2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are absolutely fantastic! As long as the pants are all striped and contrasting socks are worn, the Browns are one of the few teams that can get away with using a number of different combinations. Brown over white and over orange look amazing, and white looks great with white, brown, or orange underneath! 

Without the silly all-brown Color Rush uniform, I think this is the best the Browns have ever looked.

4 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Just as I predicted, we're getting black on white vs. white on navy in Nashville.

The Jags love their precious teal too much to waste on a road game, unlike most teams and their alts (Panthers)

The Titans are obsessed with this terrible look because they had SOME success last postseason with it. Patiently waiting for them to lose so we can hopefully see the light blue pants come back.

Jacksonville might as well switch to teal as the primary color. Why do the Jaguars insist on the black being the main color, if they like the teal so much?

The Titans wore the light blue pants at Denver last year, in 2019, when they lost and at Carolina. Probably to separate and contrast. I think they wore the navy pants for the Broncos this time for better luck, which they won this time. I notice the all white combination is reserved for games played on turf. Maybe the Minnesota game is a good candidate for those to appear, if they stick to their pattern.

The AFC South is such a dark division when it really doesn't have to be. Tennessee should wear light blue instead of dark blue and Jacksonville should wear teal instead of black. I'd be a proponent of the Texans switching to red over navy as well. The division plays in the south, often in bright sun and in the heat. Why would you voluntarily pick darker colors? It makes no sense to me. 

2 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Jacksonville might as well switch to teal as the primary color. Why do the Jaguars insist on the black being the main color, if they like the teal so much?

The Titans wore the light blue pants at Denver last year, in 2019, when they lost and at Carolina. Probably to separate and contrast. I think they wore the navy pants for the Broncos this time for better luck, which they won this time. I notice the all white combination is reserved for games played on turf. Maybe the Minnesota game is a good candidate for those to appear, if they stick to their pattern.

I've heard the owner prefers black, but the fans want teal. Maybe it's an attempt at compromise? 

8 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I've heard the owner prefers black, but the fans want teal. Maybe it's an attempt at compromise? 

Black over teal should be the primary set. It gives us both what the owner wants (black jerseys) and what the fans want (more teal). Not to mention it's our best look. The teal pants bring out the teal accents in the jersey. 

USATSI_13851332.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

20 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

Black over teal should be the primary set. It gives us both what the owner wants (black jerseys) and what the fans want (more teal). Not to mention it's our best look. The teal pants bring out the teal accents in the jersey. 

USATSI_13851332.jpg

I'd feel more inclined to listen to what Khan says if he wasn't such a bad owner...

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

EDIT: Whoa, I haven't posted here since July 25th. Huh. On with the show!

On the Bengals, I've been thinking and saying this for a while. They are SO CLOSE, yet so far from a good, maybe even great uniform. It just takes a few tweaks to de-Reebok it.

(Beware. Long and very image-heavy post.)

The Bengals Uniform has two a redeeming qualities imo. The fact that the stripes were changed to sleeve caps, for a better look on modern fits, and having the option for Black or Orange socks. That't it. The rest is garbage. But... it can be changed into something good.

First, let's go through their Uniforms, as-is today.

White Jersey.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

It's not great, but it's not good. You have many questions right away. Why is there an Orange shoulder yolk? Why use barely legible drop-shadows? Why curve the stripes at the bottom? Very flawed. Flaws that hold it back from being "good."

Black Jersey.

Things get worse. For some reason, the Bengals and Reebok decided to add Side-Panels to the Colored jerseys for some reason. It's bad very bad. And the drop-shadow looks worse somehow.

Orange Jersey.

No. Just No. Orange is way too bring for Cincinnati, and looks like a highlighter. Add on all the other flaws listed earlier.

(Be glad I made sure to have contrasting socks for all of these. Same color socks-pants, plain white socks, and monochrome makes it look 100x worse)

All-in-all, a bad, dated, Uniform set in desperate need of change. Same with the Cardinals (we can get to them a different time.) BUT... there is a way to fix it. And it was born in 2016...

COLOR RUSH©️™️.

spacer.png

This is what made me and others realize that the Bengals uniforms weren't as bad as we thought, and were close to being redeemed. And it's painfully obvious when you strip away the Reebok-ness of the last one.

All the Bengals have to do is strip their uniform down to the basics, like the Color Rush, but different. The Color Rush shows that by having no Side Panels and using Block Font, it can be made good. 

By using the Color Rush for reference here are some changes to make. First, is remove the curve on the pants that comes to the front of the legs. Next is to switch out the custom Reebok font for Block Font like the CR, preferably with an outline like the nameplate to make it pop. Then, burn the White Socks forever. For Jersey specific, remove the Shoulder Yolk from the White, and the Side panels from the Black and Orange.

(Also, and this goes for everyone in the NFL. Socks and Pants should NEVER be the same color, unless it's white striped socks with white pants. I don't like it, but it has a historical precedence. Jerseys and Pants should never match but White-on-White)

da0Lbhs.png

2 hours ago, j'villejags said:

IMO the only Jacksonville combos should be black over teal, teal over white and white over teal.

The jersey numbers would look better with a contrasting outline and I'd like to see some gold somewhere a la the original set

--------

On the subject of the Titans which someone else brought up, I think they should really just stick to navy over columbia, white over columbia and occasionally throw in columbia over white. They have no need for navy pants since they have navy socks.

YVRMUBj.png

Archived