canzman

2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

On 2/2/2021 at 1:56 AM, rainmaker17 said:

Does anyone know the story behind the weird artwork for this game?

Clarification please?  What artwork are your referencing?

On 2/3/2021 at 12:40 PM, GoHawks said:

I hate how the Bucs are emphasizing red instead of pewter when the Chiefs are the team wearing red. 

Almost exact situation as last year. Was hoping for red Chief's end Zone this year.  

On 2/1/2021 at 5:57 PM, RayFinkle said:

Chiefs endzone is gorgeous. Bucs, not so much. Dark wordmark on a darkish red endzone does not look so good. Can barely read the wordmarking. 

Overall, the field - once again - is boring. Another year of the NFL being lazy and not creative. Its crazy how posters on this board can design a much better SB field.

I really miss the red and blue conference logos. That used to be the focus.  Battle between champions.   

I don't have an image, but it's like a wavy/cloudy backdrop. The game logo itself is weathered looking and the pennant I just received is even more so, kind of an earthy almost blacksmith vibe. I just wondered what the backstory is. The logos have become so predictable, the ideas they come up with for the secondary interest me a lot more. 

2 hours ago, crosfam said:

Almost exact situation as last year. Was hoping for red Chief's end Zone this year.  

Since The Bucs endzone is red, no way does the NFL want 2 same colored endzones. 

I know a pewter endzone was talked about earlier (which The Bucs have never used), but have they ever used any color other than red for their endzone? 

4 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

Since The Bucs endzone is red, no way does the NFL want 2 same colored endzones. 

I know a pewter endzone was talked about earlier (which The Bucs have never used), but have they ever used any color other than red for their endzone? 

They have previously done same colored endzones multiple times including double yellow endzones. So they've never shyed away from it. However the chiefs have always gone yellow endzone In the Super Bowl no reason to change that.

18 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

It really bothers me how low that Bucs logo is on that helmet. That can't be right.

That's a retail helmet, not a team-prepped helmet. For whatever reason, Riddell's retail helmets still have the decals at pre-2020 height. 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers New 2020 SPEED Riddell Full Size Replica Football Helmet

On 2/5/2021 at 2:02 AM, AustinFromBoston said:

Huh?? Look at all the recent blue vs blue endzones.

Please dont give the NFL credit. They dont care if the endzones are the same color. They are not that smart or creative enough. There is a boring bland drab field template they are following, endzone colors be damned.

1 minute ago, RayFinkle said:

Huh?? Look at all the recent blue vs blue endzones.

Please dont give the NFL credit. They dont care if the endzones are the same color. They are not that smart or creative enough. There is a boring bland drab field template they are following, endzone colors be damned.

The Chiefs chose yellow end zones, for every time they’ve been in the ‘Bowl, both 60 years ago and last year, they had yellow endzones.

The only thing I wish was we had 25 yard line logos of the teams' helmets a la the classic days. And the super bowl logo at midfield, not the NFL shield. (although that requires creative designs which we know are done)

46 minutes ago, Primzahl said:

Has the logo for Super Bowl LVI leaked yet?

Same question I have. Previously has been leaked through the Super Bowl game day program so we should be seeing it soon, likely today. 

This is a damn good looking game. Field is in perfect shape, new CBS scorebug looks fantastic, and the uniforms are top notch.

I’m not really sure where this opinion lands on the scale of popular to unpopular, but I think I like the Bucs’ whites better than the red. Both look beautiful, but idk, the white jersey over pewter pants just looks so damn good to me

3 hours ago, flyersfan said:

The only thing I wish was we had 25 yard line logos of the teams' helmets a la the classic days. And the super bowl logo at midfield, not the NFL shield. (although that requires creative designs which we know are done)

SB logo was only on the 50 at 8 previous superbowls. So really the shield at midfield is the way to go.

So I'm guessing the Bucs will be going WAH a lot next season including the playoffs 

20 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

So I'm guessing the Bucs will be going WAH a lot next season including the playoffs 

Maybe daytime games in September or October. I don't think they'll do it in the Thursday night opener. Plus, they'll need to get some red or pewter games in there in order to market and sell those jerseys more.

20 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

SB logo was only on the 50 at 8 previous superbowls. So really the shield at midfield is the way to go.

Some variety wouldn’t be bad to have

On 2/7/2021 at 10:54 PM, gothedistance said:

Maybe daytime games in September or October. I don't think they'll do it in the Thursday night opener. Plus, they'll need to get some red or pewter games in there in order to market and sell those jerseys more.

I fully expect the bucs to open next season looking like the way they ended this season.  Would like to see a little red on white next year when they do wear red.

1 hour ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

I fully expect the bucs to open next season looking like the way they ended this season.  Would like to see a little red on white next year when they do wear red.

Back when they first went to red and pewter, red over white was common.  I liked that look the best.  I still think they could pull off a 2nd alt. Creamsicle. orange with white numbers trimmed in red and pewter. Worn with the  white pants.  Even with the pewter helm.