canzman

2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

Recommended Posts

https://twitter.com/FieldTurf/status/1269984917473185793?s=20

 

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Today we&#39;re focusing on the most important 20 yards at <a href="https://twitter.com/MetLifeStadium?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MetLifeStadium</a>ūüŹüÔłŹ. <a href="https://twitter.com/Giants?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Giants</a> &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/nyjets?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@nyjets</a> fans, say hello to your new end zones ūüŹąūüôĆ<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FieldTurfLovesNYNJ?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#FieldTurfLovesNYNJ</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NFL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Football?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Football</a> <a href="https://t.co/9zC4AIWl1C">pic.twitter.com/9zC4AIWl1C</a></p>&mdash; FieldTurf (@FieldTurf) <a href="https://twitter.com/FieldTurf/status/1269984917473185793?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2020 at 12:44 PM, goforbroke said:

https://twitter.com/FieldTurf/status/1269984917473185793?s=20

 


<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Today we&#39;re focusing on the most important 20 yards at <a href="https://twitter.com/MetLifeStadium?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MetLifeStadium</a>. <a href="https://twitter.com/Giants?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Giants</a> &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/nyjets?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@nyjets</a> fans, say hello to your new end zones <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FieldTurfLovesNYNJ?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#FieldTurfLovesNYNJ</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NFL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Football?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Football</a> <a href="https://t.co/9zC4AIWl1C">pic.twitter.com/9zC4AIWl1C</a></p>&mdash; FieldTurf (@FieldTurf) <a href="https://twitter.com/FieldTurf/status/1269984917473185793?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

 

Glad the Jets finally went back to green endzones. I am still waiting on when they can have personal logos at midfield though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2020 at 7:39 PM, heavybass said:

Hi there,

I'm new to this thread in general but look forward to what is to come.

 

This is super wholesome, upvoted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills Season Uniform Prediction

NYJ: White/White vs Green/White

at MIA: Blue/White vs White/White

LAR: Blue/White vs Bone/Bone (lol)

at LV: White/White vs Black/Silver

at TEN: Blue/White vs White/Navy

KC: Blue/Blue vs White/Red

at NYJ: White/Blue vs Green/Green

NE: Blue/White vs White/Navy

SEA: Throwback White vs Navy/Navy

at ARZ: White/Blue vs Red/White

LAC: Blue/White vs White/Yellow

at SF: Blue/White vs White throwback

PIT: Red/Red vs White/Yellow

at DEN: White/Blue vs Orange color rush

at NE: White/White vs Navy/Navy

MIA: Blue/Blue vs White/Aqua

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, aaa333bbb said:

Bills Season Uniform Prediction

NYJ: White/White vs Green/White

at MIA: Blue/White vs White/White

LAR: Blue/White vs Bone/Bone (lol)

at LV: White/White vs Black/Silver

at TEN: Blue/White vs White/Navy

KC: Blue/Blue vs White/Red

at NYJ: White/Blue vs Green/Green

NE: Blue/White vs White/Navy

SEA: Throwback White vs Navy/Navy

at ARZ: White/Blue vs Red/White

LAC: Blue/White vs White/Yellow

at SF: Blue/White vs White throwback

PIT: Red/Red vs White/Yellow

at DEN: White/Blue vs Orange color rush

at NE: White/White vs Navy/Navy

MIA: Blue/Blue vs White/Aqua

 

Thank you for acknowledging how weird it is writing "bone/bone." Gonna say TEN wears light blue for that Week 5 game this time, the Throwback comes a week earlier vs. NE, and San Francisco sticks with red and we get BUF in blue pants, which will make for a solid colorful Monday nighter. I agree with white in the opener and red for the Steelers game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2020 at 2:10 PM, Bruhammydude said:

I did a little slideshow of what the season looked like uniform-wise if each team wore the same combination as the previous year's game. Hard to explain, but here's an example.

I basically did that for all 32 NFL teams, home and away, and I made some adjustments so the teams with new uniforms would have them in my presentaion.

Check it out if you want to: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1PfM9tsERJXm6jaESwHgzswCLDMhOOyTRAi5ngqNljbg/edit?usp=sharing

This is incredible! Clearly some complications arise with all the new combos of the teams with new uniforms and with different primetime matchups, etc. but overall this is cool and I'm sure a good part of it will be accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 9:23 AM, NFLfan10 said:

This is incredible! Clearly some complications arise with all the new combos of the teams with new uniforms and with different primetime matchups, etc. but overall this is cool and I'm sure a good part of it will be accurate.

Quarantine boredom gets to me sometimes lol thanks for the nice words!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

Quarantine boredom gets to me sometimes lol thanks for the nice words!

