2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Cujo said:

They league allowed the Rams alts in SB53.

The league nixed the 49ers alts in SB54.

I don't foresee the Bucs requesting to wear their dogsh1t pewter alts in SB55.

Incorrect about former, correct about the latter. The league put the kibosh last year on letting the niners wear the all whites, same with the Saints last year and their white throwbackish.

In regards to the rams its been discussed here ad nauseum that the rams wore their current at the time Home uniform as the league had designated the throwback as their home the final couple seasons at the coliseum. Their alt that year was the yellow top.

2 minutes ago, cheo25 said:

Given the Chiefs beat the Bucs in Tampa with the Bucs wearing red at home, it would not surprise me to see the Bucs opt for white jerseys. The Bucs are 5-0 in white jerseys and pewter pants this season.

Bucs are also the first home team to make the super bowl so I would guess they would wear their home look of red/pewter. They also won their only super bowl in that combo as well.

5 minutes ago, cheo25 said:

Given the Chiefs beat the Bucs in Tampa with the Bucs wearing red at home, it would not surprise me to see the Bucs opt for white jerseys. The Bucs are 5-0 in white jerseys and pewter pants this season.

Would be pretty ridic to be the first ever home team to play in the Supe and settle on road unis

6uXNWAo.png

What color end zones do you think the teams are rolling with. I think Bucs go red with a black wordmark and Chiefs will probably stick with yellow just like last year. Hopefully chiefs in yellow end zones helps with what will be a red-heavy game. Also I’m curious to see what shade of red the Bucs end zones will be. They used a brighter red during the alarm clock era, but switched back to their unique darker shade with the rebrand last year.spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Incorrect about former, correct about the latter. The league put the kibosh last year on letting the niners wear the all whites, same with the Saints last year and their white throwbackish.

In regards to the rams its been discussed here ad nauseum that the rams wore their current at the time Home uniform as the league had designated the throwback as their home the final couple seasons at the coliseum. Their alt that year was the yellow top.

I stand corrected. (boy, i do NOT miss the identity crisis the Rams were going thru 2016-19)

But still, I don't think pewter unis are anything we need to worry about.

6uXNWAo.png

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

I stand corrected. (boy, i do NOT miss the identity crisis the Rams were going thru 2016-19)

But still, I don't think pewter unis are anything we need to worry about.

The rams during that time should never have ditched the gold. Had they just gone back to wearing navy over gold at home it would have looked fine. But they had to add white and navy pants and then the white horns and facemasks. Just looked stupid. 

Honestly I would take that identity crisis over the trash they where now.

Last year we had to listen to two weeks of complants about the fact that both teams coincidentally wore red, and weird theories/ideas about how they should avoid just wearing their uniforms.

It's the Superbowl. The home team should wear their primary home uniform and they road team should wear their primary road uniform. Whoever wins needs to look like themselves while doing it.  Nothing else is as important as that.

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Last year we had to listen to two weeks of complants about the fact that both teams coincidentally wore red, and weird theories/ideas about how they should avoid just wearing their uniforms.

It's the Superbowl. The home team should wear their primary home uniform and they road team should wear their primary road uniform. Whoever wins needs to look like themselves while doing it.  Nothing else is as important as that.

When teams go WAH we have to hear people complain about it. 

13 hours ago, Cujo said:

Would be pretty ridic to be the first ever home team to play in the Supe and settle on road unis

6 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Actually the Buccs this year didn't have a real designated home top.  They wore white for 3 games, red for 3 games, and then the pewter for 2 games.

So really it's fair to question what they end up going with because they didn't really have specific home uniform.

I know it doesn't matter for this year because both teams wear red and the Bucs are playing in their home stadium but the super bowl should have both teams in their home colors if possible because it's supposed to be a neutral game on a neutral site.

I got some strange thoughts here but Tampa Bay got some options to weight here.

For wearing red:

-Won last Super Bowl in red.

-First super bowl team to play in their own stadium for the super bowl.

For wearing white:

-Won last two playoff games in white.

-Remember that Tom Brady wears white in Super Bowls and usually wins?

Yeah but seriously, they should go with the red jersey.

It's Me

1 hour ago, GoHawks said:

the super bowl should have both teams in their home colors if possible because it's supposed to be a neutral game on a neutral site.

It's been 54 years and no one has complained about home and road jerseys. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived