2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

35 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Is there rhyme or reason to which endzone goes to the AFC team and which goes to the NFC? I'm looking at past Super Bowl fields and it seems either random or chosen by the teams themselves. I would have liked to see KC's endzone on the opposite end this year, rather than the same as last year

Just move around and look at it from the other side.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ManillaToad said:

Is there rhyme or reason to which endzone goes to the AFC team and which goes to the NFC? I'm looking at past Super Bowl fields and it seems either random or chosen by the teams themselves. I would have liked to see KC's endzone on the opposite end this year, rather than the same as last year

Maybe not. Maybe it's random like a coin toss to determine it. 

Go A's!

54 minutes ago, dont care said:

I just don’t see what the issue is. Does it matter as your watching the game? Does it being on the other side change the experience to you?

It changes the experience aesthetically, yes. Sort of makes it blend in with last year's setup. Do I actually care? Nah not really

52 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

It changes the experience aesthetically, yes. Sort of makes it blend in with last year's setup. Do I actually care? Nah not really

I think you kinda do. Just a lil. Lol.

I looked it up looks like the first 4 had nfl/c on the left and afl/c on the right. Starting with superbowl V they alternated until XLIV. XLV had conferences on same sides prior year and then alternated after then til LI. Since then AFC has been on left and NFC on right the reverse of the first 4.

1 hour ago, GoHawks said:

Shouldn't the end zone on the right (from the broadcast view) be the one that has the "home" teams logo. Usually the home team is on the right and away team on the left so no idea why that wouldn't carry over to end zones.

Well that’s how it will be because we are looking at the field from the opposite of the broadcast view (look at the NFL logo and super bowl logos)

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Well that’s how it will be because we are looking at the field from the opposite of the broadcast view (look at the NFL logo and super bowl logos)

Yeah but last year the 49ers were on the right side as well so I'm guessing NFC is on the right and AFC on the left or it could just be completely random who knows

This is a proper Super Bowl endzone:

spacer.png

Workmark centered in between a team logo and a conference logo, with the added symmetry in both being helmet logos at that

This:

spacer.png

This whole thing about having a single logo and having off-centered end zone wordmarks is absolutely lazy and something the NFL should've fixed years ago. I don't know how they think this looks better. Stick a conference logo, a Lombardi Trophy logo, two team logos facing towards each other, I don't care...anything that looks more symmetrical than this crap. Every endzone in the NFL has centered wordmarks except for the Super Bowl endzones. Makes zero sense.

spacer.png

Between the off-centered end zone wordmarks and the lack of accents (outlines on the field numbers, 50-yard line, etc), this is the worst, most lifeless era of Super Bowl field designs ever. The fields now just look so unfinished.

As for the end zones, you’d have thought multiple appearances by teams with arched wordmarks (Patriots, Eagles) would hammer home how bad the off-center wordmarks are, but apparently not.

It’s been longer than I thought, but yes, number outlines (and even more so, color accents along the 20s and 50) used to be a thing.

http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/controller/controller.php?action=super-bowls

Is it possible that we still get some extra pizzazz on this year’s field? Sure, but they’ve been rolling with this same drab template for 6 years now, so I wouldn’t bet on anything exciting.

Chiefs endzone is gorgeous. Bucs, not so much. Dark wordmark on a darkish red endzone does not look so good. Can barely read the wordmarking. 

Overall, the field - once again - is boring. Another year of the NFL being lazy and not creative. Its crazy how posters on this board can design a much better SB field.

Archived