canzman

2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Uhh why?

Why would a head coach of 53+ players per year care in the absolute slightest about the color coordination of what said players wear? As far as he’s concerned, they’re just there to play football and go home no matter how good they do or don’t look in a jersey, pants, and socks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Why would a head coach of 53+ players per year care in the absolute slightest about the color coordination of what said players wear? As far as he’s concerned, they’re just there to play football and go home no matter how good they do or don’t look in a jersey, pants, and socks.

That sounds a lot like your mentality that you're projecting onto Doug Pederson. Who knows what he thinks, but it isn't far fetched that a guy running the team could want to have some say in what they look like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

If the Saints were smart and cared about overall aesthetics, they’d attempt to get a waiver to use their CR and force the Bucs into Red/Pewter again.

 

Like so,

spacer.png
 

Man, do those Saints uniforms need black socks with w/g/w/g/w stripes though

 

With recent discussion of definition of socks and stripes can you give a visual to what you mean by that sock design? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Why would a head coach of 53+ players per year care in the absolute slightest about the color coordination of what said players wear? As far as he’s concerned, they’re just there to play football and go home no matter how good they do or don’t look in a jersey, pants, and socks.

 

Actually there has been some coaches who have had discretion over what uniforms were worn. Or maybe its just a former (Washington Football Team) thing. I believe when Lombardi went to Washington he changed the unis to resemble the Packers. 

 

Also I believe Joe Gibbs was the proponent for wearing white at home during his tenure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

 

Actually there has been some coaches who have had discretion over what uniforms were worn. Or maybe its just a former (Washington Football Team) thing. I believe when Lombardi went to Washington he changed the unis to resemble the Packers. 

 

Also I believe Joe gives was the proponent for wearing white at home during his tenure. 


And recently, Rivera made comments that he liked the white on white, and he waited for the big game against the Steelers to break them out. I don’t think there is a coach in the pros that spends hours deciding what uniform to wear during the season. Maybe a five minute decision, but that’s all I could think of

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

 

With recent discussion of definition of socks and stripes can you give a visual to what you mean by that sock design? 

 

 

Yeah sure, let me whip up a quick concept of something that totally wasn’t executed in real life.

spacer.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Yeah sure, let me whip up a quick concept of something that totally wasn’t executed in real life.

spacer.png

 

 

Match the golds and you have a top 5 uniform right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

That sounds a lot like your mentality that you're projecting onto Doug Pederson. Who knows what he thinks, but it isn't far fetched that a guy running the team could want to have some say in what they look like.

Especially since there is no universal mindset among coaches/front offices. It varies from team to team. Some care more than others, some let the players decide, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Now that the Eagles fired Doug Peterson, do they change how they do uniforms? Peterson grossly had the team wear the all white too much, and the team didn't do white at home with him at the helm.

This is a good point you bring up. As rarely as he had them in green pants, the fact that they never wore white at home was almost worth the trade-off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Andy Reid was coaching the Iggles, he had them wear white jerseys a lot at home during the early September/October games and then would switch to the green ones later in the season.

 

I can't remember what they did under Chip Kelly. I feel like it was green at home most of the time.

 

Then Doug Pederson always had them in green jerseys at home.

 

As an Iggle fan, I always like to see them switch it up. Sometimes wear the green, sometimes the white. One uni combo I would like to see is the green jersey with the green pants. Just once a year would be cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, RayFinkle said:

When Andy Reid was coaching the Iggles, he had them wear white jerseys a lot at home during the early September/October games and then would switch to the green ones later in the season.

 

I can't remember what they did under Chip Kelly. I feel like it was green at home most of the time.

 

Then Doug Pederson always had them in green jerseys at home.

 

As an Iggle fan, I always like to see them switch it up. Sometimes wear the green, sometimes the white. One uni combo I would like to see is the green jersey with the green pants. Just once a year would be cool.

Chip did have the team wear white at home the first couple games. The thing with him though was that they changed the fabric of the green pants and jerseys in 2014, which forced them to wear white garments more often than usual while those were being produced. They didn't wear green anything until Week 10 that season but then they wore green pants the rest of the season. 2015 was a bit more of an even split between white over green and all white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhh that's right, NFL10. I totally forgot about that uni nugget back when they didn't have any green jerseys to wear. LOL. How ridiculous is that!!

 

Good info, thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Yeah sure, let me whip up a quick concept of something that totally wasn’t executed in real life.

spacer.png

 

 

The reason I asked that is because my definition of what I thought was the general definition of socks and stripes seams to be different.

 

131642489.jpg.jpg

 

In the pic you posted it looks like an all black sock with wgwgw stripes as you mentioned. Although you can slightly see the white portion at the ankle since brees doesn't quite wear it properly. 

 

In this photo here you see the socks worn properly and its clearly a white sock with bwgwgwb stripes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jp1409 said:

 

Match the golds and you have a top 5 uniform right there.

And what’s even better is they already have the road uni(Color Rush), which brings the option of white pants into the fray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

 

The reason I asked that is because my definition of what I thought was the general definition of socks and stripes seams to be different.

 

131642489.jpg.jpg

 

In the pic you posted it looks like an all black sock with wgwgw stripes as you mentioned. Although you can slightly see the white portion at the ankle since brees doesn't quite wear it properly. 

 

In this photo here you see the socks worn properly and its clearly a white sock with bwgwgwb stripes.

Either way, I still consider it to be a black sock w/ stripes. Not a white sock w/ stripes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping the Rams would go with the “yellow” pants so we can get a closer look at how awful they are against the Packers gold pants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

 

The reason I asked that is because my definition of what I thought was the general definition of socks and stripes seams to be different.

 

131642489.jpg.jpg

 

In the pic you posted it looks like an all black sock with wgwgw stripes as you mentioned. Although you can slightly see the white portion at the ankle since brees doesn't quite wear it properly. 

 

In this photo here you see the socks worn properly and its clearly a white sock with bwgwgwb stripes.


I get where you're coming from, but that is kind of a weird perspective.

 

Maybe to see it differently, remember that the split sock is really a modern version of the system when a white crew sock was worn over a longer dark sock or stirrups.

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rams are in sticking with the blue pants this week. Seems like teams rarely switch things up in the playoffs after a win. Should be a nice colorful matchup regardless of the quality of their uniform design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills sticking with Blue jerseys, White pants and solid blue socks for Saturday night. If you include the socks it will be the first time this year wearing the same uniform combination consecutively. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, leopard88 said:


I get where you're coming from, but that is kind of a weird perspective.

 

Maybe to see it differently, remember that the split sock is really a modern version of the system when a white crew sock was worn over a longer dark sock or stirrups.

 

spacer.png

 

Totally get that. But that would still be a white sock with colored stirrups. For instance in your picture let's say the Colts were also a red team and instead of the white sock over the stirrups they wore a red sock. What color then would you consider the socks to be?  Obviously its all semantics but interesting peoples different perspective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.