2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Bengals in white on black at Baltimore for the 7th time in the past 8 seasons (lone exception being 2014 when Baltimore wore white at home in Week 1) They haven't worn white on white there since 2012.

The other time they wore all white at Baltimore was in 2006. Since Cincinnati's current uniforms came in 2004, the only time the all white was worn in Baltimore was those two years.

On the topic of the Bengals, I looked at photos of their old games during the Carson Palmer era. Their uniform looked better under Rebook than Nike. A lot of team's uniforms looked better during Rebook. I miss that era, looking back on it.

18 hours ago, aaa333bbb said:

If there is a game, the Bills will go White jersey, Blue Pants, Blue Socks in Nashville this Sunday vs the Titans.

Where did you see this? They usually report it on social media midweek but I couldn't find anything.

Update: They just confirmed this on Twitter. Nice to see Tennessee not in white vs. Buffalo for a change.

15 hours ago, gothedistance said:

When was the last time the Bucs wore white-on-white in Chicago? Was it when they were in the same division, the NFC Central?

IIRC back in those days the Bucs almost always wore pewter pants on the road. So I'm not sure if they ever wore white pants in Chicago pre-realignment or up until the 2014 rebrand for that matter.

ClAFLDa.png

The Patriots are back to the new home all blue unis this week, they only have 2. I'm really new to photoshop so this is a little rough but I feel like the New Patriots Uniforms are so close to perfection, I like how the jerseys harken back to the stripe pattern of the 1980s and 60's throwback, but I hate seeing mono chrome every single home game. A really easy tweak is to add white pants and change the helmet color to white and adding white pants.spacer.png Because these are minor tweaks and the rest of the uniform remains in tact I don't think it would violate the 5 year rule. I'm not sure though. I really want these to come to life I think it would be such and upgrade. They are more colorful and patriotic looking, it matches the new jersey better. The navy and white would contrast well and the red would pop in between these 2 colors. White helmet and pants combined with the new stripe pattern would complete the concept of combining the old 80's unis with the modern navy. It would also allow the Patriots to wear those throwbacks again without violating the helmet rule and add new combinations to the uniform giving them more variety through the season. These would be the 5 uniforms they would have in the set. Left to right: Home, Away, Color Rush, White Out, Throwback. spacer.png

What exactly is the philosophy behind the Bucs' lack of white over pewter the past couple of seasons? Anytime I see a snowflake emoji or comment about how "clean" the all white look is, I want to vomit. Why have a pewter helmet and then no other pewter elements below the neck? The lack of shiny Nike pant textures is a weak excuse. Tonight would be the perfect time to break out the pewter bottoms with Chicago also in white pants, but the team would rather keep posting promo images of players in red on pewter while wearing the same plain garbage week after week.

7 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

I wish the Bucs would realize how amazing white tops with pewter pants looks. 

Just came here to post something about this. I strongly dislike white pants vs white pants matchups as it is, but if you have another pants option in your set... USE THE DAMN THING!!

3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

What exactly is the philosophy behind the Bucs' lack of white over pewter the past couple of seasons? Anytime I see a snowflake emoji or comment about how "clean" the all white look is, I want to vomit. Why have a pewter helmet and then no other pewter elements below the neck? The lack of shiny Nike pant textures is a weak excuse. Tonight would be the perfect time to break out the pewter bottoms with Chicago also in white pants, but the team would rather keep posting promo images of players in red on pewter while wearing the same plain garbage week after week.

I’m fine with the all white early in the year but they outta wear white over pewter as the primary road look.

The all white look loses its pop when it’s worn all the time.

I don't mind the white on white for the Bucs. But I do agree that if the opponent also is wearing white pants, then the pewter pants is the way to go. 

If I had to make my rules for the Bucs, then it would be this:

White on white only for first home game. 

White on white only if opposing team is monochrome.

Red over white if Bucs are road team and opposing team is white on colored pants at home.

Red over pewter if Bucs are road team and opposing team is white on white at home. 

Red over pewter, white over pewter in all other circumstances. 

Go A's!

Archived