2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

I've never found it difficult to look fondly on the accomplishments of my favorite teams from before I was born so I (perhaps wrongly) assume everyone else can do the same.

I get a lot more satisfaction from watching a video of the Cardinals celebrating winning the 1969 World Series than I do reminiscing on the Rams winning the NFC in 2001 🤷‍♂️

Prior to 10,12,14, it was easy to celebrate the Giants as one of those old classic teams as they have been around since the 1800s. But it was sorta hard to really connect or atleast defend them as they hadn't won since 1954 and all their WS titles at the time were from NY. It was easier and more likely to celebrate individual players or teams like 02 that just came up short( screw dusty baker). 

So I can understand younger bills fans being more attached to the 4 straight AFC championships than the AFL win from the 60s.

Hell I'll go one step further. As a Kings fan I think its the dumbest thing that their uniforms have that gold tab on the neck for a championship that happened in 51 by a team with a different name on the opposite side of the country. Yeah its part of the lineage, but until the last 10 plus years never really celebrated by the team.

28 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

They showed W/B/W at the end though

That was his point -- they said "keeping it clean" which makes you think all-white, but instead it wasn't.

I'm not a fan of the all-white socks. I like the stripes.

Even still, KC/Buffalo is the best NFL matchup, especially with the contrasting pants. It's going to be a beautiful game.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I thought Buffalo would keep the white pants and blue socks for the AFC championship game but good thing I'm wrong. I'm not a fan of solid white socks in general and would've preferred the blue striped ones but at least they aren't keeping the solid blue socks for this week.

I can see both sides of the red vs white argument for Buffalo. Red is more distinctive to them specifically, but the streak blends in with the helmet. White is less unique, but the logo is clear and IMO it fits their old school classic look better than red would. Overall I think I'll have to give the slight edge to white, but the Bills could announce they're bringing back red tomorrow and I wouldn't hate it at all.

ExJworW.png

14 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I can see both sides of the red vs white argument for Buffalo. Red is more distinctive to them specifically, but the streak blends in with the helmet. White is less unique, but the logo is clear and IMO it fits their old school classic look better than red would. Overall I think I'll have to give the slight edge to white, but the Bills could announce they're bringing back red tomorrow and I wouldn't hate it at all.

Couldn't agree with this more. 

I have no real animosity toward the Super Bowl-era Bills look, but even back then, as a teenager, I remember seeing old football cards of Joe Cribbs or Joe Ferguson and thinking that white helmet/blue pants look was superior. There's nothing outright offending about the 80s/90s look, but it's also pretty easy to critique: the red streak issue that's already been mentioned, a jersey style only slightly distinguishable from the Giants, and I always disliked the typeface used on the jersey nameplates. Can't put my finger on it, but it always seemed off or slightly cartoonish. Maybe it's just me.  

Some good posts here. 
The white helmet definitely makes the logo stand out better.But call it childhood nostalgic, I miss the hell out of that red helmet.

It was distinct and you always knew it was the Bills. They owned that unique look. 

I don’t mind ugly uniforms sometimes if they are unique. I find the Seahawks mono disasters hideous. But they get points from me for being unique. Even if other teams jumped on the navy mono bandwagon.

8 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

The current uniforms minus navy blue and plus red helmets and socks would probably be the best combination of eras IMO. Basically every Bills concept I've ever done has been based on that idea.

I've not seen it here, but I'd be curious to see what a red helmet looked like with a white buffalo with a blue streak. I'm guessing it's a terrible idea, but for the sake of this debate, it's something to consider. 

39 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I've not seen it here, but I'd be curious to see what a red helmet looked like with a white buffalo with a blue streak. I'm guessing it's a terrible idea, but for the sake of this debate, it's something to consider. 

Garbage quality created on my phone.

spacer.png

Archived