canzman

2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

 

It’s definitely a step in the right direction. Games at US Bank have a much stronger light source and look like an overcast day. The sun is bright but muted a bit so it isn’t glaring. Not quite outdoor football but a far cry from the old days of domes.

 

That's fine for Minnesota, but this is LA we're talking about. I sort of understand for Arizona or Las Vegas, even though the NFL season is during fall and winter. 

 

But there is absolutely no reason why an NFL football stadium in Los Angeles should have a roof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uniform-wise, I would LOVE to see these matchups:

 

Week 1: Buccaneers (new white jerseys-pewter pants-adjustable black socks) at Saints (black jerseys-gold pants-adjustable black socks)

Week 4: Packers (standard road jerseys-pants-adjustable socks) at Saints (black jerseys-gold pants-adjustable black socks)

Week 10: 49ers (standard road jerseys-pants-adjustable socks) at Saints (black jerseys-gold pants-adjustable black socks)

 

Unfortunately, it will end up looking like this:

 

Week 1: Buccaneers (new white jerseys-white pants-adjustable black socks) at Saints (black jerseys-black pants-solid black socks)

Week 4: Packers (standard road jerseys-pants-adjustable socks) at Saints (black jerseys-black pants-solid black socks)

Week 10: 49ers (standard home jerseys-pants-adjustable socks) at Saints (all-white Color Rush uniforms, since we lost to the 49ers at home in the all-black last season and Payton is superstitious)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ark said:

 

That's fine for Minnesota, but this is LA we're talking about. I sort of understand for Arizona or Las Vegas, even though the NFL season is during fall and winter. 

 

But there is absolutely no reason why an NFL football stadium in Los Angeles should have a roof.

 

Probably did it for Super Bowl reasons, since we all know that venue will DEFINITELY host a future one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ark said:

 

 

 

But there is absolutely no reason why an NFL football stadium in Los Angeles should have a roof.

 

The Cardinals, Cowboys, Texans, and Falcons play under a semi roof and they're all on the southern equator of the globe as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gothedistance said:

 

The Cardinals, Cowboys, Texans, and Falcons play under a semi roof and they're all on the southern equator of the globe as well. 

the heck kinda equator are you talking about

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 61woods said:

Uniform-wise, I would LOVE to see these matchups:

 

Week 1: Buccaneers (new white jerseys-pewter pants-adjustable black socks) at Saints (black jerseys-gold pants-adjustable black socks)

Week 4: Packers (standard road jerseys-pants-adjustable socks) at Saints (black jerseys-gold pants-adjustable black socks)

Week 10: 49ers (standard road jerseys-pants-adjustable socks) at Saints (black jerseys-gold pants-adjustable black socks)

 

Unfortunately, it will end up looking like this:

 

Week 1: Buccaneers (new white jerseys-white pants-adjustable black socks) at Saints (black jerseys-black pants-solid black socks)

Week 4: Packers (standard road jerseys-pants-adjustable socks) at Saints (black jerseys-black pants-solid black socks)

Week 10: 49ers (standard home jerseys-pants-adjustable socks) at Saints (all-white Color Rush uniforms, since we lost to the 49ers at home in the all-black last season and Payton is superstitious)

I think the Saints will wear the white color rush against the Packers or the regular all white combo.  They wore the WCR against Dallas in week 4 last year and they will likely do it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gothedistance said:

 

The Cardinals, Cowboys, Texans, and Falcons play under a semi roof and they're all on the southern equator of the globe as well. 

The equator must have moved from the last time I looked at a map or globe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dont care said:

The equator must have moved from the last time I looked at a map or globe


I think he meant either the northern or western equator, not the southern one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, gothedistance said:

 

In Tampa in September. It looks like the Chargers are hesitant to wear the powder blues against an NFC team. The only time they've worn them against an NFC team are the 49ers, Cowboys, Buccaneers, and if you count the Seahawks which is in preseason. I think the Chargers had no choice for the Tampa game. Because the navy or royal blue wouldn't have been comfortable. Plus, they probably will stay away from pairing those jerseys with white pants.

Yea, LA in September is not very cool either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 61woods said:

 

Probably did it for Super Bowl reasons, since we all know that venue will DEFINITELY host a future one.

Can't have the Super Bowl played in the muck like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

I think the Saints will wear the white color rush against the Packers or the regular all white combo.  They wore the WCR against Dallas in week 4 last year and they will likely do it again.

 

That was more than likely the result of superstition since we lost to the Cowboys in all-black in 2018 (ending our 10-game winning streak) and forcing the Cowboys to wear their "unlucky" uniform combo.

 

That is why we have not been wearing the black and white jerseys-gold pants much because we have not been doing all too well in those particular combos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Falcons haven't worn white at home in a really long time, 2003. Interestingly, their opponent, the Broncos, last wore white in their home stadium in Denver that same year.

 

I figure that the Falcons want to show off all of their jerseys/uniforms in front of their home fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What in the world is going on with that Week 9 Broncos Falcons matchup? Why would Atlanta wear white for that and why would Denver waste an alternate jersey game on a road game? Very strange. Also surprised they're wearing navy on opening night against a team they wore it against the previous season. They usually mix it up, but instead we won't see them in navy in Denver the rest of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought but given the Giants’ and Broncos’ unique uniforms on Nov 29th, maybe Thanksgiving weekend will be all color vs. color matchups?

 

Seems too unusual that both the Giants and Broncos on the road would be wearing color at Cincinnati and Atlanta respectively. Just thinking out loud though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

What in the world is going on with that Week 9 Broncos Falcons matchup? Why would Atlanta wear white for that and why would Denver waste an alternate jersey game on a road game? Very strange. Also surprised they're wearing navy on opening night against a team they wore it against the previous season. They usually mix it up, but instead we won't see them in navy in Denver the rest of the season.

 

Let the home fans see every uniform combo? It could help with the marketing department. 

 

When you display a uniform schedule and your team is only wearing 1 or 2 jerseys most of the time, if not all, then you may be inclined to ask what the point is then. There are teams who only wear one or two jerseys/uniforms for their home games, so there would be no need to give a whole entire uniform schedule. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was excited to see the Chargers wear the new powder blue against my Raiders but it turns out the Chargers are gonna screw this up and wear all navy instead.

 

tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sudden said:

Just a thought but given the Giants’ and Broncos’ unique uniforms on Nov 29th, maybe Thanksgiving weekend will be all color vs. color matchups?

 

Seems too unusual that both the Giants and Broncos on the road would be wearing color at Cincinnati and Atlanta respectively. Just thinking out loud though.

Broncos aren't against the Falcons on Thanksgiving, they play early November

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sudden said:

Just a thought but given the Giants’ and Broncos’ unique uniforms on Nov 29th, maybe Thanksgiving weekend will be all color vs. color matchups?

 

Seems too unusual that both the Giants and Broncos on the road would be wearing color at Cincinnati and Atlanta respectively. Just thinking out loud though.

This wouldn't happen because I doubt Texans will wear navy on the road against the Lions in blue although they could wear the alternate reds, cowboys are wearing white color rush on Thanksgiving, and the night game is Steelers vs Ravens and the black and purple wouldn't clash enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.