2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a question regarding something in Madden 21. The slogans "End Racism", "It Takes All Of Us", and "Black Lives Matter". Are these going to be on the end zones and back of the helmet the whole run of the game? Will the people doing the game remove them down the line? I don't want to see them anymore.

Surging Miami Dolphins hold off the Arizona Cardinals: Recap, score, stats  and more - oregonlive.com

Am I the only person who thinks this is a solid look and is totally fine with the throwbacks being a special treat that we get a few times a year and can look forward to?

Look how excited everyone gets when they break them out. The novelty will wear off if they're worn every week. Their current, more modern identity is fine and the lighter aqua color works better in my opinion.

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

Here's a question regarding something in Madden 21. The slogans "End Racism", "It Takes All Of Us", and "Black Lives Matter". Are these going to be on the end zones and back of the helmet the whole run of the game? Will the people doing the game remove them down the line? I don't want to see them anymore.

Yes all of these will be on the end zones and helmets for the whole season

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

This has nothing to do with this thread, but I doubt the slogans are going away anytime soon. They will probably be in next year's game too. Sorry you don't like them.

ClAFLDa.png

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

Surging Miami Dolphins hold off the Arizona Cardinals: Recap, score, stats  and more - oregonlive.com

Am I the only person who thinks this is a solid look and is totally fine with the throwbacks being a special treat that we get a few times a year and can look forward to?

Look how excited everyone gets when they break them out. The novelty will wear off if they're worn every week. Their current, more modern identity is fine and the lighter aqua color works better in my opinion.

They're alright but it's nowhere near as good as the originals. It's not even close. That's not an insult to the current set but the throwbacks are the very definition of classic and iconic. In fact it'd be hard to think of an NFL identity/branding as good. The only one on the same level is the Raiders.

You're comparing a vague looking arguably toothpaste dolphin to the dolphin in helmet. 

3 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

I agree the current logo should more closely resemble the old one. The helmet and angry dolphin are way better, but the old logo style is a bit too vintage/outdated.

That's simply not possible. It's timelessly beautiful and will look great forever. The late 90's-2000's angry dolphin is the dated logo that clearly had a shelf life just like the current logo will.

Miami was wearing those old uniforms when they put together the only perfect season ever, when they were coached by the winningest head coach in history, and when they had one of the all time greatest QBs. There is absolutely no reason for the Dolphins to need a "modern look". They had their look, it was perfect, and they ditched it with no thought put in about the legacy they had achieved. If their goal was to look like a team that was created in the early 2000s and has never done anything of note, then congrats, they nailed it.

4 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I like these more than the classic uniforms but everyone around here has a hard on for literally everything that is old. The new aqua is way more vibrant but they have to change the number font at least for the number 1 it looks awful on Tua and the wordmark isn't great. Also nobody should EVER wear black cleats with the dolphins or chargers colors.

3 hours ago, Rebuy said:

They're alright but it's nowhere near as good as the originals. It's not even close. That's not an insult to the current set but the throwbacks are the very definition of classic and iconic. In fact it'd be hard to think of an NFL identity/branding as good. The only one on the same level is the Raiders.

You're comparing a vague looking arguably toothpaste dolphin to the dolphin in helmet. 

Meet the Steelers(throwbacks w/ block font), Packers, Bears, Cowboys(home), Cheifs, & Niners.

Archived