canzman

2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

3 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Miami was wearing those old uniforms when they put together the only perfect season ever, when they were coached by the winningest head coach in history, and when they had one of the all time greatest QBs. There is absolutely no reason for the Dolphins to need a "modern look". They had their look, it was perfect, and they ditched it with no thought put in about the legacy they had achieved. If their goal was to look like a team that was created in the early 2000s and has never done anything of note, then congrats, they nailed it.

Perfectly stated as to why the Dolphins abandoning their historic look is such an abomination. All their modern looks are essentially a rejection of their great history for something that's been mediocre at best and often very subpar.

3 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Meet the Steelers(throwbacks w/ block font), Packers, Bears, Cowboys(home), Cheifs, & Niners.

I'll give you the Steelers and Niners(if they're wearing the classic stuff). The Cowboys are a brilliantly marketed team but their lack of consistency for the blues and silvers in their uni set knocks them down. I'm sure I'm in the minority but it'd be awesome if they ditched the silver, went navy and white, with the white helmet/navy star, and stars on the shoulders. The Packers and Bears are historic but I'd rate their overall package below Raiders, Steelers, 9ers and a traditional Miami. There's nothing wrong with the Chiefs look or identity but I wouldn't rate it in the category of best of the best.

9 hours ago, Rebuy said:

It's an absolute crime the Dolphins ever strayed from their 1970's-early 80's look. The logo, the colors, the unis are as iconic as any in the NFL.

Nah. Let’s not get carried away. 

8 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

I like these more than the classic uniforms but everyone around here has a hard on for literally everything that is old. The new aqua is way more vibrant but they have to change the number font at least for the number 1 it looks awful on Tua and the wordmark isn't great. Also nobody should EVER wear black cleats with the dolphins or chargers colors.

You can blame the players for not doing as you like. Just like you can blame them for what they do on the field.

20 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Surging Miami Dolphins hold off the Arizona Cardinals: Recap, score, stats  and more - oregonlive.com

Am I the only person who thinks this is a solid look and is totally fine with the throwbacks being a special treat that we get a few times a year and can look forward to?

Look how excited everyone gets when they break them out. The novelty will wear off if they're worn every week. Their current, more modern identity is fine and the lighter aqua color works better in my opinion.

I don't like the current set more than the throwbacks but I do prefer the brighter aqua on the current ones.

As someone who doesn't care for all white uniforms with a white helmet, it makes me happy to see Miami and Buffalo wear their colored pants back to back weeks at Arizona. Hoping Buffalo also wear blue pants at San Fran like Miami did.

8 hours ago, aaa333bbb said:

Bills will be in road whites, blue pants, blue striped socks vs Arizona

As in the censored socks? If so that’s great 

Vikings in color rush against the Cowboys later this season.

Would've rather them wear the regular all purple but this is alright.

11 hours ago, NeauXone said:

Why do teams always wear their alternates against the same opponents? This will be the third time they've worn the CR uniform but the second time it's against Dallas. At least it's not as bad as Seattle wearing their green alternates vs the Vikings for three straight years, though.

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Why do teams always wear their alternates against the same opponents? This will be the third time they've worn the CR uniform but the second time it's against Dallas. At least it's not as bad as Seattle wearing their green alternates vs the Vikings for three straight years, though.

This annoys me a lot too. How have the Vikings and Cowboys met three times since 2016 and not once was it Dallas in standard white with Minnesota in standard purple?

14 hours ago, NeauXone said:

That sucks.

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

This annoys me a lot too. How have the Vikings and Cowboys met three times since 2016 and not once was it Dallas in standard white with Minnesota in standard purple?

The game in 2013. But you could say that was a boat load of years ago.

Jags will officially be in White over Black this week. I like teal emphasis but i can live with the black pants, not a fan of the white on white for them.

As for the dolphins, I think the current set is great. The helmet looks very nice and the colors pop, with a no-gimmick design. Simple stripes and a custom font that fits the team name. I think they do a perfect job with the throwbacks, they wear them because of their history (and they look great), but they want to keep their modern looking uniforms. They're one of the few teams in the NFL that I dont have a complaint on.

18 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

Jags will officially be in White over Black this week. I like teal emphasis but i can live with the black pants, not a fan of the white on white for them.

I'm actually a big fan of this current Jags set when they are never in matching jerseys/pants. (Granted I'd love tweaks to it and have more teal on the road jersey.)