canzman

2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

This might be unpopular but this set is easily the ugliest uniform they've ever worn. It was ugly when they originally wore it, and it's ugly now. I'm not sure why they insist on wearing it so much. 


Easy: nostalgia cash-in. If they keep wearing them, they can keep selling them.

 

I’ve got a soft spot for that set, as the original was admittedly the uniform that kicked off my interest in sports uniforms altogether. That being said, I do think the r/b/r pants stripe (and the current iteration being worn with white socks) has always looked out of place and posed a problem. I think if the helmet and jersey were worn with thier regular gold pants and red socks with three white stripes, it’d be nearly perfect. And just to dream out loud, if they wanted to make a set out of that and a matching red jersey...I wouldn’t be mad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, s3ahawkz said:

The Seahawks already announced that they are wearing navy in San Francisco week 17. This means that the 49ers are wearing their color rush in both the games against the Seahawks this year which I hate. I don't want to see the same uniform matchup twice in the same season

This sums up why I absolutely despise when teams wear white at home. At least with division games we see them enough that it's not a big deal, but when it's interconference opponents, you don't get a chance to see the matchup for another 8 years unless the home team wears white at home again in 4 years or if the teams meet in the preseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like these Niners throwbacks. The only thing that sucks about them is the white socks instead of red socks.

 

But what is more baffling is why they chose this. I get that they want to hark back to the 1994 season and the uniforms they wore then. But the fans have wanted the red jerseys. Moreover, the two biggest wins for the team that season was with the red jersey. 

 

This is the third year the team has used these throwbacks (and in a sense put the black uniforms in the closet, which is good). But the red jerseys are clearly what the fans want to see and what works best for the nostalgia trip. I hope they do it next year but I have a bad feeling they might decide to either keep these white throwbacks are for some inexplicable reason bring back the black alts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

This might be unpopular but this set is easily the ugliest uniform they've ever worn. It was ugly when they originally wore it, and it's ugly now. I'm not sure why they insist on wearing it so much. 


So are we just gonna pretend this didn’t happen?

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:


So are we just gonna pretend this didn’t happen?

 

spacer.png

If only they were sensible enough to at least give the numbers a gold outline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

I like these Niners throwbacks. The only thing that sucks about them is the white socks instead of red socks.

 

But what is more baffling is why they chose this. I get that they want to hark back to the 1994 season and the uniforms they wore then. But the fans have wanted the red jerseys. Moreover, the two biggest wins for the team that season was with the red jersey. 

 

This is the third year the team has used these throwbacks (and in a sense put the black uniforms in the closet, which is good). But the red jerseys are clearly what the fans want to see and what works best for the nostalgia trip. I hope they do it next year but I have a bad feeling they might decide to either keep these white throwbacks are for some inexplicable reason bring back the black alts. 

They're going so hard with these because they also act as a monochrome uniform which apparently every team needs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:


So are we just gonna pretend this didn’t happen?

 

spacer.png

I’ll admit I forgot about this one, but don’t act like the ones I’m referring too also have unnecessary black in them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

This sums up why I absolutely despise when teams wear white at home. At least with division games we see them enough that it's not a big deal, but when it's interconference opponents, you don't get a chance to see the matchup for another 8 years unless the home team wears white at home again in 4 years or if the teams meet in the preseason.

Exactly. If I ran the NFL, teams would not be allowed to wear alternate uniforms or white at home against the opposite conference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phutmasterflex said:

I like these Niners throwbacks. The only thing that sucks about them is the white socks instead of red socks.

 

But what is more baffling is why they chose this. I get that they want to hark back to the 1994 season and the uniforms they wore then. But the fans have wanted the red jerseys. Moreover, the two biggest wins for the team that season was with the red jersey. 

 

This is the third year the team has used these throwbacks (and in a sense put the black uniforms in the closet, which is good). But the red jerseys are clearly what the fans want to see and what works best for the nostalgia trip. I hope they do it next year but I have a bad feeling they might decide to either keep these white throwbacks are for some inexplicable reason bring back the black alts. 

 

The reason they chose the white jersey instead of the red, and the reason they're going with the all white socks, is the same. They're doing both because this uniform is technically a color rush. Like the Giants and the Saints color rush, it's doing double duty, as both throwback and color rush. True, the red jersey would look nicer than the white, and both would look nicer with the proper socks. Since the whole color rush nonsense is supposedly dead they could make either or both of those changes and have a better look, but apparently they don't want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, throwmesomepics said:

Titans in navy over white at Cincinnati. Bills in Blue over white with the correct socks.

