2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

25 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Maybe not uniform related, but it is player related. Justin Herbert is named the starting QB over Tyrod Taylor for the rest of the season. I'm pleased to hear this. Herbert will make the Chargers uniforms look better to see as opposed to if it was Taylor.

Uhhhhhhhh what does this mean?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, JayMac said:

White over white with a dark colored helmet almost never works as well as the pants being the same color as the helmet.

Possible Exceptions:

Broncos

Bears

Pre-2020 Falcons

Vikings

Seahawks (rare)

Texans

Eagles

Giants color rush

Jets

Chiefs

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm going to be the contrarian here.  I believe the Bucs look great in mono-white.  It is a very clean, sharp look, with the helmet and socks adding just the right amount of color.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The Buc in white on white with black socks reminds me of when the Eagles used to do this. The black socks just feel out of place with a different colored helmet and jersey numbers.

At least with the Winston era set they wore pewter socks and there was pewter on the shoulders. The "new" white on white set is just too plain and there are too many elements that don't feel connected with the rest of the uniform. 

On 10/6/2020 at 3:25 PM, NFLfan10 said:

Bengals in white on black at Baltimore for the 7th time in the past 8 seasons (lone exception being 2014 when Baltimore wore white at home in Week 1) They haven't worn white on white there since 2012.

The Bengals should go back to wearing their orange socks more often, especially with the black pants. I thought this was about as good of a look as possible for them @ Baltimore back in 2004:

https://youtu.be/V7x55gZ4N_k?t=93

That is also one of my favorite plays in Ravens history! Too bad the end result sucked thanks to a crazy Cincy comeback during the 4th quarter! Additionally, it is a shame the above video inexplicably left out Joe Flacco's 38-yard touchdown run during his 2008 rookie debut from that list of Top 10 all-time Ravens plays vs. Bengals, especially in favor of something lame like Travis Taylor's touchdown reception — as #5, at that!

10 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

It appears the Browns will have a 1A/1B situation with the white and orange pants at home, which I am perfectly fine with as long as they continue to choose good opponents for each.

Exactly how I was hoping they would handle it. Not making the orange exclusive to division opponents, but also not over-using them. So far, so good. With 8 home games, a 5-3 split in favor of white would be perfect. I'm hoping they wear them with the white tops on the road at least once as well.

4 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

The Buc in white on white with black socks reminds me of when the Eagles used to do this. The black socks just feel out of place with a different colored helmet and jersey numbers.

You are totally right eagles monochrome white is actually not bad. But the black socks work with home uniforms, mono black, and midnight green pants. Speaking of midnight green pants I really hope that the eagles will wear them more often at least 2-3 time each year. That’s not asking for too much.

49 minutes ago, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

That is also one of my favorite plays in Ravens history! Too bad the end result sucked thanks to a crazy Cincy comeback during the 4th quarter! Additionally, it is a shame the above video inexplicably left out Joe Flacco's 38-yard touchdown run during his 2008 rookie debut from that list of Top 10 all-time Ravens plays vs. Bengals, especially in favor of something lame like Travis Taylor's touchdown reception — as #5, at that!

I agree that Flacco's run should be in there somewhere . . . but pretty hard to argue with No. 1.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived