2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

4 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

Love that the Lions seem to make an effort to wear their throwbacks on Thanksgiving.

I think Detroit wore color rush for last year's Thanksgiving against the Bears because the Lions wore the throwbacks against Chicago on the Thanksgiving the year prior in 2018.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I just wanna say I was a big fan of this look when it debuted in 2015

spacer.png

Unpopular opinion, but I really liked this set too and I'd even prefer this to be used instead of the black pants.  I know these pants were almost universally hated when they made their appearance.

8 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Unpopular opinion, but I really liked this set too and I'd even prefer this to be used instead of the black pants.  I know these pants were almost universally hated when they made their appearance.

I really want to like this look but I just can't. That shade of yellow is a bit too mustard-y for my liking.

I think purple & gold is a criminally underused color scheme in sports, and it would totally translate well for the ravens. However, their “gold” is not a good color for that. If they had Washington’s gold (the school not WFT) I think that would look killer, but as it stands it’s just a bad shade of yellow/gold

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

1 hour ago, flyersfan said:

I think purple & gold is a criminally underused color scheme in sports, and it would totally translate well for the ravens. However, their “gold” is not a good color for that. If they had Washington’s gold (the school not WFT) I think that would look killer, but as it stands it’s just a bad shade of yellow/gold

In this case, I'd prefer the more mustard yellow.  The khaki gold used by everyone else always looks awful IMO.

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

You can't do helmets - jerseys - pants three different colors unless one is white. Basic football uniform rule.

And the helmet can't be white. You can do dark-medium-white, medium-dark-white, but not white-dark-medium or white-medium-dark.

Someone's going to post the Wyoming uniform in response to this, or the Chargers blue over yellow. Yes, those are also bad and both are (or would be, in Wyoming's case) better with white pants. 

ExJworW.png

29 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

And the helmet can't be white. You can do dark-medium-white, medium-dark-white, but not white-dark-medium or white-medium-dark.

Someone's going to post the Wyoming uniform in response to this, or the Chargers blue over yellow. Yes, those are also bad and both are (or would be, in Wyoming's case) better with white pants. 

russell westbrook GIF

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I realize that's a pretty common opinion, but I've always had a soft spot for the white helmet, colored pants uniforms, providing the pants are gold, yellow, silver, or some other very light color.

spacer.png

That USFL Breakers uniform is especially nice... one of my top ten all time favorite uniforms.

2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

The Chargers blue over yellow is not bad. It is good. And they wear the blue tops with white pants just enough.

6 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

You can't do helmets - jerseys - pants three different colors unless one is white. Basic football uniform rule.

I'd amend this to just the jersey or pants being white. I don't think it looks good with a white helmet. The new Chargers kinda pull it off, probably since the powder and yellow are so bright but it still doesn't look as good as the white pants.

Saints have tweeted that they will be wearing their "icy whites," which is perhaps the most rage inducing term in football uniform history. Was hoping we'd never see those things again.

Eagles are in green Monday night, marking the third time in 2 seasons they will wear this vs. Seattle. Thought for sure that would be a black jersey game.

Browns in white on white of course vs. black on black.

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Saints have tweeted that they will be wearing their "icy whites," which is perhaps the most rage inducing term in football uniform history. Was hoping we'd never see those things again.

Eagles are in green Monday night, marking the third time in 2 seasons they will wear this vs. Seattle. Thought for sure that would be a black jersey game.

Browns in white on white of course vs. black on black.

Eagles wore all black against the Seahawks in 2014 and the Seahawks wore white/navy. Let's just say that wasn't a pretty looking game

10 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

For the sake of debate, what about a hypothetical new Panthers set with a black helmet, electric blue jersey, and silver pants? Assuming it’s a well-designed uniform, I think I’d like to see that combo, but maybe it’s because silver is close enough to white. I’m having a tough time thinking of a situation it might look good with a non-silver element in place of white. 

On 11/27/2020 at 9:43 AM, flyersfan said:

The Vikings already got purple and gold covered for the NFL. And do it much better

Archived