canzman

2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

37 minutes ago, msubulldog said:

I wonder if the Chargers are opening/the roof and wearing white in their new stadium?

So it seems, our Week 2 game is at the Chargers. I expect they wear white over white, which means the Panthers might be in blue over black for that game. I don't mind, it's not a bad look, but I prefer blue over white.

So the Bucs are in fact still a white at home team? I knew last year was a fluke with those early-season late afternoon kickoffs. Disappointing.

And what's the deal with this LA stadium? Is heat a factor or not. If the Chargers are STILL gonna be wearing white at home and will designate 2-3 games for the Color Rush, we'll only see the powder blue 3 times per season. Unreal.

Giants news I saw on twitter:

Color Rush vs. TB in Week 8 on Monday Night, as many of us expected.

Blue on the road at Cincinnati in Week 12 (likely Color Rush, which has somehow been prioritized over the orange alternates)

2 hours ago, msubulldog said:

I wonder if the Chargers are opening/the roof and wearing white in their new stadium?

Sofi Stadium has a fixed, translucent ETFE roof. It is not designed to open and close. It is more like a canopy with open sides. The roof itself doesn't open.

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

So the Bucs are in fact still a white at home team? I knew last year was a fluke with those early-season late afternoon kickoffs. Disappointing.

And what's the deal with this LA stadium? Is heat a factor or not. If the Chargers are STILL gonna be wearing white at home and will designate 2-3 games for the Color Rush, we'll only see the powder blue 3 times per season. Unreal.

I thought I remember reading last year where Arians said he wanted them to always wear red at home. In fact the only game they whore white in Tampa was ironically against his old team the Cardinals. Maybe we'll get a color on color matchup with Carolina in week 2?

23 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

I thought I remember reading last year where Arians said he wanted them to always wear red at home. In fact the only game they whore white in Tampa was ironically against his old team the Cardinals. Maybe we'll get a color on color matchup with Carolina in week 2?

I hope that's the case. Or maybe they just want to show off the "new" white combo in a home game and figured the opener would be a good time for that.

I'm still puzzled by that Arizona game from last season. It was their first 1pm home game if that means anything.

Sofi Stadium is like a lid covering being held in place. Parts of the stadium have no enclosed walls, so there are openings on those parts of the building. Hot air can still transfer into the stadium. I think the Chargers want to show off their whites for at least one home game like some of the other teams do with theirs.

Carolina is probably playing it smarter this time, because they wore black in sunny Santa Clara, got beaten badly by the 49ers. I thought the Panthers would wear blue against the Bears. The soonest they went to their darker colors, for daytime games at 1:00 PM, have been October 19 in 2003 and 2008, Titans in 2003 and Saints in 2008. They have gone to the blues sooner, like last year against Jacksonville, and against Tampa Bay in 2007. The furthest Carolina has worn white at home, since teams began wearing alternates, was on the dates of October 11 of 2009 against Washington and October 10 of 2010 against Chicago.

If what the Giants twitter says is true, then Cincinnati must be wearing their white color rush. Why the Giants game? I wish they would have worn those for Dallas.

The Bengals have worn the orange alternate for the first October home game since 2014. Would I be correct to say they'll wear them against the Jaguars?

44 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

The furthest Carolina has worn white at home, since teams began wearing alternates, was on the dates of October 11 of 2009 against Washington and October 10 of 2010 against Chicago.

Carolina wore white at home during the 2015 playoffs, although they were in black for regular season home games starting week 7 of that year.

50 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Sofi Stadium is like a lid covering being held in place. Parts of the stadium have no enclosed walls, so there are openings on those parts of the building. Hot air can still transfer into the stadium. I think the Chargers want to show off their whites for at least one home game like some of the other teams do with theirs.

This is super cool.  It's not a "domed" stadium (not that any are actually "domes' anymore) it's like a stadium built inside some big glass cover.  Definitely seems like it could be considered an outdoor stadium.  Seems similar to how Safeco is when its cover is up (i think - I've never been.)

894233684df24289a389223ab418449f.jpg?res

It's really a shame that they basically built an outdoor stadiums but Rams and Chargers games will no longer be played in the sun.

Bengals in black at home opening day. Bucs still in white at home in Week 4...

Looks like BUF in throwback Week 12.

3 hours ago, Ark said:

It's really a shame that they basically built an outdoor stadiums but Rams and Chargers games will no longer be played in the sun.

Huh?  The roof of Sofi Stadium is ETFE – or Ethylene Tetrafluoroethylene.  Its like the roof in Minnesota and the sun will shine thru.

1 minute ago, TBGKon said:

Huh?  The roof of Sofi Stadium is ETFE – or Ethylene Tetrafluoroethylene.  Its like the roof in Minnesota and the sun will shine thru.

But it's blocked.

Games are still going to look like they're being plated under a roof. See Vikings highlights.

Color Rush in Buffalo makes me think we may get color vs color. The Bills in red would contrast well with the Bolts in navy. 

12 hours ago, Ark said:

But it's blocked.

Games are still going to look like they're being plated under a roof. See Vikings highlights.

That, and plus the Colts' Lucas Oil Stadium with the windows open. Except Sofi would be without the window and the open air on the side is more than Lucas Oil

11 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

No powder blue until October 😕

In Tampa in September. It looks like the Chargers are hesitant to wear the powder blues against an NFC team. The only time they've worn them against an NFC team are the 49ers, Cowboys, Buccaneers, and if you count the Seahawks which is in preseason. I think the Chargers had no choice for the Tampa game. Because the navy or royal blue wouldn't have been comfortable. Plus, they probably will stay away from pairing those jerseys with white pants.

13 hours ago, dont care said:

A whole 3 games...

Well powder blue is a very dark color. Clearly the team would play poorly and pass out from heat exhaustion if they wore it in the last weekend of September.

14 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Color Rush in Buffalo makes me think we may get color vs color. The Bills in red would contrast well with the Bolts in navy. 

I think this screams white throwback for Buffalo. They have worn it in Week 12 before and the Color Rush usually doesn't come out til mid December.

19 hours ago, Ark said:

But it's blocked.

It’s definitely a step in the right direction. Games at US Bank have a much stronger light source and look like an overcast day. The sun is bright but muted a bit so it isn’t glaring. Not quite outdoor football but a far cry from the old days of domes.

spacer.png

spacer.png