2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

So are the Panthers blue color rush uniforms dead? I thought their color rush was kinda cool but I haven't seen them wear it for awhile

It seems like we've burned the blue pants, but the socks and jersey we've kept around, and for good reason. There's no need for blue pants, but there's every reason for blue socks.

the user formerly known as cdclt

34 minutes ago, QCS said:

It seems like we've burned the blue pants, but the socks and jersey we've kept around, and for good reason. There's no need for blue pants, but there's every reason for blue socks.

Well you use the blue socks for the road, with the blue alternatives and maybe for the mono black.

20 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I think it’s a decent start; they do need more orange with the tiger stripes, but the basic idea is good indeed. I’d also - in addition - have the pants panel straighten out down the leg rather than taper, and get rid of the “B” under the collar. 

Also, get rid of the “B” altogether. The best logo the Bengals have ever had is the secondary/former primary bengal head, and it ought to be the primary again.

I remember when the had the full bengal tiger at midfield and not the dumb B!

spacer.png

Sort of like the ravens have the shield instead of the bird head

spacer.png

having alternate logos at midfield is very cool in my opinion.

50 minutes ago, Phillyspecial2018 said:

Well you use the blue socks for the road, with the blue alternatives and maybe for the mono black.

Yep, blue socks are the only color we need. With no blue pants, there's no chance for a leotard look either, which is why we should get rid of the black socks ASAP.

the user formerly known as cdclt

5 hours ago, QCS said:

I completely disagree. I think black over blue should be the primary home look. I don't think it would look bad with the white jersey either. They've only ever worn them with the blue jerseys though, which was just too much. If it was up to me, their combinations would be like this:

Black over blue primary, sub in black pants a couple times a year

White jersey used with white pants, black pants, and blue pants basically equally

Blue over black for the alternate jersey (except for in away early season games where the opponent wears white at home, in which case white pants)

I would also love a blue helmet instead of silver. The only way that would happen though is if they also changed the jerseys, which would be a travesty.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

Carolina, in my opinion, needs a major upgrade. The look has not aged well, and does not look particularly good on the Vapor Untouchable templates, and the smaller fit doesn’t help the shoulder stripes. I think they could use a major modernization, and drop silver, which seems to be a color that is used less and less. This current set does not fit well with what the team wants to do uniform wise, and it needs to go. I don’t know if anything, save the logos, is salvageable. It is all so dated.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

3 hours ago, Phillyspecial2018 said:

They *should* use blue socks with the mono black, and in fact used to, but anymore pants and socks tend to be the same color way too often. Pet peeve of mine. 

28 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

Carolina, in my opinion, needs a major upgrade. The look has not aged well, and does not look particularly good on the Vapor Untouchable templates, and the smaller fit doesn’t help the shoulder stripes. I think they could use a major modernization, and drop silver, which seems to be a color that is used less and less. This current set does not fit well with what the team wants to do uniform wise, and it needs to go. I don’t know if anything, save the logos, is salvageable. It is all so dated.

I really hesitate at the idea of Carolina trying to modernize, more so than other franchises. There’s a lot of potential there to over-do it and go way too far. They certainly could get it right, but they could also blow it with a claw-slashed spacesuit. I’d much rather them simplify what they have than potentially over-modernize, dive too deep into a theme, and change again in 5 years after it’s outdated. That’s just me though.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I don’t think Carolina needs updating. Unique colors, good balance. What they need to do is adjust the tv numbers, don’t wear white-white so much and don’t wear the black socks with the black pants. If you ask for an update, what you’ll get is an oversized logo, chrome mask, black-black home with black socks and white-white road with white socks, some weird font and a blue jersey with gradient.

KISSwall09.jpg

Well, obviously, anyone who thinks the Panthers should do an update would like to see it go well.  No one is saying, "just update it, like the Rams and Falcons." 

I think their current look doesn't fit very well on the latest templates, and all you need to do is look at those comically tiny TV numbers to know it. Also, they're currently sabotaging themselves by insisting on the ugliest merry-go-round of stupid combinations. As long as the helmets remain silver (and they should) the Panthers best look by far will be black jerseys with silver pants. Every other dark jersey combination looks amateur. If they aren't interested in a redesign, they should just get rid of every pants option but silver.

I'd like to see them update by simplifying everything. Silver helmets, black jerseys, silver pants, black socks, keep the electric blue as an accent. Simplify.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Well, obviously, anyone who thinks the Panthers should do an update would like to see it go well.  No one is saying, "just update it, like the Rams and Falcons." 

I think their current look doesn't fit very well on the latest templates, and all you need to do is look at those comically tiny TV numbers to know it. Also, they're currently sabotaging themselves by insisting on the ugliest merry-go-round of stupid combinations. As long as the helmets remain silver (and they should) the Panthers best look by far will be black jerseys with silver pants. Every other dark jersey combination looks amateur. If they aren't interested in a redesign, they should just get rid of every pants option but silver.

I'd like to see them update by simplifying everything. Silver helmets, black jerseys, silver pants, black socks, keep the electric blue as an accent. Simplify.

I think this is their best look, but they've insisted on wearing that jersey with white or black pants instead of silver recently.

pvsdolkyttmkuy3tu4qf.jpg

They have to use the Panther blue more than just an accent color, otherwise they're practically going to be the Raiders with blue. One of their colors needs to be either reduced or gone and my vote is on silver.

1 hour ago, throwmesomepics said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG3OjWojRkJ/?igshid=g0qojc3bhv18

49ers wearing the all white throwbacks in Seattle this week.

The Seahawks already announced that they are wearing navy in San Francisco week 17. This means that the 49ers are wearing their color rush in both the games against the Seahawks this year which I hate. I don't want to see the same uniform matchup twice in the same season

8 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

I think the Carolina Panthers uniforms are good, but they're overrated.

2 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG3OjWojRkJ/?igshid=g0qojc3bhv18

49ers wearing the all white throwbacks in Seattle this week.

This might be unpopular but this set is easily the ugliest uniform they've ever worn. It was ugly when they originally wore it, and it's ugly now. I'm not sure why they insist on wearing it so much. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

38 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

The Seahawks already announced that they are wearing navy in San Francisco week 17. This means that the 49ers are wearing their color rush in both the games against the Seahawks this year which I hate. I don't want to see the same uniform matchup twice in the same season

With Seattle going mono navy week 8, I really hope they wear navy over grey in week 17

Archived