2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

I was a big defender of the Rams in the offseason, but now after seeing them trot out their worst combos week after week -- monochrome -- I'm less so. I think the bone looks good contrasted to blue pants, and the blue looks contrasted to yellow pants, but they continually do neither.

9 hours ago, gothedistance said:

The Broncos orange is a Reebok era made. The white and navy are of Nike when Nike was doing NFL uniforms the first time around. 

The Houston Texans would be Reebok too. But they do have a slight change under Nike.

The 49ers are another remaining Reebok designed team. And they had a slight change in 2017.

By Reebok-designed, I meant with all that superfluous piping. The Vikings, Falcons and Cardinals all unveiled pretty similar looks around the same time, but only the Cardinals remain. It can't be much longer?

The Bengals probably deserve to be in that category as well.

The Texans and 49ers do not, however. Texans went traditional and it's holding up just fine, and the 49ers reverted to their classic 80s look with minor template changes.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I was a big defender of the Rams in the offseason, but now after seeing them trot out their worst combos week after week -- monochrome -- I'm less so. I think the bone looks good contrasted to blue pants, and the blue looks contrasted to yellow pants, but they continually do neither.

By Reebok-designed, I meant with all that superfluous piping. The Vikings, Falcons and Cardinals all unveiled pretty similar looks around the same time, but only the Cardinals remain. It can't be much longer?

The Texans and 49ers do not, however. Texans went traditional and it's holding up just fine, and the 49ers reverted to their classic 80s look with minor template changes.

Well, reebok designed the Texans look which would definitely qualify them as a reebok look. While the 9ers did revert to a bastardized version of their classic look, that truncated weird 3 stripe thing they had cant be overlooked.

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

You said 2000s designed uniforms. Falcons in 2003, went from black to red shortly afterwards in 2004. Cardinals in 2005, still remains in 2020. Vikings in 2006, changed to the uniforms they have currently in 2013.

The Bengals current uniforms, excluding the color rush, is a Reebok era made uniform.

The Texans is Reebok, and have a tweak on the shoulders in Nike. The 49ers current uniform was made in 2009, during Reebok, and it's a more modern version of their dynasty run uniforms, and it went from 3 tone to 2 tones on the sleeves in the late 2010s.

18 minutes ago, kestrel79 said:

I really dig that all white Bengals look. I hope they kinda do what the Patriots did last year and update their unis based off the Color Rush uniforms. Just a couple tweaks to get some orange in there too and that's a solid set.

I think it’s a decent start; they do need more orange with the tiger stripes, but the basic idea is good indeed. I’d also - in addition - have the pants panel straighten out down the leg rather than taper, and get rid of the “B” under the collar. 

Also, get rid of the “B” altogether. The best logo the Bengals have ever had is the secondary/former primary bengal head, and it ought to be the primary again.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

The Rams new blue helmets are so gorgeous its criminal they for some reason decided to ruin the horn. They're the Rams, not the waves, or sunsets or fibonaccis. 

I also don't know who approved the shoulder design and white parts of the bone unifroms. The uniforms are bad enough being bone and mono, copy the sleeve design over from the blue jersey (just blue instead of yellow) and they're at least passable. If you do that and don't mess with the helmet horn, these aren't as terrible.

Despite some notable flaws, it’s absurd how much better the Rams’ blue/blue/yellow combo is than any other combo they have. I wish they could just wear that every single game, home and road, for the next five years until they’re eligible to change again. OR at least slowly phase out the bone uniform in favor of a white “alternate” that matches the style of the home uniform.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

10 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Steelers Titans was a fantastic looking matchup. Games like this make me wonder why in the world Tennessee prefers navy.  Should be interesting to see what combo they wear in Cincinnati in color. Last season they changed their mind three times about which pant color for their game at Indy in navy.

I think the owner(s) prefer navy blue to Columbia, so they emphasize navy as much as possible.

The only thing I thought I liked about the new Rams set was the colors. But I’m confident now that I can take that back, the blue is a few touches too bright, especially on the helmet, and the yellow is too close to highlighter yellow rather than gold like it should be.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

3 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

The only thing I thought I liked about the new Rams set was the colors. But I’m confident now that I can take that back, the blue is a few touches too bright, especially on the helmet, and the yellow is too close to highlighter yellow rather than gold like it should be.

The uniforms look like they're made of candy

While I think that overall the Rams had a major swing-and-miss with the new unis, I will say the blue jerseys over yellow pants is actually not *that* bad. In all honesty I think it’s solid color numbers away from looking really nice

12 hours ago, Froob said:

This Rams look is really nice. Not perfect because of the gradient but if Rams had a matching road set, the uniforms are really nice. 

I just plain disagree. They look good compared to all of the other garbage combos they have sent out there, but the colors are just too bright. And we have already gone over how crappy the other details are. I'll be honest, even though that set last night was better than the rest, it still is a disgrace for a franchise with a proud classic uniform history. They look like cheerleader uniforms. 

11 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Couldn't agree more about the highlighter yellow part. The pants definitely don't look gold enough.

Archived