2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

No. All white is much better. The Saints and Ravens looks get ruined when they choose the black pants & socks combo.

21 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I agree.  Both the all white and the all black are garbage looks, but the all black is just a slightly stinkier garbage.

The all-white is so devoid of anything distinctive. At least with the black pants, there’s some color contrast with the white jersey. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

6 minutes ago, Chawls said:

The all-white is so devoid of anything distinctive. At least with the black pants, there’s some color contrast with the white jersey. 

The black pants look could work with the late '90s gold stripe and if they also had contrasting socks.

spacer.png

But the leotard look with no striping pattern on the pants either? Black is my favorite color and I will generally endorse it's use, but I don't and won't in the Saints case. It's boring and actively not their best look.

The Saints might be the most frustrating uniform set in the league. When they wear gold pants or the color rush set, they are one of the NFL's best looking teams. Yet, more often than not, they wear all-black with pants that have no striping pattern, or all-white with pants that have no striping pattern. Or white-black with black socks creating the awful leotard look. It's really unfortunate. They're the person with an HD television that actively chooses to only watch the SD versions of the channels.

spacer.png

With how the 49ers have been using the 1972-2004 Wordmark in the end zone again, and around Levi’s Stadium, I’m expecting them to drop the 2005 Wordmark completely in 2022 (when they are eligible to change again. Remember they removed the truncated third stripe in 2017) and go with either a Wordmarkless jersey or add the ‘72 Wordmark in the same spot. 
If that does happen, they better re-add the third stripe since the 1994 Throwbacks prove they can have three stripes fit just fine on modern cuts.

da0Lbhs.png

6 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

They are scheduled to wear navy on the road week 17 at San Francisco. I hope they wear the grey pants in that game

Are the 49ers reserving the white color rush for that late? Is SF wearing them for Seattle like other teams who wear alternates against a division rival do?

Seattle has never worn white or gray pants since moving into Century Link Field. Save for preseason games from 2002-2003.

I noticed a couple Niners players had coloured chinstraps (well, not the straps, but the part that covers their chin) tonight. One was red and one was green. Is this related to the Crucial Catch campaign? Or is this something they’d get fined for?

2 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Are the 49ers reserving the white color rush for that late? Is SF wearing them for Seattle like other teams who wear alternates against a division rival do?

Seattle has never worn white or gray pants since moving into Century Link Field. Save for preseason games from 2002-2003.

49ers are wearing color rush for week 17 at home against the Seahawks but idk about what other games they are wearing em

That Eagles Steelers matchup looks stunning on here, but we all know Philly will continue to keep the green pants on the shelf for whatever reason, depriving us of another beautiful matchup. At least Miami and San Fran will be outstanding in my book. Even Cardinals Jets is interesting, assuming ARI wears red pants again.

19 hours ago, crosfam said:

I think if you must go all brown with bright orange numbers, stripeless is the way to go. I had assumed the others were popular just because the prior brown hone jerseys were so jarring, with broad stripes and drop shadow numbers. 

Just looks like practice jerseys. The consistent orange stripe pattern worked best. Too much brown now. 

16 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

The black pants look could work with the late '90s gold stripe and if they also had contrasting socks.

spacer.png

But the leotard look with no striping pattern on the pants either? Black is my favorite color and I will generally endorse it's use, but I don't and won't in the Saints case. It's boring and actively not their best look.

The Saints might be the most frustrating uniform set in the league. When they wear gold pants or the color rush set, they are one of the NFL's best looking teams. Yet, more often than not, they wear all-black with pants that have no striping pattern, or all-white with pants that have no striping pattern. Or white-black with black socks creating the awful leotard look. It's really unfortunate. They're the person with an HD television that actively chooses to only watch the SD versions of the channels.

The Saints just need a total redesign. Even the gold pants have the issue of a single-color pants stripe that doesn't match the helmet stripe. It's literally been that way since they brought the gold pants back in 1986! 34 years and they've never cared enough about how they look to fix something as simple as that.

The Saints are a bit like the Cowboys: they've managed to screw up a very basic uniform set to the point where it just looks sloppy.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Eagles probably will stick with white pants after winning this week. Ravens in all purple seems unlikely against the Bengals. I think Seahawks will wear navy pants for the game next week and then go all neon green for their Thursday night game against the Cardinals

47 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

Eagles probably will stick with white pants after winning this week. Ravens in all purple seems unlikely against the Bengals. I think Seahawks will wear navy pants for the game next week and then go all neon green for their Thursday night game against the Cardinals

I agree with everything except I wouldn't call it unlikely to see the Ravens in all purple considering they did it last year Week 4 vs. Cleveland. Wish the Hawks could switch it up and wear navy vs. Minnesota for a change. This is the third season in a row these teams have met in primetime with Seattle in green.

17 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

I agree with everything except I wouldn't call it unlikely to see the Ravens in all purple considering they did it last year Week 4 vs. Cleveland. Wish the Hawks could switch it up and wear navy vs. Minnesota for a change. This is the third season in a row these teams have met in primetime with Seattle in green.

Seattle likes to keep uniforms the same vs certain teams such as always wearing grey vs Arizona so I don't think this trend will change anytime soon

Now that the Browns’ primaries look like actual Browns uniforms again, I don’t have any use for the color rush, with or without stripes. 

Also, it remains bizarre to me that the Browns have leaned so heavily on stripes being the defining element of their visual identity, and their color rush set now has none. Maybe I’m just cynical, but it feels like the only reason you do that is for a merchandise cash grab—i.e. create a color rush jersey that is just different enough from the old one that fans will buy a new one.

Archived