2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, sharplcd said:

How do you feel about the shoulder stripes being red/blue/red? It would be very awesome if there are some silver pants they’re keeping a secret as well. 

I’d like to see a mock up of just doing red/white/red, not sure how well it’d work. Blue/red/blue works better but the red/blue/red is great too.

I'd hope the Browns wear brown over white for this one. That would be a stunning matchup. Last season they didn't do white at home.

I may be in the minority, but the Chargers in white on white doesn't do it for me. Too plain. Needs more blue. Yellow pants add something, but blue pants would be ideal.

Gonna say Detroit definitely goes with blue pants. They seemed to alternate last season and didn't have any luck in grey pants this week or at Arizona last season.

After that pathetic choke job from Atlanta, we'd better see some white pants this week..

Looking through all of those uniforms, and Arizona is really out of place. They look like they're stuck in a difference decade than the rest of the league, and yeah I know it's because they are.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

16 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

The only reasoning I can see is the pewter colour would be treated in a way like the Seahawks Gray jerseys are?

I think it's more like Detroit's grey uniforms. They have been worn against both white jerseys and coloured jerseys so it's almost like a neutral colour (2017 and 2019 Chicago games are good examples of this, see: http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=head-to-head&team_id_a=CHI&team_id_b=DET). I like these colour vs colour match-ups, so I'm all for it.

3 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

3 weeks in a row? what is their problem

I have a friend that is a season ticket holder for the Falcons. When Atlanta released the new uniforms they informed season ticket holders what the prefered/most used combos would be. For the black jersey they stated all black was their prefered choice. While I am sure we may see some others it appears this is their go to for the black jersey. Similar to Seahawks all navy as their prefered option. Until I see or hear something different this will be my default when they are wearing black.

4 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I'd hope the Browns wear brown over white for this one. That would be a stunning matchup. Last season they didn't do white at home.

I may be in the minority, but the Chargers in white on white doesn't do it for me. Too plain. Needs more blue. Yellow pants add something, but blue pants would be ideal.

Gonna say Detroit definitely goes with blue pants. They seemed to alternate last season and didn't have any luck in grey pants this week or at Arizona last season.

After that pathetic choke job from Atlanta, we'd better see some white pants this week..

If the Browns do wear the white pants with the brown jerseys I just hope they do it right by not wearing solid white socks like some teams started doing last season.  If they don't change up and always wear the orange pants with the brown jerseys it's gonna devalue the nice look of it.  Gotta change up from time to time. 

For awhile in Week 1 Clevelands uni's looked so good and the socks were perfect for contrast.  Only thing missing was Brian Sipe playing QB.

The Chargers in white on white kina is too much white, but in 2009 when they wore all-white at KC for AFL-50 Legacy they looked outstanding.  Why??  I felt it was because of the solid black cleats w/ the black TV numbers on the helmets...  Also, I wish the Chargers had kept the TV numbers on the helmet black, just like they were back in the AFL years.  Not the best choice in using powder blue, and it's sure not too visible.

I'll get hell for saying this, but I like the facemasks better when they were gray, especially when wearing all-white. 

spacer.png

When the SD Chargers introduced the powder blues in 1966 along with the bright yellow pants it looked mighty fine, but after they dumped the powder blues in the mid-70's they had never had powder blue pants in their history with this uniform set of 2020.  I'm not sure if that would look good, but I'd be open to seeing the concept image of it..

Look at how much better the black cleats and black TV numbers look to bring out the full accent of their awsome AFL uniform look.

On another note, while glad they fixed the placement of the bolts on the jerseys I really wish they had gone back to the block numbers, just like we saw on the 1968 throwbacks they wore for NFL-75 in 1994 or in 2009 for those AFL Legacy games. 

and finally ...... ATL, those mono black uni's had nothing to do with gagging yet another game.  The blame strickly goes to the uneducated special-teams players on ATL who were standing around picking their nose waiting for the ball to go 10 yards when all they had to do was dive on the ball and it's game over and they'd leave Dallas with a 'W' in the standings. 

A certain special teams coach did not do his job coaching his players on what to do before that onside kick occured.  Funny, it brought back a very bad memory of mine from a certain 1999 season wildcard playoff game played in Nashville.  Special teams players should have been fiiercely instructed by the ST-Coach to STAY IN THEIR DAMN LANES and there never would have been that ridiculous Music City Miracle ...  

The NFL badly needs to go back to the sock rule they long had up until last season. 

Does Cleveland still wear white at home? Was last year against Tennessee and exception?

The Bucs pewter is closer to the Lions gray or whatever you want to call those. The Bucs pewter and Rams bone is going to be a mess, and I don't know how the league will allow that. I don't know how they allow teams to be in white when the Lions wear their color rush against them.

I think the Jags will wear teal for Miami. Jacksonville likes to get teal out of the way and reserves the black jerseys until November. 

I think Tennessee will wear the all white at Minnesota. They wore all white when they playing on turf in an indoors stadium; last year in Atlanta, at Dallas in 2018, and Houston in 2018 as well. Minnesota is a turf stadium.

The Lions might wear blue pants at Arizona this time. Especially for better luck. As for Arizona, will all red be their primary look? The Cardinals seem to like the red pants lately.

Buffalo is probably going to be in their normal whites. Not the throwbacks. The throwbacks usually aren't worn more than once, and when they appear twice, they're worn for a game at Miami. The Rams are probably going to go with the yellow pants, because it could still be warm in Buffalo this time of the year.

Chargers will probably go with yellow pants this time when playing the Panthers. There's going to be too much blue with the two teams if they don't.

59 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Does Cleveland still wear white at home? Was last year against Tennessee and exception?

New set so not sure. Last year being the final year of the previous and them getting special permission from the league to change the color rush to the primary home is probably why they didn't use white at home at all.

They haven't used the white yet and with week 4 on the road at Dallas they will be in brown and week 5 is home but a latter kick-off so wearing white doesn't make as much sense so I was rolling the dice thinking they might want the fans to see the white in action. If they don't wear white week 3 we likely won't see white until week 6.

14 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

I think Tennessee will wear the all white at Minnesota. They wore all white when they playing on turf in an indoors stadium; last year in Atlanta, at Dallas in 2018, and Houston in 2018 as well. Minnesota is a turf stadium.

This is an interesting observation, but I'd say it's most likely a coincidence. They played at Houston last season and wore navy pants. They've played at Indy a couple times in navy bottoms. Sadly, they'll most likely stick with the navy pants until they lose, even though they did lose at KC in the playoffs.

Archived