2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

Panthers in all-black this week, including socks, unfortunately.

I love using the black jersey and black pants, but the socks need to be blue for this to work. Frustratingly, people on Twitter are asking for a black helmet, which would look terrible. Blue helmet or bust!

the user formerly known as cdclt

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

Might be a huge unpopular opinion, but my favorite Panthers look is silver helmets, blue jerseys, and black pants. It's a really nice dosage of each color, and it's a light/medium/dark look that not really any other team can pull off.

Agree that this is far more interesting than the blue over white combo. That one just lacks the edge and personality that blue over black has. I don't see why they got rid of blue over silver in favor of white pants to begin with.

The NFC South essentially has 3 teams that wear black on black at home quite regularly, which is a disgrace. If the Panthers do end up scrapping the silver helmets if/when they redesign their unforms, it will almost definitely be a black helmet, which means we'll have yet another team in all black at home and likely all white on the road.

26 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Agree that this is far more interesting than the blue over white combo. That one just lacks the edge and personality that blue over black has. I don't see why they got rid of blue over silver in favor of white pants to begin with.

I agree

On 10/27/2020 at 6:57 PM, hormone said:

I don’t think Carolina needs updating. Unique colors, good balance. What they need to do is adjust the tv numbers, don’t wear white-white so much and don’t wear the black socks with the black pants. If you ask for an update, what you’ll get is an oversized logo, chrome mask, black-black home with black socks and white-white road with white socks, some weird font and a blue jersey with gradient.

Don't forget a giant CLT(or worse, CHA--looking at you, Hornets) on the front.

On 10/27/2020 at 3:43 PM, QCS said:

Yep, blue socks are the only color we need. With no blue pants, there's no chance for a leotard look either, which is why we should get rid of the black socks ASAP.

I think the black socks look good when the jerseys are black and the pants are still over. With white jerseys and silver pants (IMO they should kill the white pants) they look good with either blue or black socks. The only times they really NEED to wear blue socks are when the jersey is blue and when the pants are black. 

6 hours ago, QCS said:

I love using the black jersey and black pants, but the socks need to be blue for this to work. Frustratingly, people on Twitter are asking for a black helmet, which would look terrible. Blue helmet or bust!

Th Panthers have managed to turn a solid look into a clown show. Both they and the Jags got it right out the gate, but carolina has given into pressure to deviate from a good look. Go back to day one ish and they'll look good again.

21 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

Might be a huge unpopular opinion, but my favorite Panthers look is silver helmets, blue jerseys, and black pants. It's a really nice dosage of each color, and it's a light/medium/dark look that not really any other team can pull off.

For me, helmets, jerseys and pants being 3 different colors doesn't work unless either the jersey or pants are white.

9 hours ago, QCS said:

They used to always wear blue socks with these until the last 2 or 3 years, I don't get it. Is neck to toe black really more fire emoji than beautiful electric blue socks with it?

This is a good once or twice per year look.

8514513.jpg

This is always trash

1063287906.jpg.0.jpg

32 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Question is, are we ever going to get those red pants?

Honestly this was the perfect game to pull them out, given the colors involved. Such a shame that the (possibly) only time they go white over black is against a team that is also wearing black pants. 

15 minutes ago, Froob said:

I really like these Falcons unis. Wish they did the ATL smaller but man they are a big improvement. I like the helmet too, just wish they did something closer to the throwback logo.

They've grown on me, but the ATL across the front, silver facemask, and gradient jerseys (while not as bad as I thought they would be) are things that I may never get over.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Archived