I feel that! A couple things I was curious about:

Where are you getting Miami in throwback for Week 1 on the road? Last season they wore it at home in Week 2

Shouldn't Week 15 have Philly in green pants like last season?

How are that that many games with Dallas in Color Rush? Although it looks awesome paired up with Philly midnight green and I hope that actually happens for a change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 10:19 AM, NFLfan10 said:

 

Thank you for acknowledging how weird it is writing "bone/bone."


*copies and pastes lyrics to Bone Thugs-N-Harmony‚Äôs ‚ÄúBone, Bone, Bone‚ÄĚ*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2020 at 1:03 PM, NFLfan10 said:

I feel that! A couple things I was curious about:

Where are you getting Miami in throwback for Week 1 on the road? Last season they wore it at home in Week 2

Shouldn't Week 15 have Philly in green pants like last season?

How are that that many games with Dallas in Color Rush? Although it looks awesome paired up with Philly midnight green and I hope that actually happens for a change.

A: Miami wore the throwback for the 3rd away game last year (against the Steelers) but since the 3rd away game is at the 49ers and their white throwbacks, I swapped the all aqua and the throwback whites. A little confusing, but I know what I'm doing

B: I must of messed up there, I'm not perfect lol

C : Dallas didn't wear the standard away uniforms until Week 16 last year, the first time the wore white on the road was Color Rush against the Patriots, so all of the early road games are Color Rush because they were closer in the year to the Week 12 game vs New England compared to Week 16. Also helps that the Cowboys have my favorite color rush

D : I also added a couple color vs color games that I thought looked good, such as Rams blue vs 49ers red, and Chargers powder vs Broncos orange

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has there still not been a single uniform combination announced yet for this season? Obviously there is some uncertainty, but you'd think at least one team would've announced dates for alternates or throwbacks by now. I'm wondering if the schedule gets modified or pushed back if some teams will get more freedom with their jersey color choices down the road. 

 

I've heard some early weeks may be tacked on to the end of the schedule if there is a delayed start, which would be quite a curve ball if teams who normally wear white early in the season are instead playing those games in December or January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Has there still not been a single uniform combination announced yet for this season? Obviously there is some uncertainty, but you'd think at least one team would've announced dates for alternates or throwbacks by now. I'm wondering if the schedule gets modified or pushed back if some teams will get more freedom with their jersey color choices down the road. 

 

I've heard some early weeks may be tacked on to the end of the schedule if there is a delayed start, which would be quite a curve ball if teams who normally wear white early in the season are instead playing those games in December or January.

It’s not even July, uniform combos never come out this early, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noticed the Giants removed the NFC logo and replaced it with another NY logo. Not a fan of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t ask why, but was watching 1997 Bears-Lions the other day and love these Lions uniforms with the blue face mask. The use of white in this uniform is great as well

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate that the Patriots only have two options. Badly need Pat Patriot and/or silver pants in 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dont care said:

It’s not even July, uniform combos never come out this early, 

The Texans have released theirs as early as June 5. The Jets released their home game themes on June 12 last year. Giants and Bears have done it early some years. August is usually the big month, but I just don't understand that we have zero knowledge yet besides maybe Patriots home games since they only have one combo and don't do white at home anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mr. Krabs said:

I don't know how seriously to take this, but look at the order of the uniform graphics on the Jaguars Wikipedia page. Has that been switched?

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacksonville_Jaguars

Interesting catch, Eugene. I've pointed out before that the teal and black jerseys are basically worn the same amount anyway, so it's almost hard to tell which is which. The only time black feels like their standard jersey color is when they end up playing road games in it when their opponent wears white. This is becoming more common throughout the league with these relaxed jersey rules that have teams seemingly wearing a different combination every week.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2020 at 10:11 AM, NFLfan10 said:

Interesting catch. I've pointed out before that the teal and black jerseys are basically worn the same amount anyway, so it's almost hard to tell which is which. The only time black feels like their standard jersey color is when they end up playing road games in it when their opponent wears white. This is becoming more common throughout the league with these relaxed jersey rules that have teams seemingly wearing a different combination every week.

 

I've said before that they seem to be treating the black uniforms as 1A and the teal uniform as 1B. Maybe that confirms it/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2020 at 5:59 PM, Mr. Krabs said:

I don't know how seriously to take this, but look at the order of the uniform graphics on the Jaguars Wikipedia page. Has that been switched?

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacksonville_Jaguars

The guy who makes all of the uniforms on wikipedia is probably the least accurate person on the planet. Take his work with a heavy grain of salt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.