2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not white pants by themselves but the fact the Jints took a classic asymmetrical uniform set with two constants and brought it to Cowboys levels of disconnectedness. The moment that everybody turned on the white pants was when they started wear it permanently at home instead of an once-twice a season alternate which is what it was.

9 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

I think Chargers will go all white this week and Titans will go WAH 

And the Titans will probably wear their tiresome navy pants with WAH. Makes me wonder if this scenario implies Jacksonville using one of their three allotments of teal?

8 minutes ago, PhlyBoy said:

I'm not sure if this is unpopular or not, but the Broncos' blue uniforms are lightyears ahead of the orange jerseys. It's not even close. 

The orange is just so overused and stale and doesn't work as a standard home jersey. If you were to ask 100 people who've never seen an NFL game if the navy or orange was Denver's home jersey, I'd bet at least 97 guess navy. It matches so much better than the orange set and it clashes so much better with all of their division rivals' uniforms.

13 minutes ago, PhlyBoy said:

I'm not sure if this is unpopular or not, but the Broncos' blue uniforms are lightyears ahead of the orange jerseys. It's not even close. 

If it's unpopular, I would say it's fairly close. Maybe it's because of the over saturation of dark colors (especially black), but the orange is so refreshing by comparison. What bothers me with the Broncos is how they go from being an orange team at home, to being a blue team on the road. I would really prefer if they had worn orange for this game since the Titans loaded up on as much navy as possible.

4 hours ago, Ashes of Astroworld said:

The moment that everybody turned on the white pants was when they started wear it permanently at home instead of an once-twice a season alternate which is what it was.

That wasn't really an alternate. Pants aren't decreed as alternates, the jerseys are. Teams can wear a particular pants as many times as they desire. 

1 hour ago, PhlyBoy said:

I thought the Broncos orange jerseys looked better under Reebok. Many teams looked better during the Reebok era.

9 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

What bothers me with the Broncos is how they go from being an orange team at home, to being a blue team on the road. 

That's been true of the Broncos since the 70's.  I'm fine with the blue helmet/ orange jersey/ white pants at home, and blue and white on the road. That's just the Broncos. I'm just tired of this particular uniform. A refresh is in desperate need.

10 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

The orange is just so overused and stale and doesn't work as a standard home jersey. If you were to ask 100 people who've never seen an NFL game if the navy or orange was Denver's home jersey, I'd bet at least 97 guess navy. It matches so much better than the orange set and it clashes so much better with all of their division rivals' uniforms.

Not to get into the statistical weeds, but that guess changes considerably should the sample of 100 people include a majority of people who were conscious of football in the '70s and '80s. The Broncos were THE orange team -- the '78 Super Bowl team featured the Orange Crush defense -- until someone probably decided they were bad luck for John Elway and changed it up. ;)

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That's been true of the Broncos since the 70's.  I'm fine with the blue helmet/ orange jersey/ white pants at home, and blue and white on the road. That's just the Broncos. I'm just tired of this particular uniform. A refresh is in desperate need.

Yeah, but it bothered me then too. Well, not the 70's, but the early 90's. I wouldn't mind a refresh, but also I'm scared of one. I know the Browns and Buccaneers basically fixed their screwups, but I was also begging for a Titans refresh and then they ended up looking how they look now.

Quite frankly, I’d prefer if the Broncos stuck with what they have now forever. It’s a modern classic, associated with the high points of the franchise. Also, finally winning a Super Bowl in the first season of the “new” set helps their legacy (thanks to not wearing “blowout loss orange” jerseys). 

I too think Denver's uniform is a modern classic. The blue over white look from last night was refreshing to see again. I love the way the stylized stripe on the helmet, with three pieces, represents the three horse hair pieces from the logo. Love the way the white logo fits on the helmet shell, the way that white is balanced in the numerals and pants (when the pants are white). Even still love the big swoosh, because as far as I am concerned that's Denver's aesthetic and nobody else's, no matter how many imitations there were in the early 2000s. The uniform the Broncos wore last night is very good. 

23 hours ago, Ashes of Astroworld said:

Its not white pants by themselves but the fact the Jints took a classic asymmetrical uniform set with two constants and brought it to Cowboys levels of disconnectedness. The moment that everybody turned on the white pants was when they started wear it permanently at home instead of an once-twice a season alternate which is what it was.

How about just dump the grey pants and just use white home and away? Grey isn’t even in their logo or really even a part of their color scheme.

Archived