2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It still baffles me how not a single uniform combination has been announced for any game in a season that is *expected* to start in a month. Do teams just not care with the lack of fans in the stands or are they waiting for more clarity on that to announce any dates for throwbacks and alternates?

Makes me wonder if gimmicky, fan-based traditions like "whiteouts" will be scrapped this season by some clubs.

14 hours ago, tohasbo said:

The fact that Nike can't do (or won't do) a dazzle fabric nowadays still amazes me

It isn't just Nike, no other company produces dazzle fabric because from a playing standpoint the dazzle materials aren't up to snuff with the newer pants.

2 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

It isn't just Nike, no other company produces dazzle fabric because from a playing standpoint the dazzle materials aren't up to snuff with the newer pants.

It looks ugly, cheap and outdated compared to newer fabrics. I'm glad nobody is producing it anymore. 

On 8/5/2020 at 1:22 PM, VDizzle12 said:

It looks ugly, cheap and outdated compared to newer fabrics. I'm glad nobody is producing it anymore. 

So khaki or washed out gray colored materials are better?

On 8/4/2020 at 8:24 PM, throwmesomepics said:

Is it really silver though? Those pants look like a washed out shade of gray with the new nike material.

last year's return of "silver" pants were a terrible dull gray. i still prefer the original thigh stripes too.  the original tapered down to a point, the 2019 version bleed off below the knee cuffs.

sparkly silver to match the helmets, why change what worked? Panthers black over silver combo looks so sharp on TV.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

On 8/7/2020 at 2:50 PM, gothedistance said:

The Texans usually announce their home themes in July. It's past July and they haven't revealed their uniform choices. Most likely because of Covid-19.

At this point I'm convinced the league's allowing teams to select their jerseys the week of the game or something, maybe since teams may want to wait and save certain combos for if/when any fans are allowed.

Well nothing officially announce by anyone yet and no pre-season to talk about... might as well get week one up and start the discussion. Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me at least 24 hours from the completion of the game to make any corrections as I am normally not at a computer to make changes during the game itself.

Regular Season Week 1 (Part1)
Texans @ Chiefs
ad2cQo4.jpgnnhWcYw.jpg
Dolphins @ Patriots
gtmJnNc.pngdF9u0Y5.jpg
Packers @ Vikings
rNSrjlp.jpgVC46IU9.jpg
Seahawks @ Falcons
GNsnfyJ.jpgK6NwGgO.jpg
Raiders @ Panthers
LxMxSxd.jpg7MfLh0K.jpg
Colts @ Jaguars
n8Qr4V5.jpgMfta06o.jpg
Eagles @ Washington
911FTJH.jpg328NT7D.jpg
Jets @ Bills
AhBztJF.jpg53ERthD.jpg

The LA Rams boner uniforms looks especially bad when shown along with all the other teams white jerseys.  They are also bad with yellow rather than blue pants since the bone is kinda yellowy and clashes with them.  They should only wear the blue pants with those dumb jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

In the “things that don’t really matter but will bug me if it’s inconsistent” category, will the swoosh on the Colts pants be black now so that it matches the white jerseys?

4 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I feel like there was something in that Ram's reveal that stated that the only official combinations would be blue over blue, blue over yellow, and dishwater over dishwater. I could be wrong and/or misremembering.

You are misremembering. The official release states that all 3 pants are interchangeable with either jersey.

Think Tampa would go with pewter pants if the Saints wear white, which they usually do the first couple home games. But! Two years ago when TB/NO met week 1 in NOLA (when Fitzmagic carved them to pieces, hehe), the Saints wore the lovely and rarely-seen black/gold combo. But I doubt they do that this year because there is no god and they love the dreadful mono-black nonsense. In that case the Bucs will probably bring the default white/white look.

ClAFLDa.png

The Bucs and Rams haven't paired those jerseys/pants together in any photo shoots since the uniform releases. Don't see any chance of those happening.

The 1:00 games look spot-on aside from the Ravens, who'll probably continue wearing white at home for their opener.

3 hours ago, canzman said:

You are misremembering. The official release states that all 3 pants are interchangeable with either jersey.

Oh, good.  Glad to be wrong. I still think they'll unfortunately lean heavily into the monochrome, but it's nice to know that they're leaving some options open.

Archived