2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

On 1/31/2021 at 10:48 AM, CitizenTino said:

It’s been longer than I thought, but yes, number outlines (and even more so, color accents along the 20s and 50) used to be a thing.

http://gridiron-uniforms.com/fields/controller/controller.php?action=super-bowls

Is it possible that we still get some extra pizzazz on this year’s field? Sure, but they’ve been rolling with this same drab template for 6 years now, so I wouldn’t bet on anything exciting.

It's weird. They sorta randomly did them and then randomly didn't, and then back again. The Patriots are probably to blame for the current endzone mess. Things were looking good with Team logo, Wordmark, Conference logo, and then the Pats changed their wordmark to the current with the logo under it. That year against Seattle had an uneven endzone because at the time they didn't have a non logo wordmark.

All they need to do is go back to Team logo, wordmark, conference logo and you're set.

16 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

Chiefs endzone is gorgeous. Bucs, not so much. Dark wordmark on a darkish red endzone does not look so good. Can barely read the wordmarking. 

Overall, the field - once again - is boring. Another year of the NFL being lazy and not creative. Its crazy how posters on this board can design a much better SB field.

Just out of curiosity, what would qualify as a better looking, more creative field? (I ask because this field seems pretty standard when compared to the rest; not really any less "creative".)

3 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Just out of curiosity, what would qualify as a better looking, more creative field? (I ask because this field seems pretty standard when compared to the rest; not really any less "creative".)

A centered wordmark with either the helmet or the conference logo on the other sides, and a non-templated SB logo, ya know, like we had for over 45 years.

1 minute ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Being standard means it’s not creative. It’s the same thing every year just different endzones. We aren’t saying “go crazy”, just change up the design each year. Put the Super Bowl logo at the 50, put helmet logos on the 20’s, outline the lines, put conference logos in the end zone. Don’t do all at once but pick a few of them each year to use and change it up each year so the field doesn’t look so sterile and corporate as it is now. Make it feel special.

3 hours ago, dont care said:

Being standard means it’s not creative. It’s the same thing every year just different endzones. We aren’t saying “go crazy”, just change up the design each year. Put the Super Bowl logo at the 50, put helmet logos on the 20’s, outline the lines, put conference logos in the end zone. Don’t do all at once but pick a few of them each year to use and change it up each year so the field doesn’t look so sterile and corporate as it is now. Make it feel special.

The shield has only not been on the 50 for 11 of the championships.  And the actual super bowl logo was only at the 50 for 8 of those. 

I'm fine with the shield being at the 50. Endzones need to go back to centered wordmark with conference logo and team logo flanking. 

And bring back game specific logos. 

1 minute ago, GoHawks said:

I hate how the Bucs are emphasizing red instead of pewter when the Chiefs are the team wearing red. 

Has TB ever had a pewter endzone? I'm honestly not sure, but I don't think so. Pewter endzone would look terrible. 

1 hour ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Has TB ever had a pewter endzone? I'm honestly not sure, but I don't think so. Pewter endzone would look terrible. 

They never have. But if they did, this is what it would look like according to their style guide 

3135_tampa_bay_buccaneers-wordmark-2020.

1 hour ago, phutmasterflex said:

They never have. But if they did, this is what it would look like according to their style guide 

3135_tampa_bay_buccaneers-wordmark-2020.

Not terrible for digital use, but I don't think it would translate well on field. 

Actually the more I look at it the worse it gets. 

45 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

They would really have to brighten up the red and white (whatever color that is) or else it would look really drab 

I feel like what they have is pretty drab. The red endzone is nice but the pewter font doesn't really pop the way the Chiefs wordmark does. 

Buccaneers looks muddled while the logo blends in, not great execution.

• TBGKon locked this topic