white faux AFL throwbacks and Chargers in their powder blues would have looked like a 1966 or 1968 game of Buffalo at San Diego.

Whoever in the Chargers organization made that decision must not have any knowledge of the AFL.  Totally blown call and should be under review as they can still change it since the Bills are wearing white jerseys for that game. 

On 9/9/2020 at 12:35 PM, NFLfan10 said:

Titans announce white over navy to go with the Broncos already in navy. Good thing no one on the East Coast stays up for that game anyway.

I have a feeling they will wear the navy pants a lot this season. How about changing things up, like wearing white pants for a home game--something not done in the regular season with the current uniform?

16 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

Sorry, but you're reaching with that response.  It's not a dome, it's a transparent canopy, and the both the sun and air gets in there.

No way the grass dies, can't see it ...

Can't compare it to the old Astrodome as no sun or air from outdoors got in there.  That was totally different, and I wonder how they didn't see that coming upon constructing it in the mid 60s.

It’s transparent... so was the roof of the astrodome. 
it’s open air... doesn’t matter unless the building has legit smog inside it. 
you’ve been given multiple reason for why grass field won’t work in that stadium, but choose to just dismiss them if you want.

16 minutes ago, dont care said:

It’s transparent... so was the roof of the astrodome. 
it’s open air... doesn’t matter unless the building has legit smog inside it. 
you’ve been given multiple reason for why grass field won’t work in that stadium, but choose to just dismiss them if you want.

You're seriously gonna compare the amount of sunlight that got into the old Houston Astrodome which opened in 1965 to the new SoFi Stadium with all the sunlight that goes thru that open air see-thru canopy?

Dude, you must be havin' a laff ... 🙄

spacer.png

spacer.png

8 hours ago, aaa333bbb said:

Don't think I saw this posted on here yesterday but here's the Giants. Nothing surprising since the Bengals and Bucs released their schedules earlier.  

They should wear the throwback white uni vs the Cowboys.  I miss teams trying to hex Dallas with white at home. 

3 hours ago, crosfam said:

They should wear the throwback white uni vs the Cowboys.  I miss teams trying to hex Dallas with white at home. 

There was a load of that last year in 2019. In fact, most times that teams have done that to them. But this year? Just once. The Rams did it just for Dallas. In 2008 and 2014 the Rams were doing it just for Dallas. The ploy and gimmick to force the Cowboys in navy became popular in the 1980s. Many other teams in history have done it just for Dallas.

Baltimore and Cincinnati were the other two teams that had a chance to put them in the navy. But neither of them will be. The Bengals have a white color rush, they could have been one of those teams, but instead they chose to do that for games against teams like the Titans and Bengals.

I was bummed that neither one of the Bengals or Ravens won't be doing it. But not all is lost. There's a chance for the NFL to have a 17 season game. The Cowboys might not have to wait another 8 years again to visit Baltimore or Cincinnati, if the purported 17 game season comes true.

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

There was a load of that last year in 2019. In fact, most times that teams have done that to them. But this year? Just once. The Rams did it just for Dallas. In 2008 and 2014 the Rams were doing it just for Dallas. The ploy and gimmick to force the Cowboys in navy became popular in the 1980s. Many other teams in history have done it just for Dallas.

Baltimore and Cincinnati were the other two teams that had a chance to put them in the navy. But neither of them will be. The Bengals have a white color rush, they could have been one of those teams, but instead they chose to do that for games against teams like the Titans and Bengals.

I was bummed that neither one of the Bengals or Ravens won't be doing it. But not all is lost. There's a chance for the NFL to have a 17 season game. The Cowboys might not have to wait another 8 years again to visit Baltimore or Cincinnati, if the purported 17 game season comes true.

To be honest with you, I thought this will finally be the time the Seahawks will wear white at home against Dallas this year.  I would love to see Seattle finally pull the stunt and be the team to cross the never wear white at home off their list.  I don't understand why they don't.

Archived