canzman

2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

2 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

I'm in favor of seeing more white on white for the Vikings but hopefully it doesn't become the primary look

If they do this, they need to fix the sleeve stripes so they match the pants better. Pants have the yellow with purple on both sides. The yellow on the jersey strip doesn't. It's the only thing that bothers me about this look (besides the dumb serif numbers). It's clear this set was designed to be purple over white or white over purple.

4 hours ago, ptaylor said:

The "Wolfskins" and Bears don't look bad in all-white but with the 'icy' look sweeping college and the NFL, I really don't want more teams adopting that look.

And the WFT and Bears happen to actually wear (GASP) contrasting white socks with STRIPES with their team color pants. A rarity which I appreciate. 

Except historically they were in all white long before it became a trendy thing. 

Titans are back in white over navy. Week 11 and still no light blue pants combos at all. I hope they get blown out.

So we might lose another unique road pant color to white basically because the Vikings offense scored 19 points? Really? You can't make this up.

What does "The offense could see them better" even mean? Cousins is the only player this would even apply to.

28 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Except historically they were in all white long before it became a trendy thing. 

I'd argue that the WFT were in white over khaki or yellow far longer than they were in white over white.

I should really go look to confirm that, though 🙂

If you're worried about your players not being able to see your own team, its because you picked a crappy color combination.

The bears were wearing orange. I don't think purple pants makes that more an issue, its lessened if anything.

If you were playing the ravens, then yes, white pants may help you. Clashing color matchups are important.

Heck, look at Washington v Detroit last week. The colors clashed great. Are they their best uniforms? Maybe, maybe not, but when paired together, that's a heck of a clash and looked great.

Spoiler

Detroit Lions beat Washington Football Team, 30-27: Game thread replay

Another example, steelers-titans. the jerseys just clashed really well. Might not be their best looks, but they play well off each other.

Spoiler

Titans comeback attempt falls short to Steelers | Sports | wsmv.com

Lets look at jaguars examples as they're my team:

Good choices:

Spoiler

Saints Defense Steps up with Best Showing of the Season Against JaguarsKC Chiefs-Jacksonville Jags NFL preview, coach, schemes | The Kansas City  Star

Bad choices:

Spoiler

AP source: Jaguars star Jalen Ramsey wants to be traded

Monday Morning Uni Watch | Uni Watch

Don't hear what I'm not saying, teams don't have to clash in every aspect of the uniform. But clash the overall colors. Saints-Jags, the jags emphasized their teal since the saints have a black & gold uniform. Focus the Teal vs the Gold.

7 minutes ago, s3ahawkz said:

Washington wearing throwbacks this week

Forgive me if this has already been addressed way back when the team released thier uniform tweaks, but would the throwback uniform have numbers on the helmet, or nothing at all?

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

They don't need one black jersey.

Do the Texans need two navy jerseys? 

Nonetheless, if the Cardinals had to pick, they should choose the one with white numbers and pants, as it matches the white helmet. 

17 hours ago, simtek34 said:

(someone tell the Bears and REDACTEDs they can too. They look good like this...)

spacer.pngspacer.png

That looks fine, but burgundy/navy pants are better for both.

Jaguars will be in Black over Teal this week vs Pittsburgh. Will look really nice balance-wise. (Source: team's twitter account)

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Do the Texans need two navy jerseys? 

No. And the Vikings don't need two purple jerseys. And the Browns don't need two brown jerseys.

Color rush was garbage from the start. At least at first it was fresh garbage. Now it's stale, old, tired garbage.

Jaguars in a black and teal combo in Week 11 vs. Pittsburgh? Where have I seen that before? Oh right, 2 seasons ago.

Steelers Erase 16-Point Deficit to Beat Jaguars - The New York Times

29 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Jaguars in a black and teal combo in Week 11 vs. Pittsburgh? Where have I seen that before? Oh right, 2 seasons ago.

Steelers Erase 16-Point Deficit to Beat Jaguars - The New York Times

Well, technically that was Teal over Black, this year will be opposite.  It's interesting because whenever the Jags (and Ravens for that matter), go black jerseys/color pants--they essentially look like the Steelers.

4 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Forgive me if this has already been addressed way back when the team released thier uniform tweaks, but would the throwback uniform have numbers on the helmet, or nothing at all?

I think it will have nothing but I'm not totally sure

6 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'd argue that the WFT were in white over khaki or yellow far longer than they were in white over white.

I should really go look to confirm that, though 🙂

The skins were a stretch as they had khaki and then gold pants. 

The Bears, Vikings, Chiefs, etc... all historically white over white before any colored pants were introduced. And personally they look better in all white.

The Washington Football Team are about to wear their 4th variation of the throwback set. Little tweaks here or there would be commonplace 20+ years ago, but in the modern era of merchandising and uniform cycles, this seems incredible.

The original set had a faux leather helmet:

spacer.png

The one helmet rule led to their regular helmet being used without the stripes:

spacer.png

Which then led to a version with a gray mask:

spacer.png

And now we will likely be getting the 4th variation without any logos on the helmet or jersey.

Teams I like wearing white pants as their primary road combination:

Eagles

Falcons

Panthers

Cardinals

Rams

Bills

Ravens

Bengals

Texans

Colts

Jaguars