This is the first time in the regular season that the Titans wore navy with white pants. In 2018 they wore Columbia blue pants with the navy jerseys. But they love all navy so much it’s good we get a break. 

 

as fo the bills that’s good too stripped socks look nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people dislike white at home. Different strokes for different folks. I like WAH. It's great to see different combinations of uniforms for the fans of the home team. It gets boring seeing the same uniform or jerseys all the time IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Well, obviously, anyone who thinks the Panthers should do an update would like to see it go well.  No one is saying, "just update it, like the Rams and Falcons." 

 

I think their current look doesn't fit very well on the latest templates, and all you need to do is look at those comically tiny TV numbers to know it. Also, they're currently sabotaging themselves by insisting on the ugliest merry-go-round of stupid combinations. As long as the helmets remain silver (and they should) the Panthers best look by far will be black jerseys with silver pants. Every other dark jersey combination looks amateur. If they aren't interested in a redesign, they should just get rid of every pants option but silver.

 

I'd like to see them update by simplifying everything. Silver helmets, black jerseys, silver pants, black socks, keep the electric blue as an accent. Simplify.

But if they got new uniforms, what are the odds that they don't turn out like Atlanta, Rams, or Jacksonville? Maybe there's like a 10% chance they don't. There hasn't been a uniform unveiled in the NFL that I think are better than the Panthers' current uniforms in a long time. The Lions and Chargers are probably the only ones that are close under Nike, excluding reversions. I'd prefer a blue helmet and eliminating silver altogether but that won't happen without at least 5 years of garbage. So I say just appreciate what we have and stick with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Exactly. If I ran the NFL, teams would not be allowed to wear alternate uniforms or white at home against the opposite conference. 

If only management of NFL teams thought this way. In some cases alternates are okay in my opinion, depending on how good of a look it is and how closely it resembles the team's brand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

But if they got new uniforms, what are the odds that they don't turn out like Atlanta, Rams, or Jacksonville? Maybe there's like a 10% chance they don't. There hasn't been a uniform unveiled in the NFL that I think are better than the Panthers' current uniforms in a long time. The Lions and Chargers are probably the only ones that are close under Nike, excluding reversions. I'd prefer a blue helmet and eliminating silver altogether but that won't happen without at least 5 years of garbage. So I say just appreciate what we have and stick with them.

 

Well, obviously it's all a matter of opinion, but apparently you feel a lot better about the Panthers current uniforms than I do. As far as Nike era uniforms that are better than the Panthers, IMO the Vikings, Lions, Chargers, Browns 2, and Buccaneers 2 are all easily better (I'm not excluding reversions... why would I?), and I'd go as far as the Jets, Dolphins 2, and Jaguars 2 (the Jags suffer from the same problem as the Panthers... poor choices of combos) are at least on par.

 

It's funny that you say you think their uniforms are better than so many other teams, and then in the next breath, advocate dropping the silver completely and switching to a blue helmet, which is a much bigger change than I asked for. All I want is for them to revert to their original color system (silver over black over silver, with light blue trim), simplify the 90's era pointy stripes, and cut out the arena-league inspired combination carousel.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When worn right, the panthers have one of the best looks in the league. I think the only change that I’d realistically make is getting rid of the logo on the sleeves and moving the shoulder numbers there and dropping black pants (it seems like they’ve already dropped the blue ones so no change there.) I think saving the white pants for only the white uniform would be for the best too. They look the best in black over silver but blue over silver looks great as well. The worst look is blue over black, or black over white, but even those aren’t that awful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drop the silver.

 

HOME

White Helmet, Black Jersey, White Pants

 

ROAD

White Helmet, White Jersey, Black Pants

 

ALT

White Helmet, Blue Jersey, White Pants

 

THE END

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it a little odd that Steelers haven't said anything about color rush or their throwback.  They only have 4 home games left, normally they would have said something by now.  

Best guess would be CR against Ravens on Thanksgiving night, and throwback against Colts (although would be awesome if they wore throwbacks at Dallas in Week 9).spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be a huge unpopular opinion, but my favorite Panthers look is silver helmets, blue jerseys, and black pants. It's a really nice dosage of each color, and it's a light/medium/dark look that not really any other team can pull off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ninoners said:

I find it a little odd that Steelers haven't said anything about color rush or their throwback.  They only have 4 home games left, normally they would have said something by now.  

Best guess would be CR against Ravens on Thanksgiving night, and throwback against Colts (although would be awesome if they wore throwbacks at Dallas in Week 9).spacer.png

 

The visual re-match of three Super Bowl games? Yes please!! 

 

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=head-to-head&team_id_a=PIT&team_id_b=DAL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.