canzman

2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

5 hours ago, Froob said:

It looks like Dallas is playing an arena league team.

That’s an insult to arena league teams. 

After week 1 no more Cowboys navy blue. That's it. Unless Dallas plays a road playoff game with the host team forcing them in those jerseys. I also wonder why the Rams will wear bone again at home, when they play the Jets later this year. Probably has to do with the fact that they'll wear their royal blue twice on the road at Miami and Buffalo. I guess they want to even it out between the two pair of uniforms.

Arizona seems to like the red pants. I think they'll wear the all red at Dallas, seeing how they went monochrome at Tampa last year.

How good to see Seattle in white pants again. I think they wanted to avoid too much darkness with the Falcons, so they omitted the navy pants.

It's also been a while since Detroit went with the all honolulu blue combo. 

Have the Saints casted away the gold pants? Will they ever wear black jerseys with the white pants?

The Washington Football Team makes me think of the USC Trojans when I see them.

Regular Season Week 2 (Part1)
Bengals @ Browns
foR2E16.jpgHQL1dYi.jpg
Falcons @ Cowboys

K6NwGgO.jpgTmPsf5m.jpg
Rams @ Eagles
fVIengn.pngJG7bFp3.jpg
Bills @ Dolphins
9qkLvF7.jpgUqP55yo.png
49ers @ Jets
sFdWl3N.jpgv9bsPxH.jpg
Vikings @ Colts
TBZWno7.jpgn8Qr4V5.jpg
Jaguars @ Titans
JRuQoCW.jpgoySlgrG.jpg
Giants @ Bears
eZahpal.jpgwExi5C7.jpg

Regular Season Week 2 (Part2)
Panthers @ Buccaneers
K7h6Qut.jpge0mQ0Un.jpg
Lions @ Packers
NhNpdhx.pngZQjaGho.jpg
Broncos @ Steelers
Dyq3Vpp.jpg2ltzsYo.jpg
Washington @ Cardinals
91HPqzF.jpgtgvB4eh.jpg
Chiefs @ Chargers
nnhWcYw.jpgfMtw8Cs.jpg
Ravens @ Texans
YxjzPJM.jpgad2cQo4.jpg
Patriots @ Seahawks
3PUi4nb.jpgLlJkzV6.jpg
Saints @ Raiders
cisbQCQ.pngLxMxSxd.jpg

On 9/11/2020 at 6:45 PM, ARTnSocal said:

You're seriously gonna compare the amount of sunlight that got into the old Houston Astrodome which opened in 1965 to the new SoFi Stadium with all the sunlight that goes thru that open air see-thru canopy?

Dude, you must be havin' a laff ... 🙄

spacer.png

spacer.png

Definition of dome (Merriam-Webster)

(Entry 1 of 2)

1archaic : a stately building : MANSION
2: a large hemispherical roof or ceiling
3: a natural formation or structure that resembles the dome or cupola of a building
4: a form of crystal composed of planes parallel to a lateral axis that meet above in a horizontal edge like a roof
5: an upward fold in rock whose sides dip uniformly in all directions
6: a roofed sports stadium
7: a person's head

Seems like year after year the Titans are projected to be in navy in their home opener on here, which is never the case. Don't see that changing this season. Just curious what this prediction is based on when they've consistently worn white at home in September.

5 hours ago, canzman said:

Chiefs @ Chargers
nnhWcYw.jpgdSPjT19.jpg

Man, this is gonna be an absolutely gorgeous matchup, regardless of whether the Chargers go with the gold or white pants. It’s a real shame that we won’t be seeing the powder blues against the Chiefs this year, though, with the Chargers going WAH this coming week and wearing white again in the return matchup at Arrowhead in Week 17.

5 hours ago, canzman said:
Falcons @ Cowboys
Ahj0Zon.jpg3R1mL8n.jpg

As much as I loathe the Cowboys home uniforms and how much Atlanta’s uniforms didn’t hit expectations, this is gonna be a damn good looking matchup.

Broncos going with throwback logo in the end zone this week without wearing color rush. Maybe that means they will change their uniforms in the near future and go back to that logo

On 9/12/2020 at 10:32 PM, Ark said:

I still think the worst thing about the new uniforms is the helmet being the same shade of blue as the jersey.

This is what the Rams should look like:

nfl_g_warner01_576.jpg

1075983266.jpg.0.jpg?w=640

I stand by this.

I see people in this thread saying the Rams look like an Arena league team or like they are wearing practice uniforms. Well I think this is a major reason why.

Navy over royal looks professional. 

23 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Pats-Seahawks is going to be very navy heavy. Oh boy. 

Essentially the same as NE at Sea in 2012 and SB 49, correct? 

Gonna say the Saints wear Color Rush in the first game in Vegas on Monday Night Football. Possibly again the following Week vs. Green Bay, similar to last season. Definitely at least one of these two games, since they'll be in black on Monday night in Week 5 at home.

1 hour ago, s3ahawkz said:

Broncos going with throwback logo in the end zone this week without wearing color rush. Maybe that means they will change their uniforms in the near future and go back to that logo

Even if they don't change back to it, the throwback logo in the endzone is a great way to honor that period of the team's history. I can think of a handful of teams who could incorporate past logos into their on-field branding

6 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Have the Saints casted away the gold pants? Will they ever wear black jerseys with the white pants?

I think so unfortunately. Black on white would at least be tolerable. Like Jags contrasting level tolerable.

Caught the pics of Browns vs. Ravens. That game looks beautiful, especially with proper Browns uniform and Raven's in the purple pants. I like peanut butter and jelly sammich game. 

19 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Man, I don't know. I like the way the Chargers look in photographs on my web browser, but it's way too much on my TV. Everything is just so bright. The bolt logo disappears on the helmets and from the traditional sideline view, I can't tell there are numbers there either.

I understand they people like the new Chargers set, but it's not for me. Just too much of too much.

Thank-you !!

I was beginning to think I was the only one to see it that way.  To me it was like an overdose of yellow.

The TV numbers on helmets should be black, the facemask gray (I'm sure many will disagree on that one), and why they changed to that number font instead of going back to the traditional block numbers that were on the AFL throwbacks that they wore in 2009 for AFL-50 Legacy, I have no idea. 

Had they done all that then the yellow pants would have stood out so much more.   Still an improvement from the 2010-2019 look when wearing powder blue. 

I'm glad that they at least moved the positioning of the lightning bolt on the jerseys back to where it was in the days of the AFL ...