2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

17 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

based on what happened last week in Dallas, they should never wear that combination again. 

I don't really get the superstition of uniforms being associated with a bad game (or a good one for that matter). If I have a terrible day, I'm not going to throw away the shirt I was wearing. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, gothedistance said:

When the NFL started to allow teams (in 2018) to wear alternates 3 times, and two alternates, how come they have allowed some teams to go beyond the limit? The Ravens and Seahawks were allowed to wear alternates 4 times. The Jaguars got wear the teal 5 times in 2018 and 2019, 3 in the regular season, and two in the preseason. Yet the 49ers and Saints were not allowed to wear their alternate, color rush, or whatever you want to call them, in the postseason? I don't get this.

The preseason is a separate count, in order to wear alternates in the playoffs all it takes is the team to submit a waiver to the league to wear them like the chargers did a number of years ago. The saints and 49ers choosing not to submit the waiver is on them.

GUD lists Green Bay and Washington in white, but I don't see anywhere where that has been confirmed. I think there's a shot both teams they're visiting could be in white (Browns and Saints). This site has already been wrong a few times this season. Had SF in white last week, for instance.

I noticed Philly's Twitter avatar has a black background. Not sure if it's always like this, but it could indicate that they'll wear black way earlier than usual. Hoping this isn't the case and we see the midnight green clash with Cincy's black and orange.

1 hour ago, NeauXone said:

At the moment the Jaguars have only white and black socks, unless they showed them somewhere else.

I would prefer black socks. In fact, the black socks with the teal piping too, not the full black ones they have been wearing lately. 

When they unveiled this uniform set, teal socks were an option along with their standard black/teal socks. 

EijEW5eVkAEaUfA?format=jpg&name=large

EijEXIeU4AABIe8?format=jpg&name=large

Go A's!

1 hour ago, aaa333bbb said:

Bills will be in their regular white jerseys, white pants and all white socks at home this week vs the Rams, not the throwbacks as some may have speculated. First time with this set they have worn the road white jersey at home more than once in the regular season. 

This is ridiculous. The league needs to intervene and stop letting teams wear white at home so much for no reason. Between this, the throwback, the Color Rush, and the all blue, we'll be lucky to see their regular blue on white more than twice.

1 hour ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

And now we await gameday for the pants....

I'm not sure which pants to expect.  All black in prime time has been pretty common over the years, but they wore black jerseys/white pants against the Pats on SNF last year.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

15 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

I'm not sure which pants to expect.  All black in prime time has been pretty common over the years, but they wore black jerseys/white pants against the Pats on SNF last year.

They did go all-black vs the Jets on TNF last year too. I think they should do go all-black against what I expect to be white jerseys/red pants from the Chiefs. That to me seems like a better matchup than the white pants paired with the black jerseys. Still dying to see them pair the purple pants again like back in 2018, but I'm not sure how soon we'll see it again, if at all.

And there is TNF at home vs the Cowboys right after Thanksgiving, so whatever pants isn't worn this Monday might be seen against the classic Dallas white or CR white uniform.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

I looked back on other games besides when the Titans got the current set in 2018. They wore all white with the previous set for a few games from 2014-2016. In 2014 Tennessee wore all white at the Colts and at Cincinnati. In 2015 they wore them when visiting the Jets. In 2016 they wore them at Houston. So it looks to me like the all white combination are reserved for games on an artificial turf. Who can blame them? White pants are more easy to stain than darker colors.

Besides Houston and Indianapolis, the other candidate for the all white to appear is at Baltimore. The Ravens very likely could wear black pants when the teams play. So Tennessee will want to wear pants that are contrasting, they've been good about this unlike some other teams.

Jacksonville's all teal is a welcome addition to the uniform combinations that have been displayed. Before now, it was only something you would see in Madden. Now we get to see it in the real life game.

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

I looked back on other games besides when the Titans got the current set in 2018. They wore all white with the previous set for a few games from 2014-2016. In 2014 Tennessee wore all white at the Colts and at Cincinnati. In 2015 they wore them when visiting the Jets. In 2016 they wore them at Houston. So it looks to me like the all white combination are reserved for games on an artificial turf. Who can blame them? White pants are more easy to stain than darker colors.

Besides Houston and Indianapolis, the other candidate for the all white to appear is at Baltimore. The Ravens very likely could wear black pants when the teams play. So Tennessee will want to wear pants that are contrasting, they've been good about this unlike some other teams.

Jacksonville's all teal is a welcome addition to the uniform combinations that have been displayed. Before now, it was only something you would see in Madden. Now we get to see it in the real life game.

Ravens play on natural grass now, not turf. So if white pants are turf only, then they won’t be in Baltimore 

17 hours ago, leopard88 said:

If I were a betting man, I'd put all of my chips on black. I know they have gone black over white in a few prime time games, but I feel as though most have been mono black.

Archived