canzman

2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, QCS said:

Do you mean our best white combo? If they wore black pants they'd also be wearing black socks because apparently contrasting socks is a non-existent idea to the team when wearing black pants and it would look much, much worse than white over white does.

I'd take matching socks/pants over both teams wearing white pants almost any day. This look worked nicely when they played the Chiefs a few weeks back and I think it would've popped here too. Plus it's at least more interesting than a white on white look that has been seen a thousand times and is a rather mediocre uniform to begin with. Also balances out their colors more evenly. Blue socks would obviously work better, but it's still a more exciting look overall in my opinion.

 

Carolina Panthers 2018 full season performance: Offense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love seeing the Texans' Battle Red. It gives their identity a bit of a refresh because honestly, the navy-heavy set is kinda boring me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills-49ers is going to look like a match made in heaven. Man oh man. Hoping Buffalo wears the blue pants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

Bills-49ers is going to look like a match made in heaven. Man oh man. Hoping Buffalo wears the blue pants.

It's a shame this game isn't gonna be played at Levi's Stadium. Worried the Bills aren't gonna want to wear blue pants to the desert again after the Hail Mary but fingers crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I'd take matching socks/pants over both teams wearing white pants almost any day. This look worked nicely when they played the Chiefs a few weeks back and I think it would've popped here too. Plus it's at least more interesting than a white on white look that has been seen a thousand times and is a rather mediocre uniform to begin with. Also balances out their colors more evenly. Blue socks would obviously work better, but it's still a more exciting look overall in my opinion.

 

Carolina Panthers 2018 full season performance: Offense

I personally disagree, I dislike how each portion of the uniform is a different color. If the helmet was blue I'd like black pants and blue socks, but it's my personal opinion that white over white looks better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

It's a shame this game isn't gonna be played at Levi's Stadium. Worried the Bills aren't gonna want to wear blue pants to the desert again after the Hail Murray but fingers crossed.

Fixed it. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, crosfam said:

Rams look is growing on me, even the frustrating details.  Darn it. 

 

Just wait until they wear the bone ones again the growth will stunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I always thought Carolina's road uniforms looked really good with black socks.

592445667_750x422.jpg1034498570-1.jpeg

 

It's a better balance with black socks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, QCS said:

I personally disagree, I dislike how each portion of the uniform is a different color. If the helmet was blue I'd like black pants and blue socks, but it's my personal opinion that white over white looks better.

I'm curious, when was the last time, if ever, we saw white over silver? I feel like that works much better than white over black too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I'm curious, when was the last time, if ever, we saw white over silver? I feel like that works much better than white over black too. 

I know this photo is black over silver...but I miss Panthers in silver pants and Saints in gold pants. Only tweak needed is fixing the Saints pants stripe to match the helmet.spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I'm curious, when was the last time, if ever, we saw white over silver? I feel like that works much better than white over black too. 

 

1998 week 17 against the Colts. The first and only time the team has worn white over silver. Its a combo that could definitely work seeing as multiple other teams with silver domes have worn white over silver.

 

However, I dont think it'd work now unless they went with a different pant manufacturer. The matte pants just look terrible with metallic colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

 

1998 week 17 against the Colts. The first and only time the team has worn white over silver. Its a combo that could definitely work seeing as multiple other teams with silver domes have worn white over silver.

 

However, I dont think it'd work now unless they went with a different pant manufacturer. The matte pants just look terrible with metallic colors.

God I didn't know it's been that long. I agree I'd prefer the pants not be matte, but I still think white over silver is better than white over black. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, QCS said:

I personally disagree, I dislike how each portion of the uniform is a different color. If the helmet was blue I'd like black pants and blue socks, but it's my personal opinion that white over white looks better.

I think the Panthers pull off the every portion is a different color look better than any other team could, so I give them credit for attempting it. The light blue socks match the thick blue stripe on the pants, and the black pants match the jersey number, but the silver is sorta on its own aside from the border of the pant stripe. The black pant combos don't necessarily look better, but they are the closest we have come to getting a Panthers redesign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

 

1998 week 17 against the Colts. The first and only time the team has worn white over silver. Its a combo that could definitely work seeing as multiple other teams with silver domes have worn white over silver.

 

However, I dont think it'd work now unless they went with a different pant manufacturer. The matte pants just look terrible with metallic colors.

 

Here's some footage. It looks pretty good. I think silver-black-silver-black should be the only home uniform worn, and silver or white pants with blue or black socks should be the road combinations. Keep the blue jersey if you'd like, too. They don't need black pants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

 

1998 week 17 against the Colts. The first and only time the team has worn white over silver. Its a combo that could definitely work seeing as multiple other teams with silver domes have worn white over silver.

 

However, I dont think it'd work now unless they went with a different pant manufacturer. The matte pants just look terrible with metallic colors.

There are a lot of teams that need to pretend that it's 1998...(and a few that need to stop).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

 

1998 week 17 against the Colts. The first and only time the team has worn white over silver.

Oh wow, is that really the only time they’ve done that? I knew it was a rare occurrence, but with the introduction of mixing and matching in recent years, I could’ve sworn they did it at least once either this season or last season. Honestly, if it was up to me, I’d drop the white pants and just roll with silver full time. Throw in one blackout game, and a couple white over black appearances (with blue socks of course) and that would be that. Silver works with all three jerseys and black is a good change of pace, white pants just aren’t needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jn8 said:

Oh wow, is that really the only time they’ve done that? I knew it was a rare occurrence, but with the introduction of mixing and matching in recent years, I could’ve sworn they did it at least once either this season or last season. Honestly, if it was up to me, I’d drop the white pants and just roll with silver full time. Throw in one blackout game, and a couple white over black appearances (with blue socks of course) and that would be that. Silver works with all three jerseys and black is a good change of pace, white pants just aren’t needed. 

 

Definitely surprised they haven't tried it again. Though probably haven't tried it cause it looks really good and they'd rather not.

 

Ditch the black pants and go back to 96. Hell I'd even deal with them ditching the white pants as long as the black and any other mess go with